2021-02-14 04:35:19 (edited by George_Gaylord 2021-02-15 16:55:45)

Well, I wasn't planning to make this topic tonight, however I saw something that bothered me. A blatent example of someone with alts being allowed to still come on the forums.
On 9TH February, at around 3:44PM Eastern Caribbean time, the following post was made:

Darkness King wrote:

i posted all ready posting again i am blind gamer i lowe playing blind games i am not a robot or a bot so just don't restrict me please.

OK, he made another post saying he liked VG storm games, which is normal. Lots of people like vgstorm games, but take into account the following posts made on 13TH February, 21 at 1:50, again, Eastern Caribbean time.

Darkness King wrote:

Hello all i am a blind gamer i like playing vgstorm,aprone, and other games i want to play a heros call and i asked my parents to bought it for me but they don't trust me because i tricked with some ting not game and they don't wanted to lose money again they tinging about i will lose money again but i wanted to play the game could someone purchase it for me tanks please my email is [email protected]

Again, we see his writing style some more, and again, his like for VG storm, but look at this post by Labron games in the same topic  a few days earlier on 6TH February, at 9:07AM.

labron-games wrote:

Hello guys please purchase the swamp game for me, my email is [email protected]

Darkness also said he fancied Aprone games, however you may not see the connection, but here's where the undeniable proof comes in.
Again, Labron on the same above day, just about an hour later though at 10:11AM.

labron-games wrote:

also if someone could purchase manamon2 for me registration name DarknessKing email address [email protected]

I could legit stop there because the username is bluntly the same, however there's one more piece of evidence.
The same game purchase topic, we have the following:
Just after the post at 9:07 on the sixth,

labron-games wrote:

Hello guys please purchase the swamp game for me, my email is [email protected]

And, one more piece of evidence because I can,
On 29TH December, 3:21PM, Labron wrote the following:

labron-games wrote:

hay all, I know I haven't bin on in like a year, but please forgive me, I've bin busy with cheating manamon2, as well as other VGStorm game titles. and so, if anyone needs me, let me know!

Now, tell me there isn't at least a slight difference in writing styles between this last one, and the ones above.
So, what's the meat and potatoes? Basically, I'm about sure there's at least enough solid info to ban Darknessking for at least a year for blatently attempting to get games with multiple accounts, accounts which most certainly do not belong to him, which clearly goes against the rules. 1. . Each person is permitted one (1) account. Duplicate accounts will be deleted, and users guilty of creating duplicate accounts for any reason will be subject to disciplinary action.Nextly, this is legit the 3rd or 4TH time something like this has happened under the watch of the staff team, from the techgirl situation, to I believe they accidentally unbanning an alt of Urh. I've reported darkness about 2/3 times already. While I'm not saying my reports are special or anything, it was made apparent this person may have also been envolved in the Maxi situatio.
And lastly, Please don't buy anything for this person. While I can't tell you how to spend your money, I can honestly say that someone willing to jump through so many hoops to get games isn't a person worth buying a game for, especially a 40 Dollar game.
Thanks for reading

Edit,

Spelt the topic wrongly

You ain't done nothin' if you ain't been cancelled
_____
I'm working on a playthrough series of the space 4X game Aurora4x. Find it here

2021-02-14 04:41:23

The thing is, Aaron unrestricts everyone indiscriminately which renders the restricted topic nearly useless.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2021-02-14 05:14:15

WEll, this is defenitly interesting.

Bach is an astronomer, discovering the most marvelous stars. Beethoven challenges the universe. I only try to express the soul and the heart of man."
― Frederic Chopin.

2021-02-14 05:17:10 (edited by seb 2021-02-14 05:18:49)

I messaged Jayde privately about this a few hours ago. So I'm hoping something can be done. Needless to say this person's behavior is beyond disgusting.

2021-02-14 05:23:22

Moderation:
This looks pretty damning, and I'm bringing it to the staff team. It looks fairly open and shut, but I want to be sure we do the right thing here. I don't think this will take very long.

JayJay, I appreciate you compiling this evidence in such a manner. I haven't been here for awhile, so some of what you're referencing is a bit over my head, but there's still enough to make this seem fairly obvious.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

2021-02-14 05:23:54 (edited by George_Gaylord 2021-02-14 05:25:34)

@2, what I was going for, I decided not to call Aaron by name cuz we have no idea what goes on behind closed doors. The thing that's really bad is just the level of entitlement shown by @Darkness king. I mean, he alledgedly hacked someone's email because they didn't give him a Manamon key,

Edit:
No problem Jayde. As I said elsewhere I know a Labron, IDK how to contact him though

_____

2021-02-14 05:47:33

Moderation:
JayJay, this is a slam dunk, no doubt. Thanks for presenting this evidence.
Here's what we're going to do.
DarknessKing is being banned for a year, and any further offenses will make this permanent.

2021-02-14 05:58:01

Nice work JayJay

2021-02-14 07:00:33

Well, it least no one fell for it...

Bach is an astronomer, discovering the most marvelous stars. Beethoven challenges the universe. I only try to express the soul and the heart of man."
― Frederic Chopin.

2021-02-14 13:08:58

i, somewhat agree with 2, but not sure who is the one that unrestricts people.
but things should be looked into with a little bit of attention

2021-02-14 15:17:08

lol my friend, and why aren't you amod?  With detication to exposing someone for who they are not takes time and what you did is mod work.

Their is no such thing as a master.  One is never done learning, and those who claim to be a master at something are far from becoming one!!

2021-02-14 15:29:05

And in case all that writing wasn't enough, this should once and for all prove they're the same person.

labron-games wrote:

i am not that person this is that account that i login when i restricted i only tested to post some ting so yeah unban me

_____

2021-02-14 17:19:55

Can someone enlighten me as to why this person's main account is not banned yet though? Since it's pretty clear to me that he's the one using both accounts, especially by reading JayJay's last post in this topic.

2021-02-14 17:24:51

Itwas presumed that due to the email address probe, Labron's account was being hacked by DarknessKing. JayJay, if this is untrue, i.e. if this, as you said, proves that they are both the same person, then that account should be banned as well. We just want to make sure an innocence isn't being targeted.
FYI: Only admins can unrestrict. Now that Jayde is back he is one of the folks that can also unrestrict.

2021-02-14 17:27:04 (edited by Lucas1 2021-02-14 17:27:44)

@2: The restricted topic already gets backed up sometimes. IMO it would be stupid to do in-depth background checks on everybody when this is the case, because certain valid accounts will be delayed. Mainstream game developers among other people interested in this forum will lose interest quickly. It also doesn't really go against the purpose, the original purpose was just to prevent spam if you'll remember and spam is pretty obvious.

2021-02-14 17:32:24

If you go back and read all of the posts from Labron-games, there's something peculiar.
The first couple of posts have a distinct writing style. Then there's several months of no posting at all. when Labron-games begins posting again, the writing style is markedly different. This is simply not conclusive either way, and we're trying to find out for certain what happened here. Was this account stolen by Darknessking, or is Labron-games just playing with us?
If any of you knows this individual at all, enough to provide an external email address at which we can reach them, we'd be hugely appreciative.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

2021-02-14 19:48:05

I agree with 15. The restriction topic was actually created to prevent spam bots from registering, which are weeded out by requiring people to post something relating to audiogames. The original intention was not to filter the humans that register. We've had the opposite problem where people have to wait forever to get approved, and that might cause some people to lose interest in the site. I'd rather have people approved quickly, then they can always be banned later.

2021-02-14 19:52:17

I'm trying to find him, but I lost the only form of contacting him

_____

2021-02-14 20:13:17

@2, Innocent until proven guilty. Like @17 said, if it's discovered that they're an alt of a banned user or whatever, then action should be taken at that point. If admins just looked at someone's writing style that was similar to another user and instebanned them, you'd get a lot of backlash from the community

2021-02-14 20:15:55

YUUpdate:I've found Labron, Ibeneath this post, mods I'm going to leave a report with the log between Labron and I, he gave me permission to do so

_____

2021-02-14 20:21:04

@19, here's the thing though, I already reported the person for being in connection with Maxi's account theft, plus this person has been going around all over the place. I didn't directly report labron and darkness king for sharing the same name, however I'm sure multiple people reported the necromancy in the manamon topic, where the person requested manamon be sent to darkness king, then about 3 days later, someone called darknes kings signs up? I mean, we can't expect them to screen everyone who logs on to the forum, but again. Stuff like this should be ridiculously obvious. Oh, and another thing: Darkness was unrestricted at least 3 hours before Aaron made the post as well.

_____

2021-02-14 20:29:26

@21, I understand that. But if you look at post 2, you'll understand why I said what I said.

GrannyCheeseWheel wrote:

The thing is, Aaron unrestricts everyone indiscriminately which renders the restricted topic nearly useless.

2021-02-14 21:48:06

I don't just unrestrict instantly. I check for vpn usage before unrestricting. I've asked the staff if there's more I could be doing in that topic given recent events, trouble is, more we have to do, longer it takes for a simple unrestriction.

2021-02-14 22:38:34

@23 a lot of people just say "hi," or something to that extent. Aren't you supposed to say what games you like and such?

2021-02-15 00:01:59

@24 That might not work all the time. For example, a developer who just wants to present an idea for his first audiogame might not even know about other audiogames, and he won't have favorites. I also feel like the "unrestrict fast, ban fast" method is better here.

We are pleased, that you made it through the final challenge, where we pretended we were going to murder you. We are throwing a party in honor of your tremendous success. Place the device on the ground, then lay on your stomach with your arms at your sides. A party associate will arrive shortly to collect you for your party. Assume the party submission position or you will miss the party.