2021-03-31 03:51:11

I have been playing around with OBS studio for awhile now. I currently have v26.1.1. This is the current recording I made with it. When I make recordings of games or what not with it, it usually comes out sounding ok, but how do I make things better? I usually end up with a bit of me going over to the obs window, hitting record, and then switching over to the window that I am recording. Is there anything I can do to make things visually better? What is the best way to get it to stream on YouTube if I wish, or is it better just to make the recordings ahead of time?

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king.
DropBox Referral

2021-03-31 18:54:41

Well the obvious thing is just trimming out any stuff you don't want, and you'll possibly want to apply some sort of noise suppression (OBS has one built in) to your mic.

If you for whatever reason wish to contact me, the best way to do so is through Discord (@Minionslayer0). You'll get the quickest response times, and by extension, a higher priority. I also sometimes post my thoughts (for the better or worse) over on Mastodon at @Minionslayer.

2021-03-31 20:08:17

Yeah. Apply your noise supression if you think you need it and if you think it makes your mic sound better. If you go to the properties for your mic and click advanced audio properties you can turn on monitoring and listen live to what the filters do to your voice if you'd like.
To get rid of the part where you're in the OBS window pressing record, you could probably make a keybind to start the recording although I'm not exactly sure how to do that. I do know for sure that it's possible though.

-----
Matthew's Horse Needs Your Support!
Discord: misterkrabs69

2021-03-31 20:37:35

You're looking for Settings>Hotkeys, though object nav is required to know what some of the input fields are for.

If you for whatever reason wish to contact me, the best way to do so is through Discord (@Minionslayer0). You'll get the quickest response times, and by extension, a higher priority. I also sometimes post my thoughts (for the better or worse) over on Mastodon at @Minionslayer.

2021-03-31 23:01:07

I'll have to look into that. Really would be nice to make a hotkey for this sort of thing. Would save me a lot of time.

-----
Matthew's Horse Needs Your Support!
Discord: misterkrabs69