2010-09-15 14:40:10

What can you do with dice. Well various things. you can stack them up to form litle spotty towers, shove them up the nostrels of your enemy, load them into a catapult as nasty pointy litle missiles, ----- or indeed roll them and see what numbers you get!

Then there's the question of whome to roll them with, ---- death or the devil being prime candidates, if however those two gentlemen are busy, one good thing you can do with dice is use them to play gamebooks, roll your character and monster stats, and see if you live or die, ---- and what better place to find gamebooks than in the new and exciting world of the windhammer competition run by Arborell.com.

For those who don't know, this is a yearly competition for new and budding tallent in constructing gamebook fiction. All ou need to do is head to the competition page here download, play, die many times, then send in your vote as to who you wreckon gave you the best and most traumatic experience!

The books are pdfs, but this shouldn't present a problem if you correctly use this correct version of adoby reader to correctly read them, so that they correctly work with your correct screen reader.

And, if that isn't enough, there's a brand spanking new set of dice provided by 7-128 software. The dark dice program will allow you to roll up to 1000 d1000's (which is a lot of dice indeed!), and all with ms sapi.

Just make certain you have some other software from 7-128 installed somewhere so that dark dice will work correctly.

Oh, and is this anything to do with a certain nutter called dark? ---- absolutely not! ---- absolutely not at all! ---- so completely and utterly absolutely not at all that it loops round the side of absolutely notness to become almost certainly true!

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2010-09-16 06:08:01

Wow I'll have to check the dark dice utility out, I've been finding GMA dice a little... bleh. Of course I might have to stick with web rollers or Omnihaedron if it doesn't let you roll two different kinds of dice at once, at least in terms of if I ever play certain RPGs.

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.

2010-09-16 21:51:21

Apparently their working on a dark dice 2, so it might be worth submitting that as a requested feature.

I must admit I'd like a program which doesn't use the f keys, sinse when I'm using my laptop at our Mutants and Masterminds game, it does get a trifle irritating turning Hal's keys off and on again everytime I want to roll some dice, ----- actually I rather wish gma dice would let you configure the keys.

Also, I have noticed it has a nasty habbit of crashing occasionally. It comes back when I restart my laptop but it's a right royal pain if it happens in the middle of combat.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)