2021-03-14 08:12:19 (edited by Ttslover0987814 2021-03-15 22:26:54)

I was trying to sell some thing that I didn’t know I could not sell. I did not read the license agreement even though I should. Therefore, please delete this topic, as I cannot do it since I am not a moderator.

Thumbs up

2021-03-14 08:17:02

@Ttslover0987814: What did you use to make this? Wonder how responsive it is.
Also, you would do well to get a proper shoppingcart set up for something like this, rather than having people email you and buy it indirectly. WooCommerce for Wordpress is free and you can get a website for 5 bucks a month from QS-Hosting. Paypal business account is needed though.

Thumbs up

2021-03-14 08:31:14

A more straightforward way of distributing software would be on an accessible store platform like itch.io, accounts are free and you can choose the revenue share to give to itch.io for their services, if any. You can also sell products as free, pay what you want with or without minimums, or a set fee. They even offer forums and user reviews of your products, if you want. Also, you can embed a widget that links to your itch store page on your website too, if you like. It would probably simplify your distribution considerably.

-BrushTone v1.3.3: Accessible Paint Tool
-AudiMesh3D v1.0.0: Accessible 3D Model Viewer

Thumbs up

2021-03-14 09:33:43

But itch.io only for selling games? Sorry for the silly question, but I never see softwares there.

2021-03-14 10:06:46

Not necessarily.
While games make up the majority of the content on the site, people have put actual software on there too. It's just like Steam.

Thumbs up

2021-03-14 10:27:03

are there any sample audio clips that we can hear before purchasing? I don't even know who you are!

Thumbs up

2021-03-14 10:30:33

@Zarvox, if you visit his sub domain (jacksontts.fandom.com) There should be a link to see the sample to a google drive link.

2021-03-14 10:43:30

@4
My own tools like BrushTone are hosted on itch, and there are also content packs, software, etc. I'm not sure theres really any much rule on the site dictating what kind of software you can sell, well other than that its not illegal, obviously.

Thumbs up

2021-03-14 17:45:01

It doesn't sound that good to be honest. It's got the same ruffles - for lack of a better term - that the one core voices have. It's flat and expressionless, even though the demo clip said it had expression. Why buy this when for free, you could use the onecore voices, or download eSpeak. What I look at purchasing something, I think of value for money. Even if the price is good, what value will I get out of the product. Well, I am not impressed with the quality of the sample, so the answer is, little to none.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2021-03-14 18:05:40

Same as @9.

Email: [email protected]
Discord: StormProductions
Telegram: https://stormproductions.t.me/

2021-03-14 18:25:50

Also, just a little marketing advice:

ttslover0987814 wrote:

Once you have the voice, I would really appreciate if you could write a comment under this topic so people know it's not a scam or virus.

Not exactly a great way to solicit reviews, or to build customer confidence for that matter. Especially when considering that tts voices can actually have the potential of being malware if there's some hidden code that uploads everything spoken by the voice to a server. That is why Android, for example, has a warning whenever you switch to a third party synthesizer. not to mention the fact you have a batch file to add to the registry instead of a proper installation, thus you're likely bypassing Windows defender so anyone not looking at the batch's code could potentially be duped. I'm not saying your voice is definitiviely malware nor implying that, but these are things you need to look out for.

Thumbs up

2021-03-14 18:38:28

what tools did you use to create the voice?

2021-03-14 19:18:40

@1, what are your tools for creating a tts voice?

Thumbs up

2021-03-14 21:06:43

Yeah, I dunno. Also not for me. Sounds like it would just easily get drowned out by a game, and we still haven't gotten to the whole responsiveness thing.

If you for whatever reason wish to contact me, the best way to do so is through Discord (@Minionslayer0). You'll get the quickest response times, and by extension, a higher priority. I also sometimes post my thoughts (for the better or worse) over on Mastodon at @Minionslayer.

2021-03-14 21:40:50

Are you sure the license allows you to sell your own copy of the voice?

Thumbs up

2021-03-14 21:43:13

Yeah, so:

“THE VOICE” CAN ONLY BE USED FOR PRIVATE USAGE AND THE LIMITATIONS SET OUT BY ACAPELA GROUP FOR THE USAGE THAT IS FULLY DESCRIBED IN ANNEX B
THE MONETIZATION OF THE VOICE DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY ON ANY MEDIA IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED.

From here: https://mov.acapela-group.com/terms-of-service/

If it seems like you found a free way to sell something by running it through software which will then magically give you a product out the other end, you haven't found a way to sell the thing.

My Blog
Twitter: @ajhicks1992

2021-03-14 21:48:26

I was honestly going to check out this My Voice thing, but after seeing the last post I don’t think I’m going to now. The fact that you’re not allowed to sell your own voice which you recorded and created yourself from your own vocal cords is absolutely absurd. They may have created the website and the feature for you to make your own voice, but at the end of the day, you did most of the work by recording those sentences.

Discord: dangero#0750
Steam: dangero2000
TWITCH
YOUTUBE and YOUTUBE DISCORD SERVER

2021-03-14 21:57:44

Whenever someone feels the need to tell you something isn't a scam, it most likely is.

Thumbs up +1

2021-03-14 21:59:03

Meh.  As someone who knows what they're talking about, it took a ton of work on their side to even be able to offer the product.  probably 3 to 5 years of development if not longer.  They're doing something that Google can't (or at least chooses not to, but I think can't judging by some papers), and Google is otherwise basically the leader in TTS voices.

These are pretty standard licensing terms for anything, honestly.  They don't want to compete with themselves.  If you could use their tech to make a voice and then go sell it they'd be out of business in short order.

My Blog
Twitter: @ajhicks1992

2021-03-15 02:25:06

DanGero wrote:

The fact that you’re not allowed to sell your own voice which you recorded and created yourself from your own vocal cords is absolutely absurd. They may have created the website and the feature for you to make your own voice, but at the end of the day, you did most of the work by recording those sentences.

That is not most of the work. In fact this is no Model Talker. You sit down and record about 20 minutes worth of sentences at an absolute minimum, and that's about it. Acapela is basically automating the processing of your voice into a synthesizer so that you don't have to do any of the programming, which in and of itself is a herculian effort. Naturally yo would not be able to sell the voice as your own at that point. It is not your intelectual property. Your voice belongs to you, but not the technical undergoing to make said voice. As such, I'm pretty certain this is highly illegal.

Thumbs up +1

2021-03-15 07:52:07

Sorry, guys. I had no idea that this was not OK to sell. I figured since I bought the voice, it was my property. I never read the terms, I just hit the agree button. Could you please delete this topic? I don’t want anyone to buy something that is not good. For the record, I never was trying to scam you, it really was a real thing to buy. I just had no idea that it wasn’t OK to do.

Thumbs up

2021-03-15 07:52:38

Yep I think this is ilegal as well because most of the work is done on acapellas side.

I love audiogames, a specially some offline ones like top speed.

Thumbs up

2021-03-15 08:14:51

@22
You wouldn't be the first caught by a EULA, people hardly ever read them, even if they really should. I wouldn't necessarily say that this is a question of being "illegal" perse, but it could end up getting you a cease and desist or a lawsuit. If your worried about liability, i'd suggest editing your original post here to get rid of the offer/links, getting rid of your wiki post about it, and giving refunds to those who purchased it to show good faith. You could ask people to delete the data you gave them, but whether they actually do or not is out of your hands.

Thumbs up

2021-03-15 08:40:26

Perhaps you could release the voice for free. It actually didn't sound too bad, but then again I collect unusual TTS voices for the most part.

2021-03-15 09:00:21

@Ttslover0987814
You can essentially delete your post on your own.
Simply use the edit link underneath the post, and put something else in place of the existing text.
You can even change the topic title.

Thumbs up