2021-05-14 03:28:55

I came across this a few days ago when browsing Reddit, and it reminds me a lot of TextGameMaker, the Japanese tool Morokuma used to create his text games, except it doesn't allow you to create rooms, characters, Etc. the way TGM does.
It relies on the SugarCube 2 story format, which is the default format for TweeGo, which allows you to create Twine games using the command line.
You don't have to know a lot of JavaScript to use it, but it certainly helps.
You can download the engine here, and you can download the command-line Tweego compiler here.
TweeGo works on Windows, Mac and Linux, so you can create your Twine-based RPG's on any platform.
SugarCube natively supports audio, so you can go wild with sounds and background music, and it offers a wide array of audio macros meaning you can organize your background music by playlists, fade in and out your tracks and a whole lot more.

#FreeTheCheese
"The most deadly poison of our times is indifference. And this happens, although the praise of God should know no limits. Let us strive, therefore, to praise Him to the greatest extent of our powers." - St. Maximilian Kolbe

2021-05-16 14:07:45

How to use this engine? More info please. Can i create battles with this one?

ice, fire, water, thunder.

2021-05-16 16:01:02

Yes you can. Read the included documentation and try the sample battles.

#FreeTheCheese
"The most deadly poison of our times is indifference. And this happens, although the praise of God should know no limits. Let us strive, therefore, to praise Him to the greatest extent of our powers." - St. Maximilian Kolbe

2021-05-16 20:12:57

Hmmm, Do I must know any programming language?

2021-05-16 20:39:34

Read the documentation and find out. People put a lot of effort into the docs, and you will make them incredibly sad if you don't want to read it.

2021-05-17 03:10:22

Exactly. RTFM.
If you don't know the SugarCube syntax, read the sugarcube documentation too.

#FreeTheCheese

2021-05-19 18:56:24

Rtfm, what?

2021-05-19 19:26:46

Read the fracking manual.

#FreeTheCheese

2021-05-19 21:29:11

This is strange. I don't have any button like create new story or something like it

2021-05-20 01:42:59

It's designed to work with the Twine web version, that's why it gives instructions for it. When using TweeGo, make a new folder and copy the engine into the new folder.
Then to compile it, open a command line and type:
tweego folder-name > game-name.html

#FreeTheCheese

2021-05-20 02:17:38

zenothrax wrote:

Read the fracking manual.

Read the fucking manual. FTFY

2021-05-20 02:20:19

Fracking, fucking, what's the difference?

#FreeTheCheese

2021-05-20 02:26:11

Well, you can fuck someone, but you can't frack them. LOL.

2021-05-20 16:20:29

The twine is accessible?

2021-05-20 16:31:36 (edited by amerikranian 2021-05-20 16:32:26)

@pates, I urge you to use some deduction here. Do you think that the OP would have created a topic on here about an engine using a language which is not accessible? Not only that,, but he clearly says that this is a viable option for making RPGs. There's your answer.

2021-05-20 16:45:28

15, I mean not the tweego, I mean the twine itself.

2021-05-22 03:41:11

I'm still looking for an engine to create games for both pc and android. simply the rempy for developers I can't use

meet the eternal legend, accessibility group for games and applications in Brazil. main group to bring accessible games to the blind.
official website    
our discord server
youtube channel

2021-05-22 09:18:04

Twine is just HTML, so throw it on a website, should work.

2021-05-22 15:16:53

I will check some engines, because I want create a good textbased rpg

2021-05-22 16:25:17

The twine engine itself is kind of...Hit or miss last time I checked it, though. Thus Tweego. The games it produces are of course quite accessible so long as you don't do anything odd. Yeah, I feel like this is one of those software packages where RTFM is easier said than done. More specifically, if you are a complete newcomer, or, in my case, it's been years since I've even looked at twine, there are about three manuals you'll need to read for this engine. The twee V3 spec, the Sugar cube/story format of your choice documentation, and finally, the engine docs. Also, hope you like Javascript.

I have a website now.
"C: God's Programming Language
C++: The object-oriented programming language of a pagan deity" -- The Red Book
"There, but for the grace of God go I"

2021-05-22 17:23:17

Twine have some creator based elements for creating games.