2023-02-22 10:08:53

Hi.
As you already know,
there are many members of this forum, like me, who live in countries like my country, Iran, who can not access online methods for buying their desired audiogames or special softwares, due to sanctions or other political and financial stuf.
so, the admins created a special topic for those people to ask other members from developed countries, to ask them to buy their desired games for them.
But I feel that topic does not visited by other members or ignored by them.
Although it is obvious that no one has the duty to answer our requests and buy us the games, but, I think, maybe, the admins should find better way to show this topic, in a way to concider the other's members attention and make them concider their request.
now, that game purchase topic is pinned to the top of general games forum, and many people simply skeep them.
does anyone has better ideas for topic to show in the forum, and pay other peoples attention.

All the best,
Adel, Akbari.

2023-02-22 11:14:50

I think the top of General Game Discussion is about the most visible place on the forum. It's just that when you visit the forum daily, you skip the sticky topics and forget about them. But that would happen no matter where it's placed.

We are pleased, that you made it through the final challenge, where we pretended we were going to murder you. We are throwing a party in honor of your tremendous success. Place the device on the ground, then lay on your stomach with your arms at your sides. A party associate will arrive shortly to collect you for your party. Assume the party submission position or you will miss the party.

2023-02-22 16:44:05

What do you wanna do, spam us? That would make me less likely to ever buy games for people. I have sympathy for your situation, but the topic is stickied. Yes, people have a penchant for scrolling past stickied topics, myself too, but what do you want?

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2023-02-22 20:59:20

Doesn't matter what you do, everybody who skipped the topic before will continue skipping it. Sorry.

2023-02-25 01:43:26

I'm pretty sure some people doesn't ignore the topic. It's just that they have more importent things to spent there money on

best regards, muhammad chafid

2023-02-25 03:50:29

I don't have any way to verify this, but maybe if people do  take up the cause of purchasing things for people they maybe do it privately to avoid being spammed. On that note you made this topic about 2 days after your request. Be a lil more patient than that big_smile

You ain't done nothin' if you ain't been cancelled
_____
I'm working on a playthrough series of the space 4X game Aurora4x. Find it here

2023-02-26 20:55:42 (edited by defender 2023-02-26 21:01:53)

I don't ignore the topic, I just don't see anyone asking for things under like 8 bucks in their hardly ever now.  I simply can't afford to buy a stranger some 20 to $40 game.
Also, to be honest sometimes it's because I don't want to support the company they are asking for a game from or I know the game is a ripoff already.  Now yes, it isn't very fair to make that judgement on the person's behalf and refuse to buy them a game just because I don't like it, but I also don't want to waste my money either.
I feel  a bit bad about it (it's still just games after all and there are far more important things in life) but there it is.  I don't have a ton of money for an American living in an American economy, even if I do have allot when comparing to other country's economies.  If I don't have the money I need to keep my self alive, go to college, get to work EtC, I can't be earning more money for this later anyway.

2023-02-27 13:48:08

maybe we should make the thread unsticky so it can be noticed more wen someone posts in it

2023-02-27 15:07:21

@7, That would be a bad idea. As people post in topics, it would fall further down the page, making it harder for people to find.
If they did that, we would start seeing can someone buy game X topics all over the forum again.

2023-02-27 15:29:24

Especially since the search isn't working, so no way to just call up that particular thread.

End racism
End division
Become united

2023-02-28 19:09:30

Hi.
first, I have got an obssessive when writing here, because due to my not good English, sometimes my sentences mis interpreteded in a way that I don't wanted to say, so it causes bad feeling or thinking that I am a rood person and such.
So, I reread my posts and check that at list in my English ability, I am not causing anyone bad feeling when I post here.
second, about the game purchase,
the thing is, me as an blind Iranian users that loves to play newest audiogames, and playing games is one of my big hobbies when I am free from work and family stuf.
But unfortunately, due to me born in the wrong time and wrong place, could not access and enjoy playing the games that my fellow forum members from developed countries are playing and enjoying, so I just could hear their recording on youtube, or at last, look for the cracked versions of those games, only to reach myself to my fellow blind people in developed countries who can easily afford those games.
If, my situation was not like this, there is no reason for me to look for cracked versions of the games, only to enjoy the playing the things that others are playing.
Actually, there are 2 main problems with my situations,
firstly, we have no way to order those games from outside of Iran, at list as far as I know,
and second,  the value of our national money, Iranian rials, is declyning rapidly, you can search that today each american dollar, iquals 600000 iranian rials,
and how much i payed as a librarian here each month, around 65000000 rials, and I have a good and lovely wife, who is blind like me, and we are expecting to have our first baby girl, in around 3 months.
so, evenn If I could find a way to afford those games, for example by changing rials to american dollars, or euros, it costs me lots of my monthly income.
So, I have my own dignity, I don't like to consider here as a begger or something like that, but the reality is not always the thing that I wish, the reality is  independent of my wishes and expectations.
So, on the other hand, i surely know, that, it is not anyone duty to answer our requests, I know, even in the western countries, sometimes the financial situation for many of our forum members is not very good and they have their own priorities.
but, I feel that having access to the entertainment for every blind person should be equal.
So, the main point of creating this topic here, at list in my mind, was, to inform other members, that it is not correct to consider all of the game requests from members, as a way to get others money and make them decieved or like that, some of those requests are from people who honestly have no other way to obtain those games for themselves, and enjoy playing them like other blind people in the world.
So I appologyse  if my topic  causes some members here to consider us beggers or some thing by this meaning.
I just wanted to do my best to clerify my point.

All the best,
Adel, Akbari.

2023-02-28 20:32:14

I don't think you're rude or coming off as a beggar. And I can at least agree that in an ideal world, all things should be equal. This means that no matter where you were born, you have access to everything that you need to live a successful and happy life.

I do think you need to realize that just because some forum members have it better than you might, that doesn't mean that they are obligated to purchase anything for you or people like you. It would surely be nice if more people did, but it's not a requirement and shouldn't be treated as such.

End racism
End division
Become united