2023-06-13 12:03:45

hello to all the forum staff. i hope you all are good.i have a suggestion for the post, can you guys make when we make a post and that post have a reply you will be noted at your e-mail? it's more eazy for people. because there can know that there are new reply to you at your post.
i am sorry because my english.

2023-06-13 13:00:01

There use to be an option to subscribe, that would do exactly what you want. It seems to have vanished. Did it malfunction, or something, and had to be removed?

看過來!
"If you want utopia but reality gives you Lovecraft, you don't give up, you carve your utopia out of the corpses of dead gods."
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2023-06-13 15:58:08

@2 o. i didn't know it. where can i find it?

2023-06-13 16:02:44

it doesnt currently exist

i am a system, i have headmates, and that is my life, and my discord is rings2006wilson#8609

2023-06-13 18:35:53

rings2006 wrote:

it doesnt currently exist

o. thanks for telling that.
i hope the staff here can take the suggestion.

2023-06-13 18:44:35

All that fanfare about the migration a few months ago...

You ain't done nothin' if you ain't been cancelled
_____
I'm working on a playthrough series of the space 4X game Aurora4x. Find it here

2023-06-13 18:48:45

yeah

i am a system, i have headmates, and that is my life, and my discord is rings2006wilson#8609

2023-06-13 20:20:33

LOL The sight is more broken now than before the migration. If they're going to do something, I'd rather them fix search and editing posts. So much for progress; the grass isn't greener after all, I guess.

2023-06-14 02:07:07

It’d help if they were at least a little bit active to begin with. At least one of the admins still posts and the monthly Digests are still happening, but no official activity aside from that, at least not that I know of.

2023-06-26 20:34:43 (edited by Jonnyboy1991 2023-06-26 20:41:00)

@8 I agree. This ain't aimed at the admins at all as some if yall staff clearly seem to see that I'm aiming my frustrations at all of you, when in fact I'll just come out and say this. but, I'd like to know where are all the coders who claim they know their shit to get anything working at all? So much for said migration. I would have at least thought that when all that took place, they'd be more willing to work on stuff, but indeed, search function isn't working still and has been broken ever sense migrating to said new server. I honestly don't know what could have changed, but only thing I could come up is if this forum software and not sure if they have installed a newer version of php which may or may not be slightly incompatible, which is right now, 8.x, Sorry latest version number escapes me now but you get my point. same thing I'm thinking with MYSQL. Yall are running older forum software and if you're doing that with latest versions of shit, that could indeed be why. I don't know this current setup but that's my thoughts. I get if this is a tricky thing to solve but it's been months and nothing has been done nor, none of yall has came out front and letting us know the progress. I'm sorry but, I'm seeing it, and everyone else is seeing it too. I honestly would have thought that they'd get their shit together but maybe that's indeed not the case. Like... I can't even use the search function without waiting for 5 minutes to have it load the results and that's unacceptable! Clearly clearing the index did nothing. This also happens when editing posts. Slow loading or at least last I tried. If you're gunna fix shit, at least give us the benefit of the doubt that you're actually fixing and improving stuff. I don't mean to be harsh but my patience are running thin right now and I hate to say it but looks like promises are being broken yet, again! Clearly yall need more coders than mods at this point. Yall got two as far as I know, and yall did done no shit sense. Oh sure, it looked like shit was being done in the beginning when migration took place but where is the energy gone? Like... Did you decide not to fix stuff and leave us hanging because that's another thing I do not like! Yall done broke your promises again and this is becoming a habit and I honestly don't care if yall hate, or like my view on all of this but this is, truly how I'm beginning to feel about all this. You might as well not have done the migration at all if this is what was gunna be had. No progress. I would honestly love some answers, yet, again! if staff views this post as antagonizing, I'm sorry, but it's true. How about you all do a favor and put yourselves in our shoes for a moment instead of automatically viewing my points as antagonizing. Yall done it to the last posts I've ranted about regarding this whole thing and this is why I've never posted much regarding all of this. Like, I can't raise my concerns in a way to make yall see the bigger picture? Nope? Okay. Oh yeah and that was as a general statement. Yall work as a team or so, at least that's what I thought. I have a way of expressing my points and if yall don't like it then, well, I guess you all don't want shit to get done... I want you all to come out and prove that I'm wrong because you do indeed know that I'm half ass right about some of this and I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say that. If you can't keep promises and do shit, then at least get people who can have more time on their hands to work on stuff because clearly  the current lineup ain't the way to go. Applications for more coders should be in order if this is what's gunna happen. We already got a mod application how about more capable bodies who knows their shit with regards to coding. And before yall ask, no, I'm not volunteering at all as I currently don't have the time and if I do, I'd be doing a disservice, claiming that I'll be around and finding out I can't.

Jonathan Candler, A.K.A, Jonnyboy