2022-03-05 06:36:47

Hello all,
Welcome to Scramble, my latest arcade title! Before I give you a description,
First here is the page for Scramble
It has the following info on it already.
Are you ready for fast paced action the likes of which has rarely been seen before? Are you ready for round after addicting round of intense, high speed, and riveting chaos? Are you ready… to Scramble?
Welcome to the latest arcade title from Steven D!
Race against the clock of impending doom to accumulate the highest score possible and leave a legacy of respect by showing up everyone on the scoreboards!
Collect items, avoid high speed cannon balls and lethal flying bricks, and Scramble to grab as many items as you can, all while avoiding a merciless, rapidly expanding pit that threatens to eventually consume everything in its path without yield or consideration!
Fight intense battles for just a few more seconds to beat your high score as the odds stack higher and higher against you! Run, jump, and climb your way to success! These and more are things you’ll be doing, as you climb the ranks in the world of Scramble.
Unlock various game modes to provide new, exciting opportunities to challenge your skills like never before! Show your reflexive, attentive, and strategical prowess by boasting your greatest accomplishments on the scoreboard, complete with detailed statistical logs so everyone can see just how skilled you really are!
Discover tens of badges and achievements for every good thing you do and every mistake you make. Challenge yourself to do better, and keep track of your progress with comprehensive stats systems, and local score listings for each variation!
And finally, if you’re really up for it, unlock the obscure minigame, and prove to us all that you can succeed in diversely hellish environments. This, and more, is what you will get with Scramble, resulting in countless hours of addicting fun!
The game sells for $16.48 US.
I hope you enjoy!

If you have issues with Scramble, please contact support at the link below. I check here at least once a day, so this is the best avenue for submitting your issues and bug reports.
https://stevend.net/scramble/support

2022-03-05 06:39:47

Another great game from Stevo! Keep it up!

2022-03-05 06:42:25

I just want to personally thank Steve for letting me me take part by recording announcements and comments. it was so much fun, and it's cool to be part of such an awesome and addicting game. You all are in for a real treat. Now get out there and kill kill kill. or wait. That's something different.

Much less active on this forum than in the past.

Check out my live streams: http://lerven.me
follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/liamerven

2022-03-05 06:49:48

Just bought the game but already getting this:
Error  dialog  There was an error that prevented this application from continuing to execute. Please send scramble_errors.log, (found in your documents directory) to the developer.
Log follows:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "scramble.pyw", line 24, in <module>
  File "launch.pyx", line 184, in launch.start
  File "functions.py", line 282, in functions.begin
KeyError: 'normal'

2022-03-05 07:12:30

yeah maing I got it there were some things in the process that needed ironed out but like bruh I got it like so ckn hyped breh and da strim still gong on as we speak luuuulz.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2022-03-05 07:13:07

Is there a demo available to play? I would like to get a feel for the game before purchasing.
BTW, When I tried to download the zip file I got a page not found error.

“Get busy living or get busy dying.”
Stephen King

2022-03-05 07:17:32 (edited by The Dwarfer 2022-03-05 07:17:45)

I hope that the apache I uploaded right before this post fixes that

If you have issues with Scramble, please contact support at the link below. I check here at least once a day, so this is the best avenue for submitting your issues and bug reports.

2022-03-05 07:19:56

It did not, I can confirm. I bought it anyway though because i've been waiting for  this game for awhile, and even awhile ago when you let Liam stream it a year ago I wanted it.

2022-03-05 07:20:39

also getting that issue as well. Getting a wordpress page not found error.

Much less active on this forum than in the past.

Check out my live streams: http://lerven.me
follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/liamerven

2022-03-05 07:21:48 (edited by cj89 2022-03-05 08:06:01)

Yeah it most definitely didn't. Here's a version that does until it gets fixed:
Edit: It's since been fixed and I was advised to redownload which also fixed my other issue.
Hopefully you all don't have the same issues I did after buying it, the demo was working fine at first.

2022-03-05 07:25:26

Oh, ok. Let me have a look and report back

2022-03-05 07:26:09

Is it just me or does NVDA output not work.

2022-03-05 07:27:51

@12:
It works, or at least it did for me?

2022-03-05 07:33:40

@12, NVDA output didn't work for me first time, but after relaunching the game it did.

And hmm. Seems the activation server is broken. Not surprising, but I don't think anyone else has reported that just yet? When I try to log into my account on the web site, I get an error 500, and when I try to activate the game, I get this log:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "scramble.pyw", line 24, in <module>
  File "launch.pyx", line 184, in launch.start
  File "functions.py", line 304, in functions.begin
  File "functions.py", line 455, in functions.mainmenu
  File "functions.py", line 583, in functions.regmenu
  File "functions.py", line 2359, in functions.try_register
TypeError: 'HTTPError' object is not subscriptable

Make more of less, that way you won't make less of more!
If you like what you're reading, please give a thumbs-up.

2022-03-05 07:36:03 (edited by TheTrueSwampGamer 2022-03-05 07:36:26)

Mine got activated and everythin set up. Probably cause he's messin with the website. Also, relaunching didn't help. IDK if there is a file I need to delete to reset reset it but...

2022-03-05 08:09:50

I think if you try and play too many games without closing the game you get a stack overflow.  I think i played aobut  60 games before it broke though.

I like to sleep, Sleep is good,
This is how I do it: Lie on a nice warm cozy bed, and dream dreams about how to rule the world!
Follow @TheGreatAthlon5 on twitter for humorous facts and game updates!
If you like my posts, thumb me up!

2022-03-05 08:18:07

hi all I just downloaded the demo of this game to check out it out.  I unzipped it in put the folder in my games dir.  I ran the scramble.exe file and I keep getting this error:

---------------------------
Launcher Error
There was an error starting the application. Error running the file "scramble\scramble.exe."
OK   

2022-03-05 08:35:03

I bought the game and downloaded the zip as soon as the Scramble page was updated. I had no issues. I found the Tutorial most helpful for getting used to each part of the gameplay and putting them back together. Very well done! I find it odd, but nostalgically cool, that the item sound is Mario jumping...

To the person who asked, if you want to reset the game for whatever reason and you don't want to go through the options menu to do it, you can delete the file called furball.brain located under %AppData%\Roaming\Stevo\Scramble. There's also Reg.Dat, but of course that will only be found if you have logged into an activated account from the Registration menu.

My opinions are my own. I try not to state them as facts and if I'm not sure about something, I do whatever research I can. I feel everyone should consider doing the same.

2022-03-05 08:37:02

Game's working fine over here.

In other news:
Totals

This game lasted 5 minutes and 4 seconds.

Jack managed a total score of 137
Pit and Field

The field expanded 52 squares forward due to powerups.

The pit was expanding at a rate of 4.0 seconds, so that it reached a maximum y position of 104 and consumed all of the field.
Item spawning
In total, 418 items spawned.

391 of these were regular single point items.

12 of these were special bonus point items.

15 of these were powerups.
Scoring
Jack earned a total of 137 points. Here is how they achieved that score.

90 points were earned by collecting ordinary items and powerups. This makes up 65.69% of their total score.

36 points were earned as a result of 8 special bonus items being collected. This is 26.28% of their total score.

Finally, due to their speed in collecting items, they earned an additional 11 points. This is 8.03% of their total score.
Movement

Jack took 1972 steps in total during this game, and jumped 7 times.

They spent 15 seconds with super speed.
structures
Cannons and platforms

5 platforms spawned. 5, or 100.0% of these were consumed by the pit.

5 cannons spawned, and 5 or 100.0% of these broke due to Gods Attention or some other unfortunate and cacophonous calamity.

The cannons shot 6 balls at Jack. They jumped over 6 or 100.0% of them, while an additional 0 or 0% of the balls fired missed completely due to our faulty aiming system. The other 0 or 0% were direct hits.
Rock throwers

Also, a total of 5 rock throwers spawned, and 2 or 40.0% of these broke because... I think they were just too stupid to get out of the way of the pit. Or maybe, God hated them!

The throwers shot 26 rocks at Jack, hitting with 2 of them which is about 7.69% of the time. The other 24 or 92.31% of the rocks missed them because I think that these damn throwers are blind or something. Like can't you guys aim?
Termination
In the end, it was a pit that killed Jack

Beat that!

2022-03-05 09:42:08

I can't get NVDA output to work. Using the screen reader option in the tts selection screen just doesn't work.

2022-03-05 09:48:54

Is anyone still getting the problem I described in post 14?

2022-03-05 10:03:45

@Steven how to contact you the page scramble links to for contacting you is not there

regards
Hannes Fouche
Access gaming my YouTube channel https://youtube.com/channel/UC8CshzvGHEy2eR5L86nMM5A

2022-03-05 10:05:06 (edited by cj89 2022-03-05 10:18:51)

@21:
My game activated fine, honestly try redownloading it, that's what I was suggested to do for my problem I was talking about a few hours ago and it worked fine.

2022-03-05 10:17:55 (edited by musicalman 2022-03-05 10:19:25)

Hmm. I think the problem only occurs on successful log-in. On the web site, if I use wrong username/password, it just yells at me. If I use the correct information though, I get a 500 error. So either something broke on my account, or the server is broken.

The web browser did unexpectedly crash while I was setting up the account, so I don't know if that means my account is broken or what. I do have my Pay pal receipt though, so hopefully that is enough, if worse comes to worst. Hopefully though, it's not as bad as all that.

2022-03-05 11:22:10

I'm guessing so because I don't have any issues logging in.