2021-09-21 10:30:14 (edited by ericbomb 2021-12-01 08:06:46)

Hello everyone!

I'm looking for feedback on my project that is now in Alpha! Based on the feedback I'm now turning the basic concept into a full game.

Of note, the name has changed because I realized there is a popular mod for Terraria called TerraMon.

https://ericbomb.itch.io/tierramon

Is the new location to get the game!

Here a post that goes over what is yet to be added, and what is in the game!

https://ericbomb.itch.io/tierramon/devl … -available

Here's a list of current bugs and you can report bugs there if you want.

https://itch.io/t/1773715/bugs-can-go-here

All feedback would be incredibly helpful!

Thanks for all the support so far!

2021-09-21 20:18:23

gunna try it and give my feadback

I am a hunter named Grunt. I didn't realize that until now.

2021-09-21 20:52:11

i just submittted a comment to the itch page

2021-09-22 08:36:05

E-t-i-eloquence wrote:

i just submittted a comment to the itch page

Oh thanks for your feed back!

With the next terramon on KO thing, yeah since it's a prototype I made for a jam I just didn't have time! I'm not sure if this is a project I'll take to completion. But either way I want more feedback so any further games i make are even better.

Figured out the crash and fixed it! Thanks so much for the report! Sorry about that, since it's only a short like 20ish minute game I didn't add a save system, but that's probably annoying when it crashes on you.

If you have suggestions for what audio queues you feel is needed, I'd love to hear them! Since I'm a sighted dev who knows what the maps look like it's really hard for me to figure out what the right level of audio queues are.

2021-09-22 08:45:25

By refinement with the game Manamon, your product loses on all articles
Navigation and management in the game is much worse than in the above mentioned game, no hand output on NVDA for foreign players so that they can send the text to the translator.

2021-09-22 08:49:38

I hope that after you familiarize yourself with the games that we already have you will create a really cool game with respect Roman

2021-09-22 10:50:18

ankr098 wrote:

By refinement with the game Manamon, your product loses on all articles
Navigation and management in the game is much worse than in the above mentioned game, no hand output on NVDA for foreign players so that they can send the text to the translator.

Hello! First, thank you for trying my game. But I think there might have been some confusion!

Like I mentioned in the post this is simply a prototype I made for a game jam. Meaning I made it in 7 days, so it's going to be much worse than Manamon for obvious reasons!

But I wanted to share it here in the developer section to see what other developers thought of my initial approach, the theme, ect. I hope to one day make a full scale audio game, but I need lots of practice making smaller ones first, and so am interested in what other developers think of some of my practice.

2021-09-22 14:30:11

5, what would  you feel if someone said the same for the game you've created, totally not cool man.
as  for the feedback, It's a fun game I had fun while playing.
is there a way to make it so you don't hear the attack descriptions all the time when you attack?

2021-09-22 14:53:17

hey, so sometimes the game gets messed up on me for some reason. When in the screen that allows  you to choose the terramon to start with, sometimes it stops responding to the backspace key and the only thing you can do is press enter and choose that terramon even if you're not happy with it. Please fix this.

2021-09-22 15:06:29

it needs different sounds for different attacks, not based on the type of the attack, and also the ability to make it describe the attack once only. It needs to be navigable in all dirrections. Currently you use the up and down arrows to go to the celected dirrection and against it, and the left/right arrows to change dirrection. It needs to be simpler. So the up and down arrows should be used to move north and south, while the left and right arrows should be used to move west and east, respectively. The next thing it needs is a saving system. And then the hardest to impliment would be screenreader support, as game maker studio can't do that by default. So at 5, please consider the used technology before making comments, so be careful. Thanks and i see the pottential of the game, i love this game and i look forward to it being a full fledged game. Thanks

2021-09-22 15:16:01

So, I'm not really for handing undeserved complements out to developers just because they are sighted and taking on this challenge either (I haven't tried this game yet so I have no idea if any complements would be undeserved!) but ug come on, comparing this to Manamon is so pointless and stupid. As the developer has made very clear, this is a prototype, and their first audiogame project. Manamon was made by somebody with prior years of experience in creating audiogames and over the course of literally 3 years.

2021-09-22 16:24:01

Greetings to the developer.
I found it hard to hear the steps myself except for when I bumped into walls. when it told me to go right. I literally took that to mean, press right arrow and keep going, not use right arrow to turn right then up arrow.

2021-09-22 16:48:15

exactly, that's what i was saying

2021-09-22 18:28:25

Yeah, @ankr098 not gonna lie, you're kind of being an ass here. My own experience as a developer tells me that Manamon's first prototype was likely nothing at all to write home about. All good projects demand time to mature, only then are they considered masterpieces.

The cool thing here is that we have someone willing to expand on the genre and open to feedback. Let's keep it constructive.

2021-09-22 19:41:38

Don't take tht guy's bullshit. the new developer doesn't deserve that.

2021-09-23 00:28:32

Oh wow lots of wonderful feedback here!

As some of you have guessed this is my first attempt at a big project! I've done a number of smaller audio games for game jams, but this is my start at a potential big one! As you all can probably tell, I'm throwing some things at the wall! I've played a number of audio games and so stole some ideas and tried some different approaches from others.

So here is a list of things that I feel like are needed to start! Once this proto type is considered in wonderful shape I'll probably start in on a full game, but got awhile to go of ironing out features and I appreciate the support so far!

1. Fix the starter TerraMon selection menu!
2. Allow players to control the volume of the different alerts separately.
3. Make it so you only hear a description the VERY first time you use a new ability, or if you hold a button while pressing the attack button.
4. Look into fixing the control system! I guess I wanted to give more of a first person view experience, but looks like that's been confusing with enough people I need to look into changing it. But hey, was worth an attempt!
5. Info when you pick a TerraMon outside of combat, such as type, level, and hp!
6. Saving system! I didn't know if it needed one because it's a proto type, but some people seem to enjoy it enough that they want to try and collect all the pretty TerraMon.
7. Fix the sounds moves make!

99. VERY long term goal, is make it so there are both custom voices and screen reader accessibility options so people can pick. Ideally any game I make I would like to be very welcoming to any sighted people giving it a shot, so I want to make sure there are nice custom voices available for them, but screen reader accessibility for people who want to use their own custom settings make a ton of sense. I have some ideas to hack GMS to make this happen, but it's a longer term goal.

I'll keep a running list at the top of the post of these so ya'll can see what's been done/ not done!

2021-09-23 03:16:30

how many terramons does the prototype have?

2021-09-23 06:08:23

starlord2017 wrote:

how many terramons does the prototype have?

Just have a nice 12. 3 of each type at the moment, none have a repeating set of moves. There are a few combinations that are utterly broken with it being a prototype and all. But they each should be semi unique, and as time goes on I hope to come up with more rules for each type of ability to make sure each feel unique.

2021-09-23 06:26:02

can we get the walking soudns to be more in realtime? I am still struggling with the walking feature of this game?
I am also willing to give my advice if you want it.

2021-09-23 06:31:07

my advice is make the wind sound lower, make the stepping sound louder for the listener to hear the movement.
as for erramons. you can separate them into 3 different bsic categories. fire, zap and earth.
main move on fire can be fireblast, the main on earth could be quake, or some form of earth move, and the zap could have zapping tail strike. as for the healing, have the fire regenerate health by not sucking life but using the absorbing heat from nearby. the earth could regenerate by touching the ground every turn, by staying in contact with the ground unless an air terramon ever changes that. as for zap, it can generate an electrical field unless interrupted, the terramon could keep regenning health every turn by that

2021-09-23 07:08:04

I'm trying to stay away from elements, a little cliche for me I'm afraid!

But having different environments modify different stats, or let the TerraMon themselves effect the environment, is super interesting idea! No promises on that so won't go on the list, but very much interesting idea. Different moves changing the environment that allows other moves to become more powerful would make for interesting strategy.

As for modifying sound levels, 100%. I'm changing the sound in next build for that and modifying relative levels. I was making this game for a jam where the rules made it so all resources had to be made by the dev, so I couldn't use nice premade foot steps. But now that it's over I'm just going to use them!

2021-09-23 13:22:12

lol nothing understandable from that last post

2021-09-23 18:00:24 (edited by omer 2021-09-23 18:06:17)

If you wish to  work with a sound designer for the project, I can work with that. I already like working with creatures.

2021-09-23 19:16:15

I like lending a hand with how things are. optimally, if he wants a way to improve the terramons. I'd be glad but his theme is what I'd need to know what exactly the aim is with the way the terramons fight.
with the patch 4 fix. I get stuck with a major bug in the first encounter. I press any key ahead of time, and the app feeds back on itself. I try to stop it but it says, ability on cooldown. but I never used that ability. the guide on my shoulder is going to slow to keep up with that fairy or whatever.

2021-09-23 23:39:48

starlord2017 wrote:

I like lending a hand with how things are. optimally, if he wants a way to improve the terramons. I'd be glad but his theme is what I'd need to know what exactly the aim is with the way the terramons fight.
with the patch 4 fix. I get stuck with a major bug in the first encounter. I press any key ahead of time, and the app feeds back on itself. I try to stop it but it says, ability on cooldown. but I never used that ability. the guide on my shoulder is going to slow to keep up with that fairy or whatever.

Huh, I can't seem to reproduce! Can you get it to happen every time? That's a major bug so I would appreciate more info if you have the time so I can get it cleaned up asap.