2021-06-10 19:30:50 (edited by dardar 2021-06-10 19:31:54)

Hello,

I'm pleased to be able to bring you the latest in the Luna range, a simple but effective little piece of kit designed at making backups simple for you.
Maybe you store your backups online, but if you're like me, I'm the sort of guy whose always wondering. Great, so my data's backed up...
But what if the company gets hacked?
What if they go offline when I need my restore?
And how much is backing up my 400 some odd gig of data costing me in internet fees!
So if you're like me, you have a couple of externals around primed specificly for the backup solutions.
And that is exactly what Luna Backup is.
choose from 5 different methods of backup, including password protected zip files, schedule your backups so you don't forget and simply enjoy this 100 percent free, 100 percent accessible offline backup solution.

More information: https://www.nathantech.net/products/sof … backup.php

Nathan Smith
Managing Director of Nathan Tech
It's not disability
It's ability!

2021-06-10 20:03:21

graitwork awesome brawler? Thanks for another one of your amazing amazingnessistical works

I am a hunter named Grunt. I didn't realize that until now.

2021-06-10 22:47:37

Bloody brilliant!

If you for whatever reason wish to contact me, the best way to do so is through Discord (@Minionslayer0). You'll get the quickest response times, and by extension, a higher priority. I also sometimes post my thoughts (for the better or worse) over on Mastodon at @Minionslayer.

2021-06-11 01:16:37

It's still running. I coiled the destination drive for a while and got nothing good out of it, yet task manager said it was at 97% disk I/O. Naturally, since the destination drive is an NVME, it will have to slow to keep up with the slower write speeds of the external.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2021-06-11 04:20:47

Hoo boy. Hope this is thoroughly tested or backed by some good tech *and* tested. Backup software is easy to get wrong and not something I'd write. If I did, I'd back it with something like Restic or Borg, and would be up-front about that so people like me wouldn't be cranky at you about it. smile

2021-06-11 23:21:52

This sounds really cool, and hopefully there aren't any showstopping bugs. I'll have to try this later. I have a feature request. Can you add an option to have the program run at system startup and hide the window? This will enable you to set up backups and forget about it since the program will handle the rest behind the scenes with schedules.

Grab my Adventure at C: stages Right here.

2021-06-12 00:57:20 (edited by keyIsFull 2021-06-12 00:57:43)

so I can do all of this stuff in the 7 zip file manager. Copying files? check. Making zip files? check. Copying out of zip files? check. The only thing missing is the scheduling, but the task scheduler isn't that hard to use and 7 zip does have a command line option.

I like to sleep, Sleep is good,
This is how I do it: Lie on a nice warm cozy bed, and dream dreams about how to rule the world!
Follow @TheGreatAthlon5 on twitter for humorous facts and game updates!
If you like my posts, thumb me up!

2021-06-12 01:14:57

Hello,
Glad y'all like it. smile
@6 I admit had considered it myself! Will likely look into it for the a future minor update, smile.

@7 I mean, sure? Same could be said for most other programs on the market though. If we used that argument nobody would ever make anything.

Nathan Smith
Managing Director of Nathan Tech
It's not disability
It's ability!

2021-06-13 04:33:37

Hey there,
This is a neat program! It complements Cobian backup rather well.
One suggestion, think you could add exclusions/include these files only in backups? I would love to use Luna backup to send timestamped backups to a hot storage drive then use cobian to send them out to my cold storage drive, since cobian can't do backups with exclusions properly.
The interface on this is much simpler and reads properly. Cobian is getting on in years now, and it's not the most intuitive thing out there.
Best,
Omar.