2021-05-25 15:48:04

Hello guys. Can someone please help me learn coding? I want to learn something like bgt or python what ever you can help with. I am really stuck in learning from tutorials books etc, so if someone can teach me privately that would be perfect, thanks in advance.

The greatest joy you'll ever learn,
Is to love and be loved in return.

2021-05-25 16:04:46

I don't know coding either, but I imagine it'd be a paid thing. It's not easy and there's lots and lots of variables and things that are different for everyone to work with.

-----
Matthew's Horse Needs Your Support!
Discord: misterkrabs69

2021-05-25 16:32:28 (edited by amerikranian 2021-05-25 16:33:36)

@Audiogamer123, with all do respect, what you request would take a lot of time on somebody's part. Private education also often requires a monetary investment... are you prepared for this?
You know, if you say how you're stuck in using those books and tutorials I'm sure that the community could help you. Saying "I'm stuck learning" is very general. What language are you learning? What are you using to learn it? How much do you already know? What confuses you about a particular concept? What have you tried to clear up your confusion?
An example of a poor question:

SomeUser wrote:

Hi guys, I'm stuck learning Python functions. Can anyone help?

A refactored example:

SomeUser wrote:

Hi guys. I'm stuck on functions in Python. I have a piece of code which just doesn't compile. The code is intended to set the value of x to 2, but when I run it x is still 0. The code is below this post as a reference. Can anyone help? (Proceed to paste the offending code)

This is much more precise. You are illustrating where you're stuck and what you already know. The bit about trying to clear up the confusion is unanswered mostly because I didn't want to bring in reference parlance, but you get the gist.
TLDR: Please rephrase your request. As it stands, it is broad and unspecific.

2021-05-26 13:09:35

I'll teach anyone who wants to learn Python or Dart, along with ancillaries like HTML, JavaScript / TypeScript and Jinja.

For that, I'll charge £30 an hour, payable after each session. Each session will be 1 to 1 with me, and I'll give notes / homework for you to do as you please with. Sessions will be conducted over Zoom or Google Meet.

Here are the things I'd consider myself proficient enough to teach in:

Python:
wxPython for GUI programming.
Pyglet for games creation.
cytolk for interfacing with screenreaders.
Synthizer for sounds (sound files not included).
BeautifulSoup for webscraping.

I'd rather avoid networking, since it's something of a nest of snakes, and if you're asking for 1:1 teaching, you probably aren't anywhere near needing networking stuff anyways, even if I was an expert in that regard, which I am not.

Dart:
Flutter for cross-platform GUI apps, running on basically anything with a processor and a mainstream operating system.
dart_tolk for interfacing with screen readers under Windows.
dart_synthizer for playing sounds (BETA).
dart_sdl for writing games with SDL (PRE-ALPHA).
FFI and FFIGen for binding libraries that others have written in C.

C / C++:
I really only know enough of these to be able to read function signatures, which is more than enough for working with FFI (see above).

General:
Visual Studio Code for code editing. You are free to use another editor, but VS Code is the one I'm most proficient in.
Command line. We will be doing lots and lots in the command line, and I'm not overly choosey about which shell we use, although CMD or Bash / ZSH are my preferred. working environments.
Searching the internet. I know this sounds daft, but knowing how to research your own problems is just as valuable as being able to bash out code.
Writing good comments. Good comments and documentation in general is almost more useful than writing good code, since even if you write bad code, if the docs adequately explain what you're trying to write, then at least someone else can divine what the bad code is supposed to do.

Screenreaders:
I am most at home with NVDA, although we can probably muddle through with others assuming you know how to use them to at least an intermediate level.

Operating Systems:
I am most familiar with Windows from XP upwards, the newer the better.
I am most at home in Debian-based systems, including Ubuntu.
I know my way around Fedora and probably others two, since the main difference tends to be the method for installing software.

These are just the areas I can think of off the top of my head. I'm sure there are plenty of other things I have done - or can do again given some notice - that I haven't listed here.

Prerequisites:
You will need to be fairly proficient in English. I'm not saying I won't work with anyone who doesn't speak the queen's received, but we'll be talking programming, not the weather, so you'll need to have at least a basic understanding of computing concepts.

You will absolutely need a computer. I don't mind if it runs Windows, Mac OS X, or Linux, but you'll need one, and need to know how to use it. If you're going to ask me to teach you on a braille note, please expect my usefulness to you to half, and the price to remain the same.

Thanks for reading. If you are interested, please feel free to send me an Email. I look forward to hearing from you.

-----
I have code on GitHub

2021-05-26 14:04:38

@Chris, I recommend you post your announcement in a separate topic. I hope you will find students, as you're a good man.

If you want to contact me, do not use the forum PM. I respond once a year or two, when I need to write a PM myself. I apologize for the inconvenience.
Telegram: Nuno69a
E-Mail: nuno69a (at) gmail (dot) com

2021-05-27 09:42:02

@5
Thanks mate. I must admit, I was partly joking, but someone has already taken me up on this, so that's great.

-----
I have code on GitHub