2022-03-27 00:42:18

https://rage-productions.com/games/scaffold-22/

Cyberpunk RPG with many features not seen in most twine RPGS.
Explore Scaffold-22, a huge space station.
Play as a mercenary, choose from at least three different combat styles. Combat is quite descriptive.
Tasks to complete, much like quests, fit seamlessly into the storyline.
Complete with music and some sound effects.
PDA acts as the game's menu system, containing a messaging system, a codex of all of the game's lore which can also be accessed by clicking links in the game's story section, and also keeps track of the player's statistics.
Probably more I haven't encountered yet.
Enjoy.

2022-03-27 03:05:02

I can't seem to download this for offline use, does anyone know how to?

Though our eyes may fail, our ears prevail!
User Karma, every little helps

2022-03-27 03:44:27

Hey, looks quite good in my opinion, I love that there is quite a bunch of lore about the different factions which can directly accessed within the normal description.
I wonder though if your clothing really has an impact on how certain people will react to you or if this was just a general thing that doesn't hold any importance.

Greetings Moritz.

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

2022-03-27 08:57:22 (edited by Luel 2022-03-27 09:27:18)

Spoilery question for the beginning of the game.
Does anyone know how to solve the security code?
I would prefere to do that if possible.
Or is it something the player character is unable to do at this point?
Nevermind, answered my own question.
The answer was easier than I thought.

2022-03-27 09:29:50 (edited by bashue 2022-04-11 01:28:33)

Hay TheBlindSaiyan. There's no way to download the game even by saving the html file. I had to download it using wintrack. Here's a sync link for you to download it. If there are any problems downloading it, please let me know. Luel, this is my first time playing through it but if I find any solutions in game then I'll let you know unless someone else beats me to it.

2022-03-27 09:37:01

Hay bladestorm, Welcome back to the forum.

I'll be interested to give this a try.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2022-03-27 10:36:31

Does I can download this game and how? I only saw a option on site to play online

2022-03-27 13:14:38

I kind of like this, even iff I really don't want to spend hours on a tram to meet up with someone.

See the opening is good. I like the survey but I'm a bit confused why I'd go for a pistol or blade over a carbine. Give me a good carbine and stopping power any day, really...

Also yeah. Hint for the puzzle? I see the bytes and tried that but no luck. I'm also of the mind to spare innocent people. I'm here to do a job, do that, go home, no need to kill innocent people unless they start in on me however.

Warning: Grumpy post above
Also on Linux natively

Jace's EA PGA Tour guide for blind golfers

2022-03-27 14:19:46

I'd like a hint to I thought I got it but no matter how I enter it it doesn't work

2022-03-27 15:25:00 (edited by JaceK 2022-03-27 15:53:10)

I'm being lawful good. Which is a hilariously awesome thing. Borrow a jacket or bit of armor? Put it back where I found it or get my own.

Except that rifle at the start, however. I still want to know what the difference is if I pick carbine, pistol or blade in the survey or what happens if I skip it. See I get I have my main and two backup weapons. But in the first combat I only ever had the scattershot to use...I'm assuming it's that a pistol/knife is more concealable than a big rifle sorta thing?

I mean. I'm not getting my head around the implants/tech yet

EDIT: Holy shit I'm not thinking that door puzzle throughhh. it's so freaking obvious. Duh. Pay attention to the pattern is all I'm saying. There's a pattern there and once you noticce it solving it'll be easy

Also screw lawful good. I need creds to survive. I'll take that cred chip and use it. Nobody's there to tell me I can't. And I am keeping that carbine thanks...

Also on Linux natively

2022-03-27 16:16:44

Finally got it turns out I was right, but for some reason I had to enter it several times over and over to get it to actually take. sometimes what I entered didn't show up in the invalid code screen.

2022-03-27 16:43:43 (edited by bashue 2022-03-27 16:44:41)

Ah glad people got it. Here's a spoiler hint. Beginning of spoiler hint. You already have 3 out of 5 numbers displayed and a letter of a number in the pattern. Don't try to input letters either. End of spoiler hint. Also, for those who want to download the game, my link should work.

2022-03-27 16:56:46

Is it worth downloading the game though? I mean I wouldn't be oppose to it actually if they wanted to go that route. I'm seriously digging the atmosphere, but now I got a new quandry.

Where would I get more ammo for my rifle I picked up in the utility closet? I mean. someone left a rifle and scattershot carts. I kinda want to get more ammo to defend myself.

I've worked out where the fashion stuff is. I know where my apartment is.

I just, y'know, dunno where to get ammo. I've not explored all the levels of the station yet though. Kinda seeing where the whole meeting goes for now

Also on Linux natively

2022-03-27 16:59:05 (edited by Luel 2022-03-27 17:00:35)

Go to Level 29 Bazar for the ammo.
For the puzzle, I just typed the numbers in the order they were presented, adding what I thought was missing and it worked.
How do you check things where the game tells your character is lawful good?

2022-03-27 17:02:32

Oh B29. Didn't check there. Okay I ran into something that's a bit obtuse. My apartment, I can't easily check if I got or stored my weapons can I?

I mean. Street clothes, toting around a huge rifle and a pistol and a knife. Good job, me

Also on Linux natively

2022-03-27 17:23:03

Yeah that's a difficulty spike. Don't go asking the guy in the bazaar about odd jobs.

Remind me if street clothes are armor or not. I just keep getting shredded. And I need something to punch through shields...Y

Also on Linux natively

2022-03-27 17:29:07 (edited by defender 2022-03-27 17:29:31)

Yeah this is a really neat game from an atmospheric point of view, if not exactly super original, and I like the music and sounds, but the large amount of spelling mistakes is really distracting and there are places where you find unlabeled links with no nearby text labels.

2022-03-27 17:38:34 (edited by JaceK 2022-03-27 17:39:45)

Okay yeah.

Anyone got a lead on a gun that can fire the tungsten/conductive bolts? I'm not sure my rifle can do the job and I don't know if the stufff the outpost sells or the guy in the Bazaar sells is any good vs what I got now. Which is the starting weapons. See I can't punch through armor, and i'm too broke to affor weapons right now

EDIT: I've not got that many issues with unlabled links, I love the PDA system though but I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong, or going up against tough stuff without being ready for it. I've fought ratroaches and those things deflected my shots like crazy

Also on Linux natively

2022-03-27 17:41:40

Is there any way of checking how good I am at something, or my stats such as vitality or addiction? When I check it in the PDA menu, it seems to be blank, so I don't know if the readings are actually accessible for the stats.

2022-03-27 17:48:24 (edited by JaceK 2022-03-27 17:55:04)

See I'm torn. I want to go for a coil carbine but I also like having canistr stuff and need bolt firing stuff to get through shields...that's my problem right now. Or

EDIT: @Aaron, not having those issues on Brave atm, I'm trying to find a decent set of armor and something better than a rail that fires all four types of ammo, I got my pistol for 9mm bullet spraying. I'm tempted to see if I can get a carbine that works with a mod kitarmor, armor too...

Also on Linux natively

2022-03-27 18:13:50

@JaceK
The job for the man in the Bazar can be done, without the need for a fight.
Just ask him about the implant first and then check the available perks, or whatever these abilities are.
If you solved the code at the beginning, you should have the required ability.

2022-03-27 18:18:56

What is the PDA meant to say in the vitality section?
It's showing my incum with none due, but when I get to the bit about stats, it just says the stat name with nothing after it, or blank after the list. It reads the income and chrime section correctly.

2022-03-27 18:27:32

Right @21 but I get shreddded no matter what. It just shows up as xxxxxxx for me and I've no idea where to begin with the code...I didn't ask about the perks and wish I did but can't seem to do that now

@Aaron: For me it goes like FAT: Aggro: Cautious and so on however. I'm on about at the top of the page for me

Also on Linux natively

2022-03-27 18:35:46

At the top of the page, it says vital signs OK
In the PDA, My stats currently say
FAT:
TOX:
JOB:
AGGRO:
CAUTIO:
STRESS:

Functions:
etc. So, I think what that's actually doing is showing you a visual representation of each stat. Because the higher your agro the more it will effect other things. I think we might have to contact the developer about that.
Also, I once got a message from the cryo lounge that explained about the different stats, but I don't know how to get that to trigger even with a different browser and playthrough. So I don't actually know when that triggers, even with the survey filled out.

2022-03-27 18:49:29

s
p
o
i
l
e
r
How do I solve the bazar job without a fight? It asks me for a code but it's just a bunch of letter x and dashes, are there any hints?