2022-02-27 03:33:41

I have a friend who is trying to create an account and cannot. They receive an email that has credentials and when they click on the link and enter the credentials on the page, it will not allow them to log in, nor will the client allow them to log in. It seems as if there's a verification step that they are unable to complete.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2022-02-27 04:28:43

Playroom. I havent get on there for years. Is it still drama there?

Hearthstone Tag ID: RobotWizard#1265216

2022-02-27 12:13:14

A few topics below you, somebody had the same problem. Apparently they just retried the process and it worked.

We are pleased, that you made it through the final challenge, where we pretended we were going to murder you. We are throwing a party in honor of your tremendous success. Place the device on the ground, then lay on your stomach with your arms at your sides. A party associate will arrive shortly to collect you for your party. Assume the party submission position or you will miss the party.

2022-02-27 12:20:28

A friend of mine has forgotten their password, can't seem to reset it no matter how much we try.
Something's up for sure, they had the same problem whilst trying to create an account, and it only worked like after having tried at least 4 to 5 times.

Of all sad words of tongue or pen, the saddest are these, ‘It might have been.
Follow me on twitter

2022-02-27 14:24:32

Had the same problem in January, maybe December.

You ain't done nothin' if you ain't been cancelled
_____
I'm working on a playthrough series of the space 4X game Aurora4x. Find it here

2022-02-27 16:57:03

Yeah, unfortunately there's a relatively recent issue with registration emails not arriving on time. Normally, if it was correct, once you click on the validation link, you shouldn't be asked for any credentials, rather a page should open telling you that the validation was successful and that you can start playing. If this didn't happen, the email didn't arrive correctly / on time for some reason, and you should be able to retry with the exact same data.

2022-02-27 17:30:03

I too have the exact problem when creating an account on my main email address. After clicking the verification link it sends me to a login page where I can enter my registration info. I entered it but it didn’t work, also no error message after entering my username and password. I tried creating an account with another email and after clicking the verification link it finally works.

going in to the wilds, collecting pokedex, and capturing them are my kind of thing,
training them, making them evolve, and generally making them stronger is my ultimate goal,
fighting other manamon tamers, winning the tournament, and fighting octoros are what these manamons like to do,
and ultimately, I become the master of mana!

2022-02-27 22:50:53

They've tried twice. Hmm.

End racism
End division
Become united

2022-02-28 03:24:33

If I remember, it said that I was validated and everything, but when I tried logging in it said the credentials are incorrect.

You ain't done nothin' if you ain't been cancelled
_____
I'm working on a playthrough series of the space 4X game Aurora4x. Find it here

2022-02-28 04:21:59

I have the exact same problem. I'e tried creating the account 3 times now, and each time it doesn't work.

#FreeTheCheese
"The most deadly poison of our times is indifference. And this happens, although the praise of God should know no limits. Let us strive, therefore, to praise Him to the greatest extent of our powers." - St. Maximilian Kolbe

2022-02-28 04:45:09

Hello,
since the developer of the Playroom doesn't check this forum that often, I have created a topic on the Playroom forum itself describing the situation. Hopefully a solution will be found so new users can register.
While I personally couldn't reproduce it after just trying to create an account and validating it without issues, it definitely seems to be something that multiple people are encountering.

2022-02-28 17:33:07

Hello again,
a member of the staff team contacted the administrators, and got the following response:
"The problems users are describing could be related to a minor security measure during registration.
In order for a user to successfully register, the following conditions must be met:
1. They must click on the verification link within 15 minutes after the e-mail was received,
2. They must not be connected to any VPN when registering.
3. They must click on the link in the same browser as the one in which they filled in the registration data, the anonymous window is of course treated as a different browser.

So probably the most likely situation that can happen to a normal user is that they fill in their registration information in one browser, then open their email client and from there click on the validation link which opens in a different browser set as default."

I  suggest following up on the Playroom forum, at least for already registered users who have issues getting their friends to sign up. The topic regarding the issue is at https://qcsalon.net/en/forum1000000/topic93593

Hope that helps.

2022-03-01 15:36:06

hi,
for me the playroom is working very smooth.
every thing is working

2022-03-01 15:48:18

They were on a VPN and I had them jump off of it just in case that was the issue. OK I'll follow up with them at some point.

End racism
End division
Become united

2022-03-02 06:28:54

Hello. I have forgotten my user name. I was able to reset password but no way to find out the user name. I have not used this thing in years but want to get back on.

2022-03-02 11:28:11

Isn't the username included in the password reset email?

“If you live each day as if it was your last, someday you’ll most certainly be right.”

2022-03-02 19:02:48

I was able to fix it by signing up through an alternate email. For some reason my outlook email wasn't working; now I know why.

#FreeTheCheese
"The most deadly poison of our times is indifference. And this happens, although the praise of God should know no limits. Let us strive, therefore, to praise Him to the greatest extent of our powers." - St. Maximilian Kolbe

2022-03-02 21:04:48

I’m having a different issue. I had to change my password and now I can’t get in. Also it keeps telling me that I’m off line and I need to connect with the server. I have contacted them several times and no response, so what do I do now?

2022-03-02 21:25:45

Could you paste the exact error? I've never seen an error telling you that you are offline. Can you access the qcsalon.net website at all?
If so, try just resetting your password as long as you still have access to the email you used to create your account.
I'm also not sure when last you tried to connect, from the end of January of 2021, the SSL connection on the Windows client was broken so you had to use the unsecure one, but that has since been fixed with the new V3 update, so if you are using the Windows client make sure you are on the latest version as well and everything should work.

2022-03-02 21:35:35

why do people say drama to the english playroom? If anyone learns Spanish please read the Spanish forum. I never saw so much drama as in that place, not even in audiogames.

2022-03-03 05:45:06

So I changed my password again and I have been waiting on the confirmation email, nothing has come as of yet. What do you do when your user name comes up with a invalid error message but it’s legit and you have had it since your first account? I just wanted to play it again. What’s up with this darn account system? I’m playing through my browser on my iPad.

2022-03-03 06:30:40

So yeah as said a few posts above, you'll  absolutely get your username in the password reset confirmation email. It will say Hello X, where X will be your username. Make sure to also check your spam folder just in case. Other than that, I can't really help further. There could be issues specific to some email providers, using a GMail address I can pretty much consistently reset my password / create accounts / receive emails from Playroom without issues.

2022-03-03 17:19:47

Well can't help either without an exact explanation of what is happening, you seem to contradict your previous post where you said you do have a username and you changed your password already. Now what confirmation email you're waiting on?
Also, what error message do you get exactly? could you paste it here?
If you did not use your account since really long time then it might be deleted automatically due to inactivity, can't judge by how much as the system was supposed to delete them after around 6 months if I am not mistaken, but we definitely do see inconsistency, some accounts stay much longer and some get deleted exactly after the 6 months period. In this case you should be able to create a new account with the same email and username, unless someone has used your old username already, of course.
There's an easy way to check whether an account exists or not by checking its user statistics, however you'll have to be signed in so you can put your username here, pm it or give it to a friend to check for you, whatever you feel comfortable with.
And in my experience, Hotmail usually puts many many website verification emails in the junk folder, to be honest Gmail does much much better in this regards, so if you use a Hotmail account you definitely should check your junk folder.

“If you live each day as if it was your last, someday you’ll most certainly be right.”

2022-03-04 04:34:00

I keep checking my junk mail and nothing has come. How many times do I have to ask for a reset? This will be my 4th time and I don’t know why I haven’t received a message yet?

2022-03-04 05:05:26

Please don't do that. I said to try again, but that doesn't mean try 4 times. Doing that only risks your mail provider marking the Playroom as spam and that negatively affects everyone else using it.
Let's try to establish some things so that people can hopefully help further.
Do you actually remember your username or not? Is it only the case of a forgotten password or you don't know your username and your password?
When you tried to reset your password, did a new page open up saying that an email was indeed sent to you or were you back on the old page asking to enter your email and a new password again? If you were indeed just on the same page asking to input data again, that means that an account with a specified email / username doesn't exist. In that case, as Marina points out above it could have been deleted due to inactivity. I'm not entirely sure if you can create another one with the same email due to a recent new policy, but try that and see what happens.
Alternatively, if you don't mind losing your statistics / friends list, just start over from scratch with a new account. Normally multiple accounts aren't allowed, but you won't be using the old one and don't have access to it, so in that case you aren't technically using multiple accounts. Note that this last one is just my opinion though, I am not the part of the staff and if you do go for this approach, I'd definitely contact someone via the F4 chat and clarify this to avoid getting in trouble later on.