2021-02-09 21:55:28

Are there any elven players or general magic users? Having trouble with the granary rats quest. I press O to focus on a rat ahead, press j to target then press the skill key for the magical spark. What happens is I get too close to the rats and end up dying. The best strategy seems to be to kill from a distance, but either my character or the rats won't oblige. What am I doing wrong?

When the wandering fire strikes the heart of stone, will you follow? Will you take ... the longest road?
Guy Gavriel Kay

discord: tayo134

2021-02-09 23:59:39

ISn't there a level requirement for joining?

Discord: clemchowder633

2021-02-10 00:51:22

Or I don’t understand something, but I don’t understand how to walk there!

2021-02-10 01:06:57

@101, hold down the alt key then fire your skills. you will stay in place and shoot. You should also move back and do this cause you can only shoot up to 20 yard. so Move back, hold alt and fire.
i hope it make sense.

End of Post!
Leos signing off.
CFN ID: LeosKhai. (Always looking to fight people)
Discord: leos_khai

2021-02-10 01:13:44

There is a more convenient way.
Press f1 to open the game settings, then press w to find the hotkey for swapping follow attack and standing attack, and then press enter to select.
In this way, press j to stand in place and attack, and alt+j becomes a follow-up attack.

Leos wrote:

@101, hold down the alt key then fire your skills. you will stay in place and shoot. You should also move back and do this cause you can only shoot up to 20 yard. so Move back, hold alt and fire.
i hope it make sense.

2021-02-10 09:57:19

Okay so wow!
This topic is positively jumping! I read all 100 odd posts that were posted in... literally the span of one day.
So I have the translation addon that was posted.
Thank you to DeathTime for that, and the translated tutorial files.
But I have a few other questions.
Do I need any other programs besides just the game to make it work?
I heard talk about sapi.
Do I need a chinese tts to make it work?
@nuno If you're looking at this post, will the soft cat tts you gave me like fucking years ago still work?
I still have it on my old windows machine somewhere.
I'm not a fan of this whole chinese letters only thing.
It displeases me greatly, but I'm listening to @assaultFreak's tutorial right now.
If it catches my fancy, I'll download the game.
Thanks!

"Hope is the thing with feathers that perches with in the soul, that sings the tune without the words and never stops at all."
Emily Dickenson

2021-02-10 12:13:15

No need fore any external voice. The game has builtin voice, so no need for SoftCat.

If you want to contact me, do not use the forum PM. I respond once a year or two, when I need to write a PM myself. I apologize for the inconvenience.
Telegram: Nuno69a
E-Mail: nuno69a (at) gmail (dot) com

2021-02-10 12:14:46

thanks @105 for the explaination. had have the same problem and now i can fight much better.
I have a question to the radar keys. In the help is explained that o scans up, k left l down and ; right?
But i can not press ; it makes the sound of a key key. So how can i radar i the fourth direction? Changing the tastatur layout to english or chinese simplifiet doesn't help.

2021-02-10 12:14:47

No need fore any external voice. The game has builtin voice, so no need for SoftCat.

If you want to contact me, do not use the forum PM. I respond once a year or two, when I need to write a PM myself. I apologize for the inconvenience.

2021-02-10 12:15:31

To join the gang, you must be level 15 because you must be in the city of Setting Sun.

2021-02-10 13:10:39

You have to go  north and exit from the northeast side of the mountain area. There are many scarry bears and boars there.

End of Post!
Leos signing off.
CFN ID: LeosKhai. (Always looking to fight people)
Discord: leos_khai

2021-02-10 13:33:56

How I can learn after level 10 skills? I managet to get only level 20 skill

Sorry for my english

2021-02-10 14:01:44

How to walk in the game?

2021-02-10 14:09:58

If you can't walk when you first start the game, see post 54

2021-02-10 14:21:02

Walley is my favorite location actually, I love music from there. It reminds me similar location from world of warcraft.
I love this game so far.

2021-02-10 14:51:10

so guys... still having the same question, I have NVDA, clip reader addon, and translate addon. there is AutoTo.ini in the config folder with 1 in it. is that all? can those who are able to play comfortablely with the new auto clipboard fungtion confirm what are you using?

2021-02-10 15:59:33

This is pretty cool so far smile Unfortunately the translate addon linked in the thread doesn't seem to work for latest NVDA snapshots, likely due to the API changes that are coming that haven't been addressed yet. I got as far as creating an account and starting the tutorial though using InstantTranslate.
Quick question, is there a way to also send dialog / tutorial messages to the clipboard? the autoTo.ini seems to work great for menu options, but when characters say words to you that part doesn't seem to get translated unless I'm doing something wrong?

Zersiax

2021-02-10 16:53:56

This Game does many things right. Not to much automovement for what i've seen untill now. I only would wish for an option simmilar to the one in ShadowRine, that would allow you to turn off the voice acting. As nice as it may be, i can not understand a thing and would like it way better, if the game just displayed dialogues in translatable text.

2021-02-10 17:00:46

the more i play this game, the more i like it, at least for now.

2021-02-10 19:18:06

Hello,
So besides the nvda translate thing I got, is there anything else I need to make it translate/
Do I need clip clopy and clip reader that type of stuff?
Second, I'm noticing in the demo that was recorded, there's a lot of dialogue.
is that dialog able to be translated?
If so, how is it done?
Thanks!

"Hope is the thing with feathers that perches with in the soul, that sings the tune without the words and never stops at all."
Emily Dickenson

2021-02-10 20:36:18

@116 it works for me, some times. So for now I have to keep pressing shift c when he don't say anithing

Sorry for my english

2021-02-10 21:46:13

thanks!

2021-02-10 22:50:45

@vlad95
I talked, but it's no use

2021-02-11 01:13:39

Hello lovely people,
Okay so I got the game up and running and translating.
Only one problem.
There is like a lot of dialogue in this game.
Is there a way to make it translate/
In the days of old, like dreamland, you used to be able to quick copy it with clip copy then read it back with clip reader.
Is that no longer the case/
Otherwise, I don't know what I'm supposed to do.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks!

Emily Dickenson

2021-02-11 01:35:54

@Silvermoon:

Shift C copies most dialogue; the tutorial and novice guide tips are entirely voiced so those can't be copied. I run the game with NVDA Translate and ClipReader. I'm not sure if that's the reason that all dialog outside of the tutorial reads for me, but it doesn't hurt. As an aside, Dreamland and its relative Lyxl can be run with latest version of Locale Emulator so that NPC and, in Lyxl's case, most of the story can be read via screenreader.

When the wandering fire strikes the heart of stone, will you follow? Will you take ... the longest road?
Guy Gavriel Kay

discord: tayo134