2022-11-20 17:29:25

Thing is at least a circle is better than a crowd of potentially toxic people and I still do want to distribute packs to people who actually deserve them. I still want to stand by my passion to let anyone enjoy the experience as much as I have passion to make such experience. Thing is it's much more than that. It's to the point of being something else. And let's be real here, almost no sighted can give better strings than the blinds because we know what we need. I had a hand with strings once. I got the right kind of magic strings for mage/shaman here but decking and rigging was a pain and all they did was give me codes because they didn't know what to give. Where else do I have then?

Why do ghost hunters have to hunt ghosts? Well, there's a fear of being ghosted out there. They may need therapy as well as their ghost hunting kit.

2022-11-20 18:15:26

they are.

2022-11-20 18:27:51

I'd consider that a toxic mindset though. Like, if I just made a game and said these 8-10 people I don't like can't play it, that's pretty unfair. I'm not trying to single you out though, there are others who do the same thing and it just doesn't make sense to me. This is the place, for better or worse, that you'll find a large number of active blind and VI folk.

Also, what are the criteria that marks someone as, big air quotes here, deserving, these packs.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2022-11-20 18:31:42

That's the line I don't like, honestly speaking here. I hate making standards and I still feel like giving the packs out. But the previous incidents just tell me whoever have potential to be assholes on a mud may as well not have it. I still don't know and I do feel wrong having to think this thing. It's not the standard I should make and I'm not a game police who has a say who should and should not play anything, while at the same time, it's also me who has to deal with jerks on the mud and regret every fiber of my being distributing a pack. Tell me what morality lies in here. I'd like to know.

Why do ghost hunters have to hunt ghosts? Well, there's a fear of being ghosted out there. They may need therapy as well as their ghost hunting kit.

2022-11-20 20:25:34

If you regret with every fiber of your being releasing a pack, then don't release any packs. If people wanna complain, that's fine, but it's those in the community who behave like rafalko112 does that are to blame. You're not being paid to make the packs, it's voluntary. If it takes more out of you than you can give, then maybe it's time to stop. Maybe they should learn to make packs for once. I learned how to do it for Mush, and then again for Mudlet.

If Awakened has a mute feature, use it liberally. But anytime you make something, you're essentially putting yourself out there. Only the community decides whether you'll be praised or ridiculed, and the community is very fickle. You either have to develop a thick skin for it  or just stop making things. But I do understand it. I like to make things for people and have them be well-received.

End racism
End division
Become united

2022-11-20 21:12:12

My thoughts as of now, and this goes for around 3 certain muds so far, is to make a permanent dropbox links for all the packs and have admins/gms make a help file with my links in there so anyone who join the mud can grab if they so choose. It takes some of the load off without me having to police anyone and feel wrong doing it. rafalko112 is just one of the cases pretty much any pack makers have to deal with. Once in a while it's alright. But it's very common to be bugged over and over for the packs even after you answer over and over. They'll just do it until either you give in or shut them up, and it's not just about pack release. They need updates, a lot of it and as frequent as their patience can hold. This is the behavior I don't want to see, neither here, neither on muds nor anywhere else they can reach whoever make their packs. And it's usually some of these people too who go on muds to bother the playerbase with blindy behaviors. This is one of my concerns and reason why I'm selective when it comes to giving out packs. At least giving to close circles means I can trust people to share them to whoever they trust won't cause drama bullshit on muds. It's tiring and even sadder to realize they only come on there and rain hell on people because of that pack, else they wouldn't have bothered.

2022-11-20 21:59:22

This is why I have not finished the audio wrapper around Mudlet's sound functions. I have made enough to suit my needs and I don't care about anyone else because of the behaviors you've laid out here. I can't even describe the feeling I get when I see blind drama start to take over a MUD. It's like an infestation. It's infuriating, it's disappointing, it's sickening, it's sadness and despair all rolled up into one bundle of unpleasantness.

I've written two Mudlet packages, which were more like lazy ports of Mushclient ones. Basically the CTRL+numbers feature of output functions, and some of the features of channel history. I did the bare minimum to get them working and made sure they fit my needs, then I threw them up on github in case anyone else wanted to continue work or simply have access to them. But yeah, my motivation to do anything for the blind community is so low it might as well be considered nil.

But you know what sucks worse than the feelings I've described above? Watching MUD admins go from excitement about doing accessibility work to basically feeling what I'm feeling because they threw open the door and welcomed the blind community with open arms and what they got is a bunch of misbehaving miscreants who not only keep asking the admins about soundpacks, but bring their flavor of drama onto a game that was pretty chill before the influx of blind people. Then what you end up seeing is that the behavior in question drives sighted people away and now all you have left is a few devout players mixed in with the new blind riffraff.

These people are throwing water on an already dying fire. Look, I know I've thrown a lot of shade in here, so, if you're a blind person who plays MUDs, enjoys them and is just there to chill and have fun, I'm not aiming any of this at you. But, for those who I am talking about, I really wish you'd knock it the hell off and stay away from MUDs if you can't at least emulate how an adult should behave.

End racism
End division
Become united

2022-12-15 18:58:31

no sound pack for this yet right? was thinking about creating a char today  since it's doing nothing but snowing.

2022-12-15 23:27:38 (edited by mata 2022-12-16 00:21:28)

Hm, as much as I don't want to reply to the topic, I guess I can't resist.
The soundpack is still in the work with a lot of strings added but unworked on atm. If you can accept it at its current state, sure. If you can't, may have to wait for a while given I have others to work on at the same time. But anyone who want any packs of mine need to request from me personally. If you have had a history of spamming or nagging me for packs like bratty blindy or causing drama on any muds I've seen you on, I have the right over my soundpack and sanity to refuse your request. Anyone other than that may request at will. I'll keep this requirement from now on to prevent spammers while keeping the public engaged in the fun I can share on muds.

Decent people do have a decency of trying the mud out first and actually enjoying it without causing any problem before asking for packs or demanding them like spoiled brats. I can't prevent anyone dumb from having them eventually, but at least I don't want to feel too guilty giving them to someone who'll make me cry inside later.

2022-12-19 02:52:35

I have a small problem, I wanted to play, but forgot my password for my character. Is there any way to reset it? On another note, what client is the soundpack for?

2022-12-19 20:18:48

You can use the mail assigned to your character to request your pw back. If you didn't have that, I guess you may have to contact staff or make  a new.

2022-12-19 20:55:35

How do I begin the process?

2022-12-19 22:02:38

The process of what?

2022-12-19 23:37:41

The process of resetting my password?

2022-12-19 23:44:35

I actually don't know. there's a discord you can join and there may be something when you're about to log in that gives hint to their contact.