2021-04-12 10:52:15

Hello everyone
For those of you who develop something for Android, Do you have to install Android Studio or something? Or are there alternative ways to do this without installing Android Studio?
I'm asking you this because I want to learn to develop something for Android, specifically.
Any helps would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

2021-04-12 12:22:00

IT depends on the language, If you're doing flutter, There ways to do it without android studio, Though sadly I don't remember how anymore because I've done that a  long time ago and that was even from a help of a friend, He even told me that if you're on linux, Sudo snap install flutter If i spelled snap correctly, Will install flutter on linux right away, Which is easier on linux because on windows you'll need to do a lot of file moving and things.

2021-04-12 12:28:54

The book concepts teaches Java though. But thanks for your answer.

2021-04-12 12:59:46

@3
do you only want android? If you want cross platform I'd recommend flutter. It's easyer to setup and you get more out of it. At least in my experience, dart would be a better option if you want to get your feet wet in programming. You don't have to learn about native platform stuff unless you want something that flutter doesn't give you

2021-04-12 13:04:34 (edited by Socheat 2021-04-12 13:05:28)

@4
this book I've got only mentioned Java, so I have no idea. I think only Android at this point.

2021-04-12 13:25:42

The only reason I’m suggesting flutter for you is because I’ve heard the android environment for Java is really hard to set up

2021-04-12 13:58:04

Hi there, @ mechaSkyGuardian, do you have an example project in flutter?
I just want to see how it's used... then i might try it out. is it better than react native?
I know i can google it if i want to, but i falt asking on here would be better.
@OP, yes. you need to use android studio, make sure your jabswitch is enabled, though i think in the latest version of nvda it enables it automaticly.

best regards
never give up on what ever you are doing.

2021-04-12 14:04:43

@7
I don’t have any example projects at the moment but if you install flutter and run
Flutter create “project name”
You will get a basic example application.

2021-04-13 06:30:12

@7
How exactly is posting on here better than googling?

-----
I have code on GitHub

2021-04-13 06:48:08

You shouldn't base your development environment on a book. This book is native android, sure, and Java might be a good option in some cases, but if you want modern, you should try something cross platform and accessible. Flutter is one such option.

ReferenceError: Signature is not defined.