2010-11-20 11:28:22

hello,
I updated adobe flash player to 10.1. it installed, it shows up in add/remove programs. but when i go to youtube, or similar pages, it is telling me, that i dont have flash player installed or javascript enabled.
I looked in the add-ons in ie, flashplayer is not listed there, soi cant enable it too.
so there are my questions:
how can i fix this flash thing(very frustrating), i use firefox, but ie is faster in response with jaws(i think).
how can i enable javascrip?(i even dont know if its disabled or enabled.).
thanks alot for helping
michal

f.a.t.h.e.r

2010-11-20 12:08:35

Hello, Michal,

Updating Flash Player is not very accessible when you use it without any sighted assistance. Therefore, you might missed something when you try to install the update.

I think that you should uninstall your Flash player via using  'Add or Remove Programs' feature, than re-install it by going to the Adobe's Flash Player page, and clicking to the link called 'Download now'.

Please note that the action that you should take may be slightly different if you are using a non-English version of Windows and IE.

Hope this helps.

Standing by the window, eyes upon the moon,
Hoping that the memory will leave her spirit soon.

2010-11-20 14:34:25

i installed it from your link, it installed, i seeit again in the controlpanel, the active x thing. but when i go to tube.majestyc.net   which is a accessible version of youtube, it writes, that i need flash player or java script enabled. i am stuck now... i tried everything, restarting the pc, restarting browser, everything.

f.a.t.h.e.r

2010-11-20 15:06:30

Check your addons. You'll find the flash one in "toolbars and extentions" make certain it is enabled. If you don't see it, try looking in "addons loaded in internet explorer" sinse it might have been sdisabled by your security settings.

Speaking of security settings, chec you've got those set correctly, sinse if you've set security too high it might not allow flash to run  (you might want to look in ccustome settings).

Lastly, a couple of versions of Hal ago, active X refresh and macromedia flash were disabled by default, but dolphin did fix this, ---- I think it only occurred in version 9, so check your screen reader settings just in case.

Lastly, if all else fails, there is always Klango's utube function.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2010-11-20 16:24:47

what to change in custom security? there is one tree view thing...

f.a.t.h.e.r

2010-11-20 16:39:40

welli tryed to lower the security, then higher, but nothing addon still not listed. i tryed before uninstalling the whole flash player as i read on adobe's trouble shooting page, downloaded a uninstaller, rebooted, adobe went away. installed again rebooted, adobe active x was in control panel in add/remove programs again. so i tought it will be in ie too. but still no. no listing under any category in addons. Maybe its the fault of adobe or microsoft, that this updated flash dont work with ie8. perhabs they need to release some sort of fix? i read this theory through googling in some forums. who knows... always i can stick with firefox if necessary, but i am much used to ie...

f.a.t.h.e.r

2010-11-20 20:36:09

Last I checked, flash player certainly does work with ie 8, and besides, I don't think enough people use alternate brousers to make it a good business decision on Adoby's part to have their player not work with ie.

anything to do with active x, and allowing other programs to run in Ie should be changed in security. you might also want to try resetting your Ie settings to defaults, just in case something has got turned on (sinse I'm pretty certain flash should work by default with ie).

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2010-11-20 20:46:36

how to reset it?

f.a.t.h.e.r

2010-11-21 01:28:18

bucklee12 wrote:

How do I reset IE8's settings to the default values??

Follow these steps to reset IE8's settings to their default values:

1. In Internet Explorer, go to Tools > Internet Options.

2. Do a CTRL+SHIFT+TAB to go directly to the 'Advanced' page of this dialog.

3. Tab to the 'Reset...' button and press it, and follow the on-screen instructions.

Hope this helps.

Ciao.

Standing by the window, eyes upon the moon,
Hoping that the memory will leave her spirit soon.

2010-11-21 12:02:09

wll try, but i dont hope much.

f.a.t.h.e.r