2022-04-27 21:44:36

@alisson, are you blind? Do you want to add ideas regarding accessibility for the game? I will see if i can get you into the group, cannot make any promises.

2022-04-27 21:51:32

@Computergamer yes, I'm 100% blind. and yes, I want to help as much I can to give some ideas. I'm not an accesibility consultant my self, but I participated and helped guide dev on the private beta for the battlegrounds mode in hearthstone along few more people, before the oficial launch

Sorry for my english

2022-04-27 22:09:26

@alisson, i am glad you want to help, but unfortunately we have already enough members for the group already. So no new members, sorry. If you still want to help out, i suggest you send a dm to MelonSpeedruns. He is the one who is leading the project.

2022-04-27 22:56:37

@alisson check your DM's

My discord: the_real_amethyst
Join my accessible Pokémon discord server

2022-04-28 00:31:42

@gamulation, oh, did you send alisson to the right place?

2022-04-28 00:40:03

Why make this private when this is an open source project? I just don’t get it.

2022-04-28 01:13:58

Really yes, I don't know why they want to keep everything private and secret.

2022-04-28 01:25:50

Probably because I imagine the state they're in right now is still a pretty barebones one and they don't want to be dealing with hundreds of impatient people or field needless questions for things that aren't even ready yet.

2022-04-28 01:32:01

according to gamulation, alot was actually ready

i am a system, i have headmates, and that is my life, and my discord is rings2006wilson#8609

2022-04-28 02:11:18

They specifically said "progress is going well". That doesn't necessarily mean it's in any real playable state yet. smile
I'm sure it'll be worth the wait.

2022-04-28 02:22:55

@Gamulation replied to your pm

Sorry for my english

2022-04-28 03:42:40

I'll go a step further here, actually.

Gamers have different skill levels, and this project is going to be absolutely huge. Frankly, a team like this needs to be made up primarily of people who know what they're doing.
I'm not speaking on behalf of this team, nor of its specific choices of who is and is not allowed in right now. That said, there has to be a line drawn somewhere. Seventy testers are not necessarily better than seven testers; in fact, they may be much, much worse, depending on the stage of development that has been reached.

I would have loved to have been involved with this project. I can't code, but I know Ocarina of Time fairly well and have a decent track record as a beta tester. But for now, that's not on the table, and that's okay.

My advice: be patient, and wait for more news to arrive. If this pans out, it will be well worth the wait.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

2022-04-28 04:51:21 (edited by mazen 2022-04-28 04:52:18)

That’s not really what I’ve meant at all. I’m just saying since they’re forking an open source project, you’d expect them to develop it a bit more openly, not to be secret about everything. That way they can get a lot of feedback.

2022-04-28 05:58:42

Right. And what I'm saying is that too many cooks can spoil the broth. Open source and open season are two very, very different things. Most of the original work is going to be code-based, I suspect. Once it becomes stable-ish and workable, that's probably when you will see things open up. Again, not speaking for the team here, but that sort of approach would be consistent with what I've seen in the past on other projects.

2022-04-28 15:00:04 (edited by cj89 2022-04-28 15:10:33)

@Jayde said it better than I did. I too have knowledge of the game, all be it a little rusty. Doesn't mean I'll be a ton of help from a gameplay perspective. I've never really sat down with a controller and played round with things myself, there are people who have round here and they seem to be the ones involved with the project. I'm sure we'll have our chance to provide our own feedback once we start playing it.
Also while I think of it, I'm sure there's someone out there who might enjoy this, I certainly do.
The soundtrack of Ocarina of Time, but it's a prog rock concept album:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDH3g6rRjM8&t=8s

2022-04-28 16:29:10

I've listened to that, and it's fucking amazing. Well, I thought it was, anyway. Carries on a little bit in places, but it's extremely well put together in most respects.

2022-04-28 17:08:14

Yeah I totally agree. Would absolutely recommend checking out other stuff on that channel if you haven't, everything I've heard has definitely not disappointed. This is easily the biggest project though. I'm also a bit of a prog fan so totally not at all biased. tongue

2022-04-30 01:54:21

Part of the reason for the embargo is because they plan to publish a video detailing all of the accessibility features that are being worked on. They really are working very hard on this, and they want to be the ones to receive the publicity/ credit for it, which I think is perfectly understandable and fair.
Before the embargo was imposed, I was able to do a livestream where I showed off what was already implemented. This version was not in a playable state, but I was able to make a bit of progress with the incomplete implementation.
Since there is now an embargo in effect I won't be doing any more streams until it's lifted, but since I did the stream and it's already public I don't see any harm in dropping it here.
Please don't try to join the group or re-post the stream anywhere. It will remain on Twitch until the VOD expires, and I'll upload it to Youtube sometime in the future when the embargo is lifted.
The link for now is:
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1463258725

Official server host for vgstorm.com and developer of the Manamon 2 netplay server.
PSA: sending unsolicited PMs or emails to people you don't know asking them to buy you stuff is disrespectful. You'll just be ignored, so don't waste your time.

2022-05-01 10:58:21

Hay Trajectory.
Thanks for making that video.
I do really like the beeping sound when text is being written out.
It was a bit jarring at first, but being able to know when the game is done writing out text is a good choice.
And yes, I do know about the little harp sound that plays when a character is done talking or the current diologue box is done at any rate.
But the times when it doesn't make that sound, the player can still keep pressing A and nothing will happen until the text is done.
I ran across that problem when attempting to use your guide to play the game on my WII.
I can't wait until this mod gets released.
Also, I'm sending you a pm shortly.
Later!

2022-05-02 20:18:19

I personally wasn't a huge fan of the text sound either, which I know was something that was mentioned in the stream. I did also find the aiming camera noise really jarring, but I understand this is obviously still very early stuff and all that is subject to change.

2022-05-03 01:25:37

I do understand why people might find the sound jarring, but it needs to be there, just lowered in volume a bit.
You see, in older games that used text as the delivery method for story telling, the way the text is written to the screen says a lot about how the speaker is, well, speaking.
Punctuation doesn't always appear to indicate pauses.
When a character is hesitant or nervous, they write there text out with long brakes, or slower.
When a character talks faster, the text will write out that way.
Maybe a toggle could be implemented so players could turn the sound on or off?
Later!

2022-05-15 01:48:42

Hi all! I have a update for you. So this friday, may 13th, there was a direct for ship of harkinian, which is the name for the pc port of ocarina of time, and during the direct, they gave the first look at the accessibility features. So now it is public and i am now allowed to tell you more. So what features are there currently? Well, all text in the game, which include menu items and dialogue and file select menu will be read using tts. There will be wall sounds indicating where walls are. You also have ledge sounds which tells you if you are heading towards a ledge or gap to jump or fall off. There are sounds for aiming which helps you find targets to shoot. We also have a sound that indicate if things are under you while swimming. Your fairy partner Navi tells you when you are in front of things to interact with like doors, chests and crawlspaces. We also has a object viewer which lets yo know what object are around you. This is done by pressing cup button and turning around. Tts will read all objects around you. When you pause the game, tts will tell you your current amount of rupees, hearts and magic by pressing the dpad down, up and left. Those are the features so far. There will be more features added further ahead like knowing where climable walls are, knowing where lit and unlit torches are, knowing if you are in shallow or deep water, if you are walking on flat surface or going up slopes and much more. Keep in mind that we who are working on this are in early stages. Once all features are done, they will be implemented in the main release and you will get access to them as a setting in a configuration file called cvar. That is all the details i can think of. Thanks for your patience.

2022-05-15 02:42:23

Hello, may I get a link to download this from

2022-05-15 03:13:54 (edited by azure 2022-05-15 03:14:44)

man, this is a very  wonderful

meet the eternal legend, accessibility group for games and applications in Brazil. main group to bring accessible games to the blind.
official website    
our discord server
youtube channel

2022-05-15 03:14:47

@73, there is no thing to download i am afraid. You could download the soh, but the accessibility features has not been implemented yet. All i can provide is a early test version i have.