2021-03-31 11:08:09

Hmm, how would you set up a VM in the way that it doesn't have access to your local network? For example a win 10 machine.

Greetings Moritz.

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

2021-03-31 14:16:29

btw @25 direct tv is not really a scam, it's just marketing stuff.

I love audiogames, a specially some offline ones like top speed.

2021-03-31 15:26:55

hi all
is there a website to call scammers on, or do I have to use my actuall phone?

me and a friend of mine have made a youtube channel where we upload beats that we make. If you want to check it out, you can find it at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCD0CxF … PFlCqjOtOA

2021-03-31 15:55:40

IDK what the rules are for that sort of thing, but there's sites that offer a fake number where you can call people on.

-----
Matthew's Horse Needs Your Support!
Discord: misterkrabs69

2021-03-31 19:32:01

bob rtc gives you everything you need, a database of scammer phone numbers and you can call them right on the website with random number for each call, you can get credits by spending time calling tol free numbers on the site first, than you will gain credits by spending time on tol free numbers that you can use to call non tol free numbers too

2021-03-31 23:54:21

at gorvachov13 I know they are marketing but come on, most of these things are scams and what more than to call them and say that are the most, unepic people in all of scammers history. seriously. they are so immature I can feel my brain cels dieing as I post this
to be onnest, they talk only about there company and how they want to promote it

my new youtube channel. click subscribe if you like my stuff
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzL-l8 … YCkjOm3FIg

2021-04-01 14:53:15

hi
@meatbag, yeah, but they use matrix, and I can't create an account on there, so I can't use bobrtc sadly

me and a friend of mine have made a youtube channel where we upload beats that we make. If you want to check it out, you can find it at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCD0CxF … PFlCqjOtOA

2021-04-01 18:37:51 (edited by Still_Standing 2021-04-01 18:38:51)

actually the channel mentioned in post 22 was one of the channels i used to watch, but honestly if you are a scammer and you scam people out of their money and hard earned stuf, what do you expect? someone is sure going to come and show you how worse you are, or something else that you don't like happens to you or else, it's just a way of fighting them, i would agree how ever on other methods which can be less distructive, still those indian scammers do not represent india, and they never will, they only represent them selves being the scammers they are
it simply is disgusting

And as anyone who's gone mountain climbing knows ,The serene snow-covered peaks that look so tranquil from a bdistance, Are the deadliest
sound is my vision
i rarely check my private messages on the forum, so if you want to contact me please use my email, or dm me  at oussama40121 on tw

2021-04-02 14:18:34

I recently reported a Social Security scam call that I received, and I specifically identified that it used the Windows Microsoft David voice. I'd be curious to know what other computer voices y'all had recognised when getting some of these calls.

Ulysses, KJ7ERC
She/they
Reedsy

2021-04-15 04:56:53

Just stumbled across this.
While I have absolutely no intention of taking this as a hobby, I watched an awful lot of videos on it, because sometimes I do that. Sort of a "going down the rabbit-hole" experience.
My favourite scambaiter by far is Jim Browning. For one thing, lovely northern Irish accent. For another, he is interested in protecting victims, not in retribution. I mean, sure, he'll deliver info to authorities, and he's locked computers at times because he knows it's the only way to stop or limit scammer activity in a particular group. But what I like about Jim is when he rattles them by keylogging, by being stealthy and looking around on their machine, then using their real name or showing them pics of their families. Sort of a "the game is up, this is where you stop" moments. He's very, very big on warning them that now is a great chance to tell the truth, and he hardly ever raises his voice. Some other channels I found first, and stopped watching, were wrecking stuff, laughing and sounding pretty immature about the whole thing. I prefer the ones where the takedowns are straight and savage.

It sounds to me as if most of this falls under what would be referred to as "grey hat" hacking. i.e., you're probably breaking the law by, say, reversing a connection and using Wire Shark and getting personal info, but you're using it to protect victims and there's no actual extortion involved, so a lot of times authorities will look the other way on the grey area you operate in. Because inasmuch as it might be instantly gratifying to destroy a scammer's files or fuck their shit up, I think it's more valuable to protect victims and report via the appropriate channels.

I have an honest question here, and I preface it this way because it's going to seem like a gotcha question, but it's not. Why are about 90% of scammers from India? I know that Indian people hate them as much as everyone else does, but what is it about India that makes scamming so god-damned popular? I'm not looking for racist answers like "Indians are greedy" or "Indians think everyone else is stupid", but is there something systemic here? Are these people who are very, very poor, trying to feed their families? I am not for a single second defending the behaviour of scammers - seriously, their actions and attitudes make me sick - but I'm wondering if there's a reason why there are so many scammers coming out of India who seem willing to victimize the innocent.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

2021-04-15 05:27:52

@Jayde yeah, for the most part that's the excuse I heard the most. Also, according to most scammers, jobs are hard to find in India, so they choose to do that. And yeah, Jim Browning is awesome

2021-04-15 16:42:02 (edited by omer 2021-04-15 16:42:19)

my fav is present green  so far
the guy really does the job well.
most of the other ones are trolls
going to check out him jim browning right now though :d

2021-04-16 04:44:08

Some of my favorite Jim Browning videos are where he thwarts the scams that are already in progress. There is one in particular where they are going through their script and blacking out the victim's screen to do their edits, and he refreshes the page several times, causing them to have to scramble to redo their work over and over and over again. Not only are the scammers made to look like the jackasses they really are, but the victims are spared from losing money. Some of his other videos feature him changing the robo dialer's messages to warn potential victims as they're called instead of the normal messages they would have otherwise heard, and causing the scammers to have to spend a bunch of money in order to keep their scam operational. As for the backgrounds of these scammers, well, my sympathy for these people ends at the point where they start working for a company whose sole purpose is to rip people off. They use every means necessary, fair and unfair, to trip people up. They try to target people who wouldn't necessarily be expected to know better, like the elderly.

2021-04-16 07:23:32

Oh, I agree there. I am not for a single second excusing their behaviour. I hate that there are people who would do this. And I hate that we exist in a world that would ever put people in a position where they felt they had to do this, regardless of their overall motivations.

Yes, that Browning video where he keeps refreshing the screen made me chuckle. I think the one I liked best is the one with the scammer calling himself Alex. Jim got most of his info, and in exchange for not splashing it all over the internet, got the guy to admit that what he was doing was a scam. The poor dude sounded scared out of his mind. That video was the one that actually made me wonder how folks like this get into that line of work to begin with. The reason I liked it, though, is because I believe at one point Jim says something like, "I know who you are, and I know where you live. Now do you have anything you want to say to me?". And if you don't know any better, that sounds like it might be a threat, say, against the scammer's family or personal safety, even if it isn't. When Browning does sort of lose his temper, it's not loud or showy, it's just low-key savage, and I love it.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

2021-04-16 20:25:36

At Jayde, I think I remember Browning making a video on your question, or at least bringing it up in one of the older uploads. If I remember correctly, the reason why so many scam call centers are in India is because so much effort has gone into making India a place where call centers can easily be set up. There are training programs, for example, where one could learn the technical skills to set up and manage a call center, I think similar to what one might get from a vocational school here in the U.S. Of course this is generally used for good intentions, such as companies looking for an easy tech support or customer service call center solution for themselves, but I remember Browning essentially saying that with there being so many people with that expertise in the country, it's just a matter of it being easy to find those that can be lured in to setting up and running a center for a scam company with the money it promises.

Los Angeles Based musician, blogger, and programmer.
https://artistibarra.com/