2021-03-30 18:56:29

Hi everyone!

Firefox has been very buggy (the program froze a lot) for me lately, so I switched to Microsoft Edge.
The only problem is that when in a text field, the input text isn't shown on my braille display.
I am using JAWS 2018 and what I assume is the latest version of Microsoft Edge.

Greetings and happy gaming, Julian

If you say you never lie, you're a liar.
Oh, and #freeGCW

2021-03-30 20:06:59

JAWS 2018 is kind of old.
Honestly I'd recommend you use google Chrome or Brave, as Firefox and Edge are just weird and I don't like them. That's my personal opinion and yours may be different, but... That's my thinking.

-----
Matthew's Horse Needs Your Support!
Discord: misterkrabs69

2021-03-30 20:46:27

What is brave? I have never heard of it.
I have never tried Chrome, I might check it out.

Oh, and #freeGCW

2021-03-30 20:56:53

Chrome is google's browser and Brave is like Chrome but people say it download's faster.
Brave I'd say seems more secure, although Chrome's whole thing is that it's really modern and secure... So who knows. Either way, I like them both.

-----

2021-03-30 20:58:36

eww, worst combination ever, I am an NVDA user, but on my work laptop I am forced to use whatever they have installed, and needless to say it's a secured environment so can't add anything with it. Anyway long story short I have the exact combination, jaws 2018 and Edge, and it's buggy as hell, heck I sometimes use internet explorer to avoid this problem.
Don't use Edge with Jaws 2018, never big_smile
Indeed Jaws does not read the text you type in the text boxes, but it gets written. Also it does strange jumps on me when activating some buttons or some links, just goes to the desktop or taskbar, whatever it feels like, And just a bunch of other weird things.

“If you live each day as if it was your last, someday you’ll most certainly be right.”

2021-03-30 20:58:45

Brave is a Chromium-based browser like Microsoft Edge or Chrome, but it has some improved features. It has a built-in ad blocker that you can easily enable or disable based on the sites you visit or altogether if you want. It also has Tore if you want to visit the deep web. I think it might have other features as well, but I can't remember. I use Brave all the time myself.

Discord: dangero#0750
Steam: dangero2000
TWITCH
YOUTUBE and YOUTUBE DISCORD SERVER

2021-03-30 20:59:04 (edited by Skybear 2021-03-30 21:15:42)

I personally use Edge and Chrome and they both work well. To the person who said Edge is word, that's strange as Edge is supposed to be baste on Chromium which is where Chrome is baste off of. It might be that you've used the old Edge. The old Edge certainly had some problems but the newer Edge seems to be very accessible now. Eventually. We will all be forced to use Edge as our default browser.

2021-03-30 22:51:51

Ugh. Microsoft already owns enough of my data. Hopefully my browser isn't next.

-----

2021-03-30 23:38:55

As for JAWS acting strangely, this is to be expected if you continue to use an older version of JAWS. Programs get updated, and the support that the old version of JAWS provides most often won't be up to par.

2021-03-31 10:48:26

@7: Because you mentioned the new edge, there's a strange thing I noticed. Since a windows update I did ?last year, there are two entries for Microsoft Edge in the apps and features window. One that says Microsoft Edge, the other one says Microsoft Edge Update. Do I need to do something to make it use the new version

Oh, and #freeGCW

2021-03-31 18:42:26

Yeah I've noticed that too.