2023-04-15 22:29:32

@novus_operandi, congrats on the update.
Will have to give this one a try as well.

I still wish there were some more payment alternatives myself, but hay.

@Defender, bare in mind you can repair literally anything in your citadel, indeed once followers devotion is high enough, you can even alter their age, after all, people can go from death's door to fighting fit just by hanging around there.

From the way the game descriptions work, I gather that age is at best, only a measure of facial age, not of a follower's musculature, or indeed other bodily attributes.

Some lore clarifying this might be good though, especially when it comes to which factors if any show a follower's age after she's been around the citadel for a while.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2023-05-02 01:51:32

Greetings, one and all!

Version 0.3.6 of Sanctuary in Time is now available! We've got a bunch of cool new stuff for this update, including a new type of event (Boon event) w/ multiple variations, an overhaul to the visual interface of the game, refinements to the dating activity, and more.

This also marks the release of the Complete Edition of the game which can now be purchased from the Itch store page and contains all content previously reserved for the monthly Patron Editions. (A free demo version is also still available.) The Complete Edition is available for a one-time purchase and is currently 15% off for a limited time!

Read full changelog here.

Dive in & check it out!
Max (Novus Operandi)

2023-05-02 10:46:48

@novus_operandi, awesome job on the new release, and thanks especially for releasing the full version on Itch.io, it'll be great to play not just the new additions with boons and relationships, but also get to see both the post ending content, and how relationships with followers progress into marriage as well.

I've bought the game and look forward to playing through it.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2023-05-02 15:11:14

Okay I've now played far enough that I've finished the end game events.

I like the new marriage and courtship system, and the various activities you can undertake with your girlfriends or wives, and how it expands the romantic options.

I look forward to seeing this expanded to lovemaking choices as well, since it would be really nice to alter relations slightly, EG who initiates what and when, for example, nurturing followers might want to sleep with you and suggest more traditional positions, whereas seductive followers might like a lot of foreplay.

the boons I saw are fun as well and provide handy bonuses.

As the game now has a full version, it might be nice to have some long term things to plan fore, especially with how much silver you get later on in the game when you've got a number of knights or courtesans' working for you, indeed having finished the game story, I'm a wee bit disappointed not to have run into any post game events yet (currently around week 100 I think), since having to plan for and defend your citadel makes a really nice contrast to the romantic and erotic options.

I also wonder about naïve or shy followers, and what sort of status they have, and when more medical options will be entering the game.
Indeed, while I like the relationship system in terms of theme, it would be nice to see some more gameplay and strategic options, since currently the game is feeling a little too easy in terms of strategy and balancing, though obviously as more things change, EG allowing clothing choices to increase a follower's performance, that will hopefully improve.

I like the historical events, indeed it was sort of amusing to end up married to Mata Hari, so more of these would definitely be fun, as well as give the time travelling theme a workout.

speaking of the time travel, one thing I find a little strange, is that in events where the follower is being threatened, they are always described as "fighting to their last breath", or "remaining defiant", no matter what their personality.

obviously, confident, or  reserved followers might react that way, but I would've thought seductive followers would be trying to bargain for their lives, nurturing followers worrying about their families left behind, while shy or naïve followers would likely just go to pieces.

Again, while  obviously dwelling on the mistreatment of the followers you rescue isn't nice, it's always good to feel your the hero, and sometimes that means rescuing damsels in distress!

I'll look forward to seeing where this one goes.

2023-05-02 16:20:59

Congratulations on the release!  This is a nice update as well.  I just bought the game and I'm looking forward to trying all the new features! smile

2023-05-02 16:30:42

I'm definitely going to buy this tomorrow smile

Hail, Daughter of Hatred. Creator of Sanctuary. Hail...Lilith.

2023-05-03 05:46:28

Dark wrote:

...I'm a wee bit disappointed not to have run into any post game events yet (currently around week 100 I think), since having to plan for and defend your citadel makes a really nice contrast to the romantic and erotic options.

Hello, Dark. Thank you for the purchase, and thank you also for the feedback. It's always very much appreciated. As for post-game events, they will kick-in. It just takes a little time. The game gives you a slight breather (about 20 turns, give or take) between the end of the main story and the start of the end-game event cycle.

2023-05-03 05:48:30

defender wrote:

Congratulations on the release!  This is a nice update as well.  I just bought the game and I'm looking forward to trying all the new features! smile

Thank you, defender. I appreciate it!

2023-05-05 12:07:29

Hi guys, I have a probably silly question.
To play on two different computers do I have to buy the game twice or can I use the same file?

2023-05-05 12:19:20

@59, download the game from itch.io

2023-05-05 17:36:35

GoranSSJ2 wrote:

To play on two different computers do I have to buy the game twice or can I use the same file?

Hello, GoranSSJ2. Thanks for checking out the game. There's no DRM on this title, so you can copy and paste the files to more than one system.

2023-05-07 22:50:54

novus_operandi wrote:
GoranSSJ2 wrote:

Hello, GoranSSJ2. Thanks for checking out the game. There's no DRM on this title, so you can copy and paste the files to more than one system.

Thank you for your answer!

2023-05-19 03:44:54

Hi.

Great game! I love the concept. As a history major myself, this concept apeals to me a lot. I do have a question. I have finished the game, and made it to about week 89 or so. For some reason, when I go to advance to the next week, the game displays nothing, but it only allows me to open the options menu. I did buy the complete addition, and I was under the asumption that you were able to play after you finish the main story. Is this a bug or is this intended. It's a real shame, I really liked my relationship with the hand crafted historical figures, and didn't quite get a chance to bed them yet.
A minor suggestion.
Have you considered looking up more historical figures, particularly ones from asia? also consider putting a slight bit more ethnic backgrounds, regions of asia come to mind in particular, not just China. And one more minor thing. I found that throughout the game, my silver amount was far, far more than my energy generation and storage. My suggestion would be to perhaps implement a way to convert silver into energy and vice versa.

Thanks

fantasy world creationist

2023-05-19 12:23:15

@Silent silk, I second the idea of more historical ladies in the game, and  indeed more historical backgrounds, as I said in post 30.

However, bare in mind that Mata Hari and Joan of arc have only been added to the game recently, so hopefully Novus has more in the works.

Indeed, just the other day I heard about another historical queen who sounds all sorts of awesome, queen of the kingdom of  Kush (modern day Sudan),

The Kandake Amanirenas, a genuine warrior queen with a fascinating story, see This video .

While the video concerns the recent Netflicks cleopatra documentary, and many of the historical inaccuracies and assumptions by the producers of that series, instead of just bashing the series, the video creator instead reveals the real and very fascinating story of an African warrior queen who defied the romans! ()I loved the bit with the statue of emperor Augustus).

She would also be a great fit for sanctuary in time as well imho, since she sounds absolutely nails, and is someone I'd genuinely not heard of until I saw this video either.

2023-05-19 21:34:25

Yes. I've heard of her before. She was relatively obscure before, until recently. here's to hoping we have asian historical figures, though I may be a bit bias, since my degree is on asian history and asian studies. `

fantasy world creationist

2023-05-21 07:03:34

silent silk wrote:

I have finished the game, and made it to about week 89 or so. For some reason, when I go to advance to the next week, the game displays nothing, but it only allows me to open the options menu. I did buy the complete addition, and I was under the asumption that you were able to play after you finish the main story. Is this a bug or is this intended.

Hello, silent silk. Thanks for playing and thank you also for the kind words. I'm glad you've been enjoying the game. Unfortunately, it sounds like you've encountered a bug. I apologize for that. In the Complete Edition, you should be able to play for an infinite number of turns, so if something is preventing that, it's not intentional.

If you can, drop me a line at max DOT ingram AT novusoperandigames DOT com, and I'll do my best to troubleshoot the issue. Thanks.

2023-06-02 17:29:11

Greetings, one and all!

Version 0.3.7 of Sanctuary in Time is now available! This is a smaller update, but a good one, with new options for managing relationships, coaching improvements, new cosmetics, and more.

The Complete Edition of the game is also currently available for a 15% discount!

Read full changelog here.

Dive in & check it out!
Max (Novus Operandi)

2023-06-02 18:04:36

@novus_operandi
Nice update, and thanks for the sale!

2023-06-02 22:01:12 (edited by Caccio72 2023-06-03 14:24:16)

Hello, Sanctuary in time is just great, plus it is totally screen reader accessible, so I got addicted to it after playing it only for a day, lol!

I would still have 2 suggestions regarding it:

Suggestion 1:

Please add an option to rename our teammates, aka the women we rescue and recruit, it would make us identify, distinguish, and remember them much easier. (this will become more important with larger number of women in our sanctuary)

Suggestion 2:

I often have a hard time when I have only 1 more rooms than teammates, for rescuing/recruiting one more would fill all the rooms totally, without the possibility to swap women's locations with eachother, so I must wait till I build at least 2 more rooms than the number of my current women. For example without no empty room remained, I cannot move a freshly rescued, still poor health/morale member from citadel hall to infirmary, to be healed by my medic(s), or vice versa, I cannot move an already healed patient from infirmary to citadel hall to asign her a task/duty there. So please just add a swap option for our teammates, to be able to swap them with eachother in such cases, avoiding the annoying, embarressing situation it causes.

P.S.:

Oh and also remembered, is it just the free version, or anal penetration was totally left out from the game?

Cheers, and thanks for this fantastic game again!

2023-06-03 07:17:59

@novus_operandi, nice update, I'll be interested to see those new coaching options, I also appreciate the cosmetic figure changes too.

2023-06-03 09:58:55 (edited by Caccio72 2023-06-04 19:58:40)

Just purchased the full, complete game, really curious how it will look like, for example wether I will be able to import my saved game files from the free version, and continue playing them, but even if not, a fresh restart with no main story, and all those cheating options are definitely worth it...

smile

Oh yeah, it was indeed definitely worth it, many thanks for this genius game again!

Normally I am playing the infinite, no main story mode, with only the random npc generator selected, and am doing very well.

Would have an additional appeal for the next version though, along with those 2 suggestions in my previous post, regarding the couching report at the end of the turn:
All those long couching event descriptions are fine, but at the end of turn I am usually keen to read the result summaries, having to listen to that long text before it is revealed annoys me pretty much, so can you add an option, or a possibility to hear only the result/outcome of the couching, without those long descriptions please, just like how it works for all other (summarized) end of turn reports?

Oh and also about couching, it would be good if member's current level of dislike would be shown for each listed duty, so we can decide easier who to start coaching, and for what.
(currently we find out this info in end of turn summary only, and with many members, it is extremely hard to remember each duty dislike level for each single member.

2023-06-05 03:22:25

Thank you for the kind words, everyone. I'm glad you're all enjoying the game and its latest update.

@Caccio72.
1.) Yes, your save files from the Free Edition can be brought over to the Complete Edition. The full instructions for doing so can be found on the game's store page, as part of the installation instructions. But long story, short: copy the SAVES folder from the previous version of the game and paste it into the installation folder for the new version. They should then be accessible.

2.) Neither the Free or Complete Editions of the game feature anal penetration at this time. And while I won't rule it out entirely, it's probably not going to be added.

Thank you for your feedback and ideas. You've got some good suggestions! I'm glad you're enjoying Sanctuary in Time.

2023-06-05 08:04:41

I can't say Anal is a particular desire of mine, but one thing I do like about the game which I'd very much like to see expanded, is the actions a player can take to initiate his partner's pleasure.

I would like to see more caress and forplay options, fingertips, hands, back, kissing of different body parts etc, as well as the player giving aural, especially those involved with bringing a partner to climax, as well as for actions not to be always initiated by you.

One of the things which mildly irritates me about several erotic games I've played, is that they're exclusively tied to the "dom", and "sub" distinction, whereby one partner is always more active, and always gains pleasure through their actions upon another, which frankly I find less  interesting, or indeed erotic.

As I said in post 24,  Alex comfort in the joy of sex talks about "instrument", and "player", rolls which can switch in the same session, and rolls in which the responsibility of the "instrument", in their responses is just as important to the hole thing, as the actions of the player.

For the game purposes, I'd like to see more caress actions bent on the lady's pleasure and responses, as well as have partners initiate actions occasionally.

Indeed, it would be nice to tie a lot of this to partner personalities, for example, seductive partners might initiate a lot of complex foreplay, nurturing partners might focus far more on the player's pleasure, where as reserved partners might be more of the clean, quick, get to business type, and more likely to move things on more quickly, while shy partners might be slow to initiate, but find that they quite enjoy a player treating them gently and focusing upon them.

2023-06-05 11:16:15 (edited by Caccio72 2023-06-05 12:02:15)

Many thanks Max, I figured out right after purchasing the full game, that I can indeed continue my saved games in full version by simply moving them to the game's folder, but since they were in story mode, so not infinite, I still restarted the game right away, to be able to play it for much, much longer, I only regret I added the npc generator to it too, (along with main story disabled), for it seems to be way too easy playing with it, whenever I need a new addition to my team I just generate one I like enough, at the last combat event I already had like 107% chance of success, with 13-14 strength/persuasion...

(round game-day 60 when writing this btw)

Oh, have a question regarding all those clothes in the game:

Of course I noticed they are mentioned in some action and event descriptions, but do they actually influence the efficiency of the women's performance, or serve for sheer esthetic reasons only?

(to know wether  to try to buy the most expensive ones, or the most suitable ones for each team member's role and attributes)

2023-06-05 12:04:10

@Caccio72,  I don't remember anything about "story mode", or "infinite mode", it's just that if you have the full version, when the story finishes the game will procedurally generate new opponents and events, whereas in the demo version, the game ends after the story does.

Can't speak for the random npc generator, since I tend to prefer to try and work with what npcs I find, especially good now that coaching is in the game, though I hope we have more positions and events to deal with to train our followers for in the future.