2023-07-13 08:27:30 (edited by apostolosm7 2023-07-13 12:03:32)

Create your own country and build your nation in Politics and War, the massively multiplayer political simulation game created by an American high school student in 2014. With over a quarter of a million players since its launch, Politics and War has become an international sensation.
Create your own country and customize it for the ultimate roleplay and world-building experience. Choose your leader, draw your borders on a map, create your own nation flag, government type, nation currency, and much more.
Mine and refine resources which can be bought and sold in a completely player-driven supply and demand economy. Use resources to power your nation, build military units, city improvement, and large-scale projects to improve your nation.
Politics and War is free to play with no in-app ads, and unlike other games has strict limits on “pay-to-win” activity. This game was built and is still being developed and improved upon by an independent developer who was only 16 when he first created the game.
This is a persistant MMO game that is accessible with Voiceover. The layout is like a website and navigating via heading and links works extremely well. https://www.applevis.com/apps/ios/games/politics-war  https://apps.apple.com/us/app/politics- … 1552461332  Note I have not played the game I’m just posting this because No one else did so far.

2023-07-13 11:27:26

Android version for anyone who needs it.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta … p;hl=en_US

2023-07-13 15:56:34

wasn't this game on web browser too?

if you buy a king sized bed, you're left with more bed room, but less bedroom!

2023-07-13 23:13:42

With how much I was enjoying nations at risk before that one went down, I've been thinking of giving this a try, probably on the web browser, but I'm hesitant if this is too much of a pvp fest.

Yes, I know there are alliances to join, but that's not really my cup of tea.

I don't mind a little raiding between friends; albeit I'd much rather fight the environment or npcs, but if this is one of those games where you're going to get constantly attacked   and pillaged, to the point you can't accumulate resources for building your own stuff and can't actually progress much in the game, other than by joining an uber powerful clan and getting embroiled in clan wars, I'd probably give it a miss.

I have seen multiplayer games like this before, ones where the most powerful players just take potshots at newbies the second the protection runs out, or ones where, even if there is opponent scaling, the attacking becomes such a major focus of the game, there's not room for any other aspects such as building or development.

Any thoughts/

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2023-07-14 12:11:35

I've played this game for a while. which may be divided into 2 periods
The first period in 2022 around May They were doing well but the alliance had some internal issues so I had to move but it didn't last long due to a number of factors that didn't play. therefore being expelled from the alliance
Later, I came back again at the beginning of the year. and joined the alliance again I've been around until last month. Since I haven't been in the discord for a long time, so they kicked me out again. (It's different from the first time.) Currently, I've put the country into vacation mode for at least 180 days to prevent damage. Because in the past I lost both money Resources go with their bank deposits. and didn't get any resources out both times.
Also, in the meantime, I went to play another game called "dipromacy and strife", which had very interesting details, but ended up with communication issues. cause I don't understand some things especially when attacked How to repair buildings, etc. Makes my current country likely to be destroyed. Because I haven't been there for a long time hahaha

2023-07-15 09:38:40

@4, I have played the game for a while without an alliance and done fine. Just stay beneath 5 Cities and you should be fine. At that level you'll be the most entertained anyway

You ain't done nothin' if you ain't been cancelled
_____
I'm working on a playthrough series of the space 4X game Aurora4x. Find it here

2023-07-15 16:10:12

@6
give me some advice How can you survive without allies? And how fun is it?

2023-07-15 22:37:56

Just don't attack anyone in an alliance and you'll be fine.

_____

2023-07-16 07:35:55 (edited by Dark 2023-07-16 07:48:09)

Okay I decided to give this one a try and dive in, and have been working my way through all those objectives.

the "join alliance", spam is a bit of a pest, but hay.

I've run into one miner issue, since one objective requires me to join an alliance, I'm not sure if this is the last one or not, but there seems to be no way to skip it, and just joining an alliance, getting the cash for the objective than walking out seems to be a way to piss people off.

then again, since someone has apparently already publically denounced me for no reason, maybe pissing people off in this game is just standard.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2023-07-16 16:41:34

I have tried this game, but can't build the farm in the tutorial without power, I selected a coal power plant, but still can't build a farm.

2023-07-17 01:44:24

Um.. What? Last I checked farms were independent of power?

_____

2023-07-17 22:56:00

yep farms don't require power

2023-07-22 07:02:23

Let me ask you one more question. if we are alone How can we find funding for the country's development? But it's good that we don't have to form like in alliances. We have freedom.

2023-07-22 16:07:47

@mase3118, Sell what you produce!

People will buy it, especially if you have a coal mine or the like.

At the moment I am still working my way through the objectives. Felt a bit bad about joining an alliance only to ditch them a second later, but it was the only way to go on with the objectives, and It was amusing to name my military high command, general specific, Commander Alt, and Admiral Tee big_smile.

I am still getting into the game and not %100 sure about some things yet, EG the guide on youtube suggests basically doing most things by resource trading, which looks like a great way to focus on one resource and produce more, but it seems a little risky say to not have any farms. Also coal can sell quite well on the open market, so if I can produce coal and! power my city, changing over to uranium seems expensive.

2023-07-22 22:46:03

Nuclear power plants are superior to every other form of power in the game. They don't cause any pollution, they can power 2000 infra while only using 1 improvement slot, and uses relatively little Uranium. Just buy a thousand uraniumm and you're set for a while.

_____

2023-07-23 00:05:32

I found your suggestion interesting. I will try playing the game when my country's vacation mode is over. I felt a sense of freedom being able to do anything with my own country, even though it was very challenging. However, since I was in an alliance, something went wrong. Whether it was my fault or not, it is a good thing that I am now living by myself.

2023-07-23 00:10:32

I apologize if this is against the rules. I am simply curious if anyone has played the game Diplomacy and Strife. I find the game to be quite complex and interesting, and I am wondering if anyone else has had similar experiences. The game is only available in a web browser, which I find to be a unique feature.

2023-07-23 04:15:04

It's an interesting concept but I found the starting political capital they gave you barely enough to get anything done. But yeah definitely a neat concept.

_____

2023-08-02 18:47:12

I noticed the ios and android info given here, but lately i find myself on the computer. so if someone could give the web url so i can play that way it would be great.

2023-08-07 23:14:04

Does anyone else find the phone apps to be completely unusable?

Who am I? Simply me!

2023-08-09 19:35:50

politicsandwar.com

_____

2023-08-11 03:32:15

I'm going to be honest and advise against playing solo. of course, you can do what you choose, but those who are in alliances, we literally filter out nations who aren't in one when we're raiding, which is by far the absolute quickest way to grow. I've been playing for 2 weeks, won 19 wars and looted almost 200m. I just purchased my 6th city. if you don't have allies, you will be ruthlessly attacked. so if you don't like war, rebuilding and fighting, this game probly isn't for you.