2022-11-15 21:17:42

hi. A few days I came across this game while browsing the app store. In this game you lead a party through different dungeons to collect better loot (mostly equipment). Each dungeon has a chapter, so this game is actually a storygame. I don't know if there are any new episodes or if this is already complete.
Like I said, in this game you fight through dungeons and try to do harder dungeons. You can then equip the loot you collect, and most of the time it is better, but you can also enhance equipment to make it stronger.
Most of the game is accessible, except for a few screens
- party movement is not accessible. this means you can't move party members to different positions
- equiping party members is also not very accessible, but for this there is an auto-equip feature, so i always do that to make sure I have the best equipment equiped before embarking on the next dungeon.
The game is originally in japanese, but from what i've gathered the game is now fully translated to english.
you can find more about the game on the app store page:
https://apps.apple.com/us/app/artesnaut … 1542510060

description from the appstore:
Experience a deep story of adventure with characters YOU create! Select from myriad jobs, races, and skills to build your perfect party!

A hack & slash idle RPG in a captivating fantasy world! Build a party of unique characters and conquer dungeons! Progress even when you can’t play! Start a quest and return later to reap the rewards and make the most of your time!

With classic, text-based gameplay, complete dungeons and unlock the next page of your epic adventure in Artesnaut!

Four Key Features
- Unique “Epithet” system gives characters their own unique personalities!
One of Artesnaut’s most standout features is its flexible character creation. Create a character by choosing a job and race, then create their epithet by selecting various adjectives (Blazing, Righteous, Fearless, etc.) and nouns (Contender, Alchemist, Executioner, etc.) to gain stat bonuses! Make a brutal attacker, hearty guardian, savvy treasure hunter, or whatever you want, then pit your perfect party against perilous dungeons!

- Diverse, intertwined narrative that captivated 93% of Japanese players!
New pages of Artesnaut’s story unfold as you progress through dungeons, then read those stories to unlock new dungeons
Main Story chapters chronicle the protagonists’ adventures, and interwoven Side Story chapters provide intriguing new perspectives to enrich the world. We hope you find yourself deeply immersed in Artesnaut’s authentic medieval fantasy world!

- A text-based, idle RPG! Dungeoneer during your downtime!
Exploration and battles occur automatically, and characters return after a set time. Watch events unfold in real-time, or see how your party fared afterward. Did your brave adventurers return with rare loot, or did the dungeon’s perils get the better of them?
Forge equipment, earn experience, and learn uncanny skills to grow your favorite characters as they venture into ever-deeper dungeons, teeming with evermore perilous foes! Engrossing character progression that is easy to enjoy!
Randomly generated loot means you can keep questing for the perfect gear! Strengthen and combine equipment to create items as legendary as your adventures.

- Deep lore in every dungeon and piece of loot breathes life into the world of Artesnaut!
Over 600 pieces of equipment, each with their own story to tell! What is it? Why was it made? The answers to these questions take you deeper into the world of Artesnaut! Each dungeon is packed with lore as well, tying together the intricate narrative. Delving into dungeons may reveal short passages related to their origins. What you learn may give clues to help you on your adventure, or offer more context to characters’ stories.
We present to you a vast, detailed world, rife with text to discover and enjoy!

If you have more questions about this I will try to answer them, and maybe we can figure out some workarounds for inaccessible screens. Maybe there is also a way to contact the dev about this.

2022-11-16 06:21:42

I actually really like this game, surprising because I don’t really like auto battling games. I prefer to have more control over my characters. It certainly has potential.

2022-11-16 21:00:05

I hope we'll eventually be able to move party members as this way you could put damage dealers near the front etc.

2024-03-24 15:44:57

Just reviving this to announce the maximum level has been unlocked and all content has been made available to experience

Sentinel, out.
Contact me via telegram at t.me/velanGL, or through discord as azuremist. Do not pm me without informing me somewhere I need to read them as I do not check them and can't read the email this account is attached to

2024-03-24 17:03:57

How's the accessibility in this one currently? Has the issue with equipping and moving party members been fixed?

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2024-03-24 18:46:11

are there any improvements on the accessibility front?  if not, have you found any work arounds?  this sounds like something I'd enjoy as I love diablo style random loot.

2024-03-24 19:06:32

I haven't played it for a while now, but from what i can see almost every button is now labeled. need to get into it again because the 4th chapter is out now it seems.

2024-03-24 22:54:32

Is this game fully accessible now? It sounded really interesting.

2024-03-25 07:14:29

Had a quick look at this one.
The story sequences look great, but I have no idea how the party screen is supposed to work, how to modify your characters or even view their stats, and I can tell this one is going to get complicated with the randomness pretty quickly.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2024-03-25 10:44:25

i forgot about the party screen. this one isn't usable unfortunately. if i knew how it works i could maybe send the devs feedback, but the game is in jaanese and i don't know if something like google translate could get the message correctly through...

2024-04-01 07:58:55

Hoping there's a way to contact thde devs. This seems promising except for the party screen.

2024-04-02 18:05:37

Hey everyone,

Artesnaut is actually completely accessible, although it can be a little tricky to figure out at first.

A party can actually be assembled by tapping on the character you want in the party, and then tapping the plus sign in the party row you want. For example, if you wanted to add a character to party 2, you'd find the plus sign under party 2. You can do the same to remove characters, tap the character in the party you want to remove from, then tap the plus below the part that says unset.

Equipping is done on the expedition screen, which is also where you can see your character's stats and such. For some reason there doesn't appear to be a way to manage or view characters that aren't in a party, or maybe I just haven't found it yet. The process is completely accessible with VoiceOver though. If you tap a character on the expedition screen it brings up a tabbed interface to manage stats, equipment and skills and everything works, including sorting and filtering.

I think people are running into problems because the game interface is complex and things aren't always in obvious places, but I encourage those who are into this type of game to give it another try. It's one of the more fun idle RPGs I've played for sure. Happy to help where I can.

2024-04-03 10:05:39

I'll give it another try.

2024-04-03 10:30:19

Out of interest, would you mind describing how to go about adding a character to the specific row you want? For example having my wizards in the back.  I was able to add people once, but I wasn’t sure how exactly to do it.

2024-04-03 11:01:29 (edited by BlindIdler 2024-04-03 11:03:22)

Hi,

As far as I can tell, the front row is the left three characters and the back row is the other two.
So if you add your characters to the party in the order you want by using the plus signs as I described above, that works. If you need to rearrange them you can tap a character and then tap the one you want to switch places with.
When I checked the wiki I didn't see anything about formations or rows, so I'm pretty sure this is right as the game talks about distance being a factor in battles, I assume it's distance from the left.
I do remember the tutorial talking about it briefly, but that was the only time it was mentioned and I never see anything about it in the dungeon logs.
HTH!

2024-04-03 11:29:27

Thank you, I think I’m starting to get it now.
Any idea what the space and cop buttons do?  I think I’ll really enjoy this once I get into it

2024-04-03 14:21:20

The space button appears to be a stat tracker for different boosts that breaks down all the boosts to drops, modifiers etc that your party has by category.
The cog button is going to be very useful for you. This is where you find the menu to change dungeon difficulty and other party-wide settings, including a quic-equip function if you don't feel like sorting all the items out. I don't know good that button is though, as I've only used it once.
One setting you may find particularly useful once you have multiple parties is the overwrite to other party button. This can be invaluable for collecting items in a dungeon or just quickly getting your parties all up and running on an expedition if you're crunched for time. I use it a lot for clearing dungeons I've already cleared on lower difficulties or for collecting words of the ancestors quickly.
Speaking of which, the arts tab. I have no idea why it's called arts, but it's actually where a huge amount of information is contained. It's essentially the help tab and the collection tracker tab all in one. I thought at first it was for character illustrations, lol, so I didn't check it for a while.

2024-04-03 14:50:14

slight spoiler ahead!!!

"artes" is the name of the book and te wizard contained in it. this gets explained in the story.

2024-04-04 14:31:03

The skills tab when editing a party member has a bug where only the skill name is read, the long description of what the skill does isn't.

I'm now at chapter 1, page 13 and am bored to tears. I've not had to do anything besides wait and choose the auto equip option whenever I get new equipment. The areas are not a challenge for my party, and this gameplay loop has not changed in the past 2 days since I started trying it.

Is there more to this game, or is it just meant to give you the satisfaction of seeing numbers go up periodically without any input from the player?

2024-04-06 20:37:51

Hello all,

If you tap on the skill it brings up a description of the skill. It doesn't read the description from the basic skills menu. To toggle a skill on and off, there's a button after the skill name.
The game has various unlockable difficulty settings, but at the end of the day it is an idler narrative. So if you don't enjoy idle games it is probably not your cup of tea.
Hope that helps.