2022-03-23 19:21:39

Note: This is a copy of the newsletter sent to subscribers. If you'd like to receive our newsletter as soon as it is published, sign up here.

Haunted House Pack2 released, and more great news from 2MB Games.

Hey and welcome to another addition of the 2MB newsletter :-)

Haunted House Pack2 released!

We’ve finished work on pack 2 for haunted house. You can find pack 2 here, and, if you missed them, haunted house here and pack 1 here. Remember that the original Haunted House game is required to play all expansions. Patrons at the $5 tier or higher get all haunted house expansions for free for as long as they remain a member, and patrons at $10 and higher get the original haunted house game free as well. Sign up here for discounts. You can read more on the pack 2 page, or read a brief summary of additions below.

What’s new in Pack 2?

Pack 2 contains two games that add up to make Haunted House have a total of eight games so far. The new games are:

• Halloween Scramble: A sign that says "Happy Halloween" has had its letters scrambled. Can you put them back in order before the clock runs out?

• And Trick or Treat: A larger than normal haunted house game in which you must retrieve candy from a witch’s yard, avoid poisoned candies, ghosts and skeletons, and much more! This game took the majority of our coding time, so this is partially why the pack is smaller than the others.

Haunted House updates on the horizon…

We’ve heard it time and time again – users want trophies, badges, and all other kinds of collectables! So that’s why, in upcoming months, we will be working on trophy support for all, that’s right, all, of the haunted house games released so far. We will also be adding trophies to up and coming haunted house games as well, to make your playing experience that much more enjoyable. Stay tuned, and remember – any suggestions? Games you want to see? Just want to say hi? Write to us!.

From Michael:

I’ve been looking forward to making trophies for Haunted House since we first got a request for it, and I’m so glad we’ll be making that request come true in the next few months. I’ve also been experimenting with other game engines for possible upcoming larger titles we’ve been batting back and forth – the one I’m most interested in currently is love2d, though I’ve been checking out several. Expect to see some integration with parts of our game-kit and love2d when I start working on that experimentation :-).

From Billy:

I’ve been working on audiogame manager some more this month, as well as coding haunted house. I’m half ready half not to make the trophies – I do alot of the audio, so it’ll be a big project for me. It should be fun though! I’ve also been having some quality gaming time, especially now that we got a hero’s call working under wine – it’s been quite fun. See you next time!

Remember, You can find haunted house, pack1 and pack2. And as well, you can get some or all of haunted house for free by signing up to 2mb patron.

Happy gaming,

-Michael and Billy, 2MB Solutions.

P.S. We don't generally review topics after they are posted, so if you'd like to contact us click here.

Michael and Billy, 2MB Solutions.
2MB Games Website
Games, software, and more.

2022-03-24 07:10:01

I love the new games, especially trick-or-treat. I look forward to upcoming games, trophies and other collectables.

2022-03-24 12:16:57

Trick or treat is really cool! I like the ramped up difficulty here, the fact that witches are so damnably unforgiving, though I'm still not entirely sure how to  throw the jackolanterns at enemies.

also, ghosts are really unfair, given that you need to run constantly or get got by the skeletons, indeed, i love how much this feels like one of those old collectemup games back in the commodore 64 days, though perhaps a few more instructions might help here, especially if there's a key i'm missing.

I confess halloween scramble I'm less keen on.
Oh, the game is cool enough, the swapping letters and sounds, and the wonderfully creepy music, but at the moment, with only one word to unscramble, and no scores, no matter how long you take to swap the letters, it feels a little unfinished, indeed the mechanics remind me very much of the BSC Hunter swapping bone pipes, or the pipe 2 blast chamber bomb defusing number sequence, but in both of those cases there was a really stern time limit keeping you on your toes.

either way though, great job on both games, especially trick or treat, though I think trophies and stat tracking will add considerably to this collection, so really looking forward to seeing that in the future.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2022-03-24 21:16:57

Is this available for Mac OS, or only windows?

skype name: techluver
Feel free to add me.

2022-03-24 21:39:29

Yes, Haunted House is available for the Mac. I am also a Mac user.

2022-03-25 18:37:00

Only Windows lol nope. It's for Linux and Mac primarily. big_smile

Devin Prater
My Blog
Follow me