2021-02-04 08:16:16 (edited by Dark 2021-02-04 08:50:36)

Okay, warcat mentioned this one in the ravaged worlds topic in general game discussion, so I decided to check it out.

It is a collectable card game, this means you must battle opponents by playing cards. In deodeck you do this by having a higher score than your opponent. Each round, players play one deck card with a number, for example 15. This is the strength of the card, and as in classic card games, the higher number wins.

However, each round you can also play an enhancer, and a power move, and this is where the strategy comes. Enhancers can do things like raise your attack score, negate an opponents' enhancer, or give you percentage bonuses for the match, while power moves do stronger things like lose a round and double your score next turn, swap enhancers with your opponent or the like.
this is where strategy comes in, since for example if your opponent has just forfitted a turn, it's likely that they'll be using strong enhancers or power moves next turn so something to monkey with their selection might be good.

Rather unlike ravaged worlds, the rules in this one are fairly comprehensible, and as far as I can gather the game is extremely accessible, just click on the stuff you want to use then hit the "round" button. Everything in the game is labeled, even going as far as the fairground minigames to earn in game currency (indeed I only found one, the find the treasure map game which didn't seem to want to work).

I also like the fact with this one you can battle the computer and thus gain experience, as well as have several in game ways of doing things like enhance your cards and items, making it not all about battling other players, though you can certainly do that too.

To find out what you or your opponent played, go down by headings, since once you click on one options such as a card, the other things in that category will be gone, EG if you have a 15, a 16 and an 18 to play, and you click on the 18, only that one will be shown, you can also hit down arrow from any heading to get the description of that thing, which works both in terms of cards played, and in terms of locations in the game too.

Since all the cards and items have comprehensible graphic titles showing what they are and what they do, the  accessibility couldn't better, plus as I said, I found this a comparatively easy game to get the knack of, which was nice.

There's still a lot to discover, from gaining items, to minigames, and there are some nice checklists of stuff to do to have you explore the game and keep going, so those like me who enjoy just exploring and seeeing what things are in addition to learning a tactical game, will find that fun.

All in all, a great recommendation from warcat and one I'm interested to explore further, Find the game Here

Oh and yes, that is my referral link.

I'm inventively known as dark on there, if anyone is wondering.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2021-02-04 11:55:51

i actually don't even remember where I found this. Think I just googled "text-based card game" or something like that.

2021-02-04 12:47:18

Is there an introduction or a little tutorial match you can play to learn the basics?

2021-02-04 14:16:34

Just a heads up, I sent tyler a message and he seemed quite interested in the fact that blind people are playing the game, I let him know about the forum so he may be stopping by.

Take care, it's a desert out there.

2021-02-04 14:54:12

can't remember if there is a tutorial. I think you start out by playing a match?

2021-02-04 17:29:04

@firefly, absolutely there is a tutorial, after you create your account and choose your starting deck you'll get a match where you learn the basics.

@Warcat, nice find! I've found a lot of nice game related things through playing with google  over the years myself, as long as you're prepared to be disappointed nine out of ten times with something inaccessible, or something partly accessible which the devs then don't do anything about, you do occasionally find a gem.

@Sterlock, yeah, I've exchanged messages with tyler myself and recommended this forum to him, though I gather the game has already had some accessibility fixes, which explains the excellent access, even in parts of the game that you'd  not expect to be accessible, like the memory game with the crystal ball.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2021-02-04 18:06:05 (edited by goran 2021-02-04 18:09:04)

hi,
That seems to be a really interesting game, however I've got a problem. I can't pass the screen after finishing the tutorial. I won the match and chose finish tutorial, but no matter what link I choose I still get back to the initial screen after clicking finish tutorial, something about getting CDs to upgrade my decks. Am I missing anything?
By the way I'm playing it with chrome+NVDA.
Edit: Right after posting this message, I maximized the window and it got fixed.

2021-02-04 18:15:47

@goran, there is a bug which sometimes occurs with chrome where it displays in a really small window and stuff doesn't get shown. You can full screen with f11, but that prevents the top menu from being displayed as well which can be a pest.

To fix this, go to your desktop chrome shortcut, get into the shortcut properties (alt enter), and then set to always run a maximised window.

Btw, Hope you like the game, I'm rather enjoying this one myself, though I've not yet quite worked out how to keep my supply of enhancers up or get my cards tough enough to take on some of the stadium opponents.

2021-02-04 19:07:08

Hello there. Do you guys know how to battle with other players? Me and my friend decided to take it for a spin, but sadly he can't accept my challenge. Same goes for me. Thanks in advance for the answer you guys! smile

2021-02-04 19:16:21

I did get a challenge, but I don't know if it was from the cpu or a real player.
I think you need to either go to someone's profile and challenge from there, then set how much cash you want to bet or select them for a friendly match.

2021-02-04 21:11:27

this game is a grate find! i think you have to defete the first cpu chekc point to unlock the dome to be able to challenge others but i am unsure of this i to sen tyler a message  i also joind ther discord and created a screan readers group if anyones intrested  in game its a public group so feel free to join if you wish to

2021-02-05 02:08:15

does anyone know how to redeme the promo codes that they some times give away?

2021-02-05 02:53:39

Hi there. You can go to the plaza, then find the thing that says expanded view, then press enter on that. Next, just find the place there. You can't miss it. smile

2021-02-05 03:01:37

you also can click on the coad in the messages you get sent if that helps to.

2021-02-05 03:09:23

thanks @13 and @14 here is my link for those who want to join using it

https://deodeck.com?referral=boo_mario

2021-02-05 03:54:17

someone should creat a group on their

2021-02-05 06:04:22 (edited by liseo 2021-02-05 06:06:18)

I already made a screan reader users group? its open and public?
here is the link for the screan readers group on deodeck.
https://deodeck.com/Groups?id=30
re challenges to challange a user you do it from there profile there is a challenge button. hope this helps.

2021-02-05 06:45:50 (edited by Shiro 2021-02-05 06:46:16)

@17 We are able to send a challenge to one another, but for some reason, we are having a hard time on finding the accept button or any button like that. sad

2021-02-05 20:14:14

ok i need to play with user challenges there are now toof the admis in my screan readers users group   so if people want to join.

2021-02-06 03:32:23

That would help a lot. Please do tell me if you find something new. smile

2021-02-06 05:53:43

if you go to stadium there is a list ther of challenges if yo uhave any  i just got a randum one  hope this helps. btw never do yung wizard with cd on hand as you  are just as likely to looze it  and there are admins in my screan reader  group  aswell if people wish to join  does anyone expirence when in battles if youpick your card then your inhancer  when you pick your power move  does it jump you down to the bottem fof the page and youhave to arro up again? thi s could be me using jaws here.

2021-02-06 09:40:04

Guys I made a group
https://deodeck.com/Groups?id=32

ReferenceError: Signature is not defined.

2021-02-06 12:22:10

you didden't make a group you coppyed my or rather joined mine! if you look up a bit at post  17 my link is there  this is why your also listed as admin  of my group.  which werided me out a little

2021-02-06 12:24:11

re user challenges if you to the stadium there are links in ther for CPU challenges and user challenges this is hhow you find your challenges from other users hope this helps.

2021-02-06 15:03:35 (edited by Mellowwind 2021-02-07 00:17:02)

Edit to my message:
I was asking how to access to the maze but now I get it