2023-08-16 23:16:21

Please keep in mind as well that if you are using a gmail, there have actually been reports recently that I've heard from a few people, more hearsay though as there has been nothing definitive, that certain emails are just disappearing and not being marked as spam. If this is the case, it's abcerdly annoying. I'm of a mind to believe it however, because when contacting someone recently, I then had to approach another person, to approach that person I initially contacted, who then had to create an entirely separate email address and then contact me through it. It was absolutely bizarre, but it did end up working.
I think there legit might just be a misunderstanding or misplacement here, there must be another way to solve this amicably, and fully. I do not know if it might be worth trying the pm feature. On my end, when I get a pm, I get an email telling me when one has gone through.

2023-08-16 23:37:07

If that is the case, I wouldn't know still because I don't know which e-mail to look for, but that does sound like an issue only a google product could have lol. Probably mispalced, as you said, but yeah. I'm not trying to place the blame on anyone here because in the end, my issue was resolved by looking like an insane maniac, but normally if you have issues, a game publisher just gives an e-mail. Even VG storm, making games way more popular like manamon, manamon2, etc., have a public e-mail you can just, send an e-mail to. I got a response within a few days and the server was down for maitnance for awhile. I love that only one person is making such a popular game from scratch with no little gimic or nistalgia based thing like Manamon was, but I think all sides here could of handled this situation better.

2023-08-17 01:52:37

Wait, so if I release a game, I'm then obliged to give out my email and communicate with people in whatever way they say? No, sorry, but no. I'd set up a method that works well for me and direct people to use that method. Also, there are plenty of businesses who outright say that they'll match your energy when it comes to customer support matters. I see nothing whatsoever wrong with this approach. TSG got snarky first.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2023-08-17 03:56:15 (edited by The Dwarfer 2023-08-17 04:07:03)

@TSG I appreciate your posts that followed. I feel more inclined to go beyond convention and reach out through forum PM. I am not trying to condescend here, but I did take your original post as snarky and as a result didn't want to go the extra effort at the time, something which is often the case when dealing with stuff like this in any industry. That's why for example when I reach out about a program or website's accessibility, I carefully word it and proof read it to insure I don't sound rude or snarky, so they'll want to deal with me rather than shrugging me off as some entitled asshole. I initially replied telling you, "Just use the link at the bottom of this post", to tell you just go ahead and submit another support request through the form. The way it came off to me was, "No, you said respond to an email thread in the post before that, I won't budge unless I find that email thread or get a forum pm from you. Screw the support form!" Which you are right, a developer should respect difficulties or wishes of their customers as best they can, but that came across more as "You will communicate with me in the way *I* say because *I* said so, and even though I used the form last time I'm not going to do it again because I don't wanna."
I do have specific reasons for using the method I do. For my part, it's one place I need to go and check. Everyone who uses the forum has some form of email, and if they don't there's room to leave other preferred contact methods in the (unlimited) edit box for the message. In addition, when a case gets resolved, I move it to a designated folder. This way I can keep track of who I have helped and who I have not with a relatively low tech system, and should the individual have issues again I can see if it is relevant to anything in the history. I can also use these bugs, suggestions, and requests for support or clarification to learn from for future development.
For the customer's part, they can say that they have reached out to the one place I've asked them to. They can be sure that, because there is literally nothing else cluttering this medium, that the only thing which would cause them to go (temporarily) unanswered is another support request whose fix may indirectly benefit them anyway, but regardless they can be sure they'll be answered if I am correctly doing my part. A part which should not include scouring forums in my opinion.
@Jade:
There's a popular saying I'm gonna invoke here.
Take your business elsewhere. I don't want it. As far as I'm concerned, the way you came in with guns blazing and the like and threw your little tantrum at me didn't convince me that I need to change my practices; it convinced me that if I ever work at a fast food restaurant, and I go up front to change with a bunch of icy cold red liquid running down and staining my uniform, you'd be the star of the shit show. Take your entitlement and spend tomorrow on a scavenger hunt for someone who is willing to put up with it. The fresh air will be nice, I'm sure.
I hope you really felt like you stuck it to me good. All I got out of that post is that this is what you needed at the time for some reason. If you're going to lecture someone on proper discourse and professional relation, wear the fuckin' hat you're waving around.

If you have issues with Scramble, please contact support at the link below. I check here at least once a day, so this is the best avenue for submitting your issues and bug reports.
https://stevend.net/scramble/support

2023-10-04 00:22:44 (edited by Riad 2023-10-04 00:24:44)

Hey there,
I wanted to spend some time playing Scramble today but it seems I lost my setup. I visited Steve's website and it gave me a "database error" message aside from game.stevend.net where I can still look at and manage my account. Can anyone provide the setup while the website is fixed?