2021-03-12 13:54:36

hello, So from a while i were wondering about the BASS licensing, From what i understand you can use it free as long as you don't sell the product you're creating with it, But however, There's people that say for example, If there's an online game and the paid item was extra, Not the full game, That would be legal, IS that true? Thanks.

2021-03-12 15:49:39

It's a slippery slope, as is the case for most things licensing. For instance, the shareware license requires that your products don't exceed a price of 40 euros (50 USD), or 10 euros for non-shareware products. Microtransactions would technically fall under this umbrella, but only up to these amounts, after which your only other option is paying nearly $1000 for their non-commercial one. In either case, actually tracking this would be difficult.

I would recommend asking on their forum, as I can see others here (myself included) potentially running into this dilemma down the road. If that doesn't turn up anything useful, the developer, Ian, is friendly and eager to help.

2021-03-12 15:57:51

If I may ask, what is a base license? Is there somewhere I can get info on this?

Discord: dangero#0750
Steam: dangero2000
TWITCH
YOUTUBE and YOUTUBE DISCORD SERVER

2021-03-12 17:27:29

It's a closed-source audio library which kind of sucks.  But I'm biased.  Probably best-in-class midi support though, if that matters to you, and a few other things that I don't see most games ever needing.

My Blog
Twitter: @ajhicks1992

2021-03-12 18:16:58 (edited by mohamed 2021-03-12 18:17:30)

Yeah, It's probably not made for games but why is probably we using it most because of how easy is it to use, If you were lucky and found the right tools for it that is, Why i may want to use this but not synthizer is that it runs under mac while synthizer doesn't, But if synthizer does i won't use this unless something. Well lets hope that synthizer gets a mac python build soon.