2021-05-27 10:50:10 (edited by prajwal 2021-05-27 10:52:14)

hello guise sorry to all if posting about bgt and no offence to all.
we are running game on bgt facing some issues as master, moderator and builder rank is not working.
when i make someone master, moderator or builder it works when player goes offline and when he comes online then these ranks do not work.
can anyone please help.
i am learning python too. also it do not announces the player is an master or moderator or builder of name of the game.
also i want to make /commands in which i want to write few commands which can help players to see which are the helpful commands

2021-05-27 11:02:19

You'll need to provide more specific info. How does your command system work? How do you check for player ranks on login? How is your player data saved? ETC.

2021-05-27 14:03:50

for /commands, its better to make a menu to desplay hem
for admin and builder an master, you maybe didn't saved the status or you've dont check hes rank in startup

2021-05-27 17:55:10

guise i will tell you how it works when you login with your acount in your game and once you are master of the game it will not announce you master of the game.
suppose for example prajwal is the master of so and so game.
but my admin and developer is working.
whenever i login it says prajwal is developer of so and so game.
guise can you help me.
my / command are working.
when i am making master the player is promoted to master.
but when he goes ofline then his ranks do not work.

2021-05-27 18:08:21

The language barrier is really being a problem here. You have slash commands but you don't? The ranks work but also don't? I'm very confused. Are you not saving the data anywhere?

2021-05-27 18:30:55

well it's easy. if you've got the accounts of your player in files, set a flag for it. if the master flag is reached, output it via speech. there are multiple ways of doing this... use switch and case if you don't want to use if and else if... there i listed 2 ways.
If this is not what you are looking for, then please do show us the code so that we can help you out. We can't help you if no code is provided.
For example you are just telling us to help you to the bathroom but we don't know where you are at, so we can't give you directions on where to go... Bad example i know, but it's all i could manage to think of...

best regards
never give up on what ever you are doing.

2021-05-27 19:15:40

I suspect that via one way or other, they have acquired either a player or an account class that now they are unsure how to use.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2021-05-27 19:43:33

I'm voting for acquiring a broken game source

2021-05-27 20:44:32

I think i'll vote for stolen source?

best regards

2021-05-27 20:49:54 (edited by Lucas1 2021-05-27 20:50:06)

Almost certainly this is Ultrapower, Redspot or TK source code that they don't know how to truly utilize.

2021-05-27 21:21:49

Master makes it sound like CM/UP/BTB

2021-05-27 21:47:24

Hey @1, what game is this?

2021-05-27 22:43:41

@9 I try say without directly say

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2021-05-27 23:00:58

Yeah, its obviously stolen code. Don't bother supporting a cloner if he can't even be bothered to debug his own stolen code. In fact, that's the reason you don't get stolen code, because you won't be able to understand it, and most other people who'd be skilled enough to help you don't give a flying fuck about clones, nor support them

You ain't done nothin' if you ain't been cancelled
_____
I'm working on a playthrough series of the space 4X game Aurora4x. Find it here

2021-05-28 06:34:41

Yeah. most of us want to write our own code and figure shit out our own way.

best regards

2021-05-28 21:50:59

hi guise cool down. guise i figured out the commands and got fixed else parsed command and understood and fix there were some char problem master.usr etc.
also guise now its totally new thing i want to add voice chat feature in my src how to do that can the skilled people provide me something for it. i dont have anything for the chat feature.

2021-05-28 21:53:22 (edited by Ethin 2021-05-28 21:54:53)

@16, I doubt anyone wants to help you since your using stolen code. Unless, of course, you have permission to use it, and if so, I think we'd all like the author of that class to come in here and tell us themselves that they gave you permission to use it. Make your own menu class and stop steeling shit if you want to be respected as a developer and as a person. No developer appreciates anyone steeling another developers assets, be that code or anything else, and no one in general appreciates getting stolen from. But its obvious that morality for you is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy far gone and that you don't give a damn about that.

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

2021-05-29 07:50:53

actually i am learning python but i am helping my friend who has team they made their own source code they don't know complete bgt but whatever they know they are doing that.
they are not able to make its voice chat feature they tried creating it by themselves but didnt work.
can you guise suggest something.

2021-05-29 11:41:41

while the user holds down the key, use some module to record audio.
As soon as that key is released, send the recorded data to the server i guess? i could be wrong...

best regards

2021-05-31 08:45:45

hello friends i have created a new command this command is working fine but i want to change this command in a way that if a player forgets his password admins and devs can change it.
the command is
else if(parsed[0]=="/changepass" and parsed.length()>1)
{
string pass=parsed[1];
string charfolder;
{
file f;
f.open(charfolder+"/password.usr","rb");
f.write(string_hash(pass,2,true));
f.close();
send_reliable(e.peer_id,"Ok, using "+pass+" as your new password!",2);
}
}

in its second i even wrote if(playerindex.adminable()) and even closes the brases properly the server got compilled but i cannot change the password of player i can change only my password it should come like this when i write this command /changepass then i should also write the player name and its new password so that he can get new password.

2021-05-31 16:20:05 (edited by Lucas1 2021-05-31 16:20:25)

If you can't figure out what's wrong with that code, nobody who can will help you dude. Go do things that you actually know how to do, please.

2021-05-31 18:01:22

bro i tried to do but stuck that is why i posted right?
also this forum is for help and to help others to understand what is the issue.
earlier i was told to send u the code

2021-05-31 19:06:04 (edited by Lucas1 2021-05-31 19:07:54)

You're stuck on something that you shouldn't even be working on in the first place. First of all, you clearly didn't even post the full snippet, because charfolder doesn't get set to anything. If it is the exact code you're using, and you still can't figure out why it just might be broken, then you are using stolen code or a project that somebody let you near for some reason. I forget exactly how BGT works whether that would throw an error because the string is uninitialized or just assume it is the empty string in that case, but either way of course it doesn't work because of that.

2021-05-31 19:53:09

bro char has the password.usr from that only we have to change the password of user still not is getting fixed for that i need ur help i dont have any code which has such commands i am making this own command even i showed it oto my friend he is also not getting

2021-05-31 20:25:21 (edited by Quin 2021-05-31 20:25:36)

password.usr? Hi clone.

Mind telling us what game this is?