2010-11-20 20:59:12

Hi.

As I said, the chat client in core exiles doesn't work with screen readers anymore.

so, I'm looking for an irc program. 

I've tried M irc, and that seemed to work very well once I got my head around how theinterface works, however the down side is apparently it's a thirty day trial affair. I've had a brief look through the documentation, but cant' determine whether it's "thirty days and then it stops" or "thirty days then advanced features stop"

If the latter, then that might not be a problem.

So, if anyone knows M Irc I'd appreciate advice, ---- or indeed if anyone can recommend a free program which will do the same.

it doesn't afterall have to do anything fancy, just display messages in the core exiles channel on the core exiles server, ---- heck there is! only one channel on their server anyway.

so any thoughts?

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2010-11-21 10:48:51

Hi Dark.
Within regards as to whether MIRC is in fact a 30 day trial, the way it works is that after the 30 days are up, a nag screen will be displayed whenever you launch it. No functionality is removed.
HTH.

2010-11-21 12:03:49

I use webirc, although it has the nasty problem of not notifying me when new messages come in, so if I'm not constantly monitoring the page, I'm likely to miss things.
But if you've got MIrc working, then there'd probably be no need for the web-based version...

看過來!
"If you want utopia but reality gives you Lovecraft, you don't give up, you carve your utopia out of the corpses of dead gods."
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2010-11-21 15:48:01

thanks elliott, it actually displays a nag screen already, so I can't really tell the difference ;d.

I'd rather not use a web based program Cae, sinse I usually have the core exiles game, ----- and often the system plotter, open as well, and thus having another brouser window would be a pest.

stil, if M irc will work perminantly that will probably be a good solution to the issue.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)