2022-10-07 17:07:23

hi. Who knows about soundpack. Chariot a player is creating soundpack but chariot silence when i try speak with her. i don't know whats up.

2022-10-07 17:29:11

Um, when and where did you send me your messages? I can't remember seeing anything. I'm also caught up in a life mess and haven't checked discord in a while if you sent it there.

Why do ghost hunters have to hunt ghosts? Well, there's a fear of being ghosted out there. They may need therapy as well as their ghost hunting kit.

2022-10-07 19:10:56

oh this was on the main discord server for awakened mud.

2022-10-08 01:43:34

I don't use discord server for anything but changelog checking. Dont' bother talking to me on there. Either on here or in the game itself is more prefered.

Why do ghost hunters have to hunt ghosts? Well, there's a fear of being ghosted out there. They may need therapy as well as their ghost hunting kit.

2022-10-09 07:18:50

is their a soundpack for this game, also what's the discord link?

PSN ID: AvidLitRPGer
Twitter: https://twitter.com/AvidLitRPGer
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AvidLitRPGer
leave me a message saying how you found me.

2022-10-09 12:13:46

I'm making one. Pretty sure I've said it countless times, unless ther's someone else but me doing it too. It's far from done though.

2022-10-09 22:39:48

take your time.

PSN ID: AvidLitRPGer
Twitter: https://twitter.com/AvidLitRPGer
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AvidLitRPGer
leave me a message saying how you found me.

2022-10-12 16:08:47

@mata if you create soundpack for mush i can' help you. but player who created soundpack called is chariot. And chariot not want to talk. If i try she or he totally ignores me. typical. Again typical.

2022-10-12 16:23:59

Every post of yours I see tends to come across like an patient 12 year old's. SO I'm sure that you probably bugged them over and over by now. Is it any wonder they don't want to talk?

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2022-10-12 17:17:17

@133, Chariot is me.

And, this is not very recent but I did get some news from the community, notably Lucien himself saying some vi player, not sure player or players, came on asking for soundpack. It's nothing now, but I hope it's not a norm that ends up bugging the admin and the whole community. Even I myself and pretty sure a bunch of others get very, very annoyed by this whole repeated soundpack bugging. I don't want to snap at anyone who asks 5 times in a row when I already stated clearly it's in the work in the work in the work.
I've already refrained from posting any soundpack on the forum, namely after the whole Clok and procedural realms incident that got some annoying blindies on the mud to cause dumb drama, ask dumb questions and say dumb stuff. Sorry for being very blunt here. I may as well refrain from giving pblic soundpacks from now on for the same reason.

2022-10-12 17:30:00

aww. that's sad. people have to ruin things for others.  I liked your clok sound pack think i even gave you a frew trige3rs to help you out. not playing awakened mud currently but I plan on getting back into it  in awhile.  Don't let a few twatwaffels ruin what you have going on. I llike your work. and it makes the gameplay better, at least for me.

2022-10-12 20:00:07

The problem with a street sam is they start off high and hit their ceiling quickly

Magic on the other hand, low start,high ceiling. But managing the combat/spell pools. Good luck. And then you got the problem of forgetting to project or return and ending up smacked around by some astral being you didn't intend to fight. That's been my experience with both tabletop SR3 and AWCE

Warning: Grumpy post above
Also on Linux natively

Jace's EA PGA Tour guide for blind golfers

2022-10-12 20:22:49

I wanna try tabletop but man, rules!

2022-10-12 23:24:40

yeah, most of the time you start having sound packs, a bunch of people swarm the MUD and it turns into a god damn shit fest.

End racism
End division
Become united

2022-10-13 16:49:20

the nice thing about tabletop is it's all d6. I've not played tabletop yet but i really want to.  and yeah I can't find a happy medium for a char on sr which kind of makes me a little frustrated.

2022-10-13 17:11:34

That's partly SR3, in SR4 and 5 they slimmed it down, got rid of the mage/shaman split and did a few other things that pissed off long time Shadowrun tabletop folks. 4/5 are less complex IIRC. 3 is complex.

As for a happy medium, do you mean the MUD or tabletop?

I find on the MUD there's a lot of nerp skills I want to take but they don't affect the mechanics, I find instead of making a char I want, I'm taking skills that benefit a MUD, not a Shadowrun character

Also on Linux natively

2022-10-14 20:24:55

@141 oh I was talking about the mud.

2022-11-19 23:33:10 (edited by mata 2022-11-19 23:33:50)

Any deckers/riggers on? I need decker/rigger strings for whatever you can get your hands on asap if you can help. Soundpack reason. Thank you.

2022-11-20 07:03:29

so I really want to get into this, and I love deckers, any tips for a new decker character in getting started and advancing?

Steam ID: Lord_raven86
XBOX ID: Lord Raven9232
Discord: Lord_raven86

2022-11-20 09:24:15

I don't have a decker char. Anyone on the mud can help you though.

2022-11-20 15:52:36

@chariot you ask where i write to you. I write on tell on mud. I type tell chariot hi i listen so you create soundpack i can help you. Silence tell chariot please  answer me silence etc.

2022-11-20 15:55:51 (edited by GrannyCheeseWheel 2022-11-20 17:18:06)

@146 This isn't the first time you've taken your drama off the game and brought it here, now, you're essentially harassing the OP. You need to stop.

End racism
End division
Become united

2022-11-20 16:35:13

@GCW:

You confused me with @:46, took me a moment to realize you meant @146

It's not just this game though, over on Mastodon I did come across a thread where someone else is getting the exact same harassment from blind people just or saying oh I've done some soundpack stuff in the past.

Stop it. Stop harassing people who make packs. They are not needed to play a text based game. Combat in Circle games is automated to the point of being just passive bar using a few items.

Seriously. Stop harrassing folks who make packs. That is how you push people away. Imagine you make a pack, and someone spams you with tells and then brings it to a forum

Also on Linux natively

2022-11-20 16:57:57

Folks, I have been dead serious about my final decision not to ever pos the soundpack on the forum for a reason after procedural realms/clokpack incident. I hate to say this, but being a prominent pack maker that's not in Alter Aeon team is far from easy. I hate being dramatic and I know I kind of am, but sometimes it needs to be said especially when I made dumb mistakes of telling people how many muds I make soundpacks for, which in turn attracts spammy, god forbid, blindies, to spam and nag me to no end about it. I can't get out of the loop now just because I thought it was cool to share the packs so the community had something to use and now it turns into much more. @146 sent me a mail personally asking for this too when I answered countless times on here the pack is far from done. If it was, I wouldn't have been here asking for strings in the first place. I didn't see his tells on the mud possibly because I was afk multitasking or dealing with life stuff. But it's the same question, one I already answered here. I hate answering the same answer over and over when there's nothing progressive enough to say, and I hate being asked the same thing only to expect different answer when there's none. I have a life too, you know?
I'm trying to be reasonable here as much as I can. My inside says otherwise though, but let's not get to that point.

2022-11-20 17:17:49

The thing is though, why even make it then. Clearly, not putting it here on the forum isn't stopping drama from reaching the forum about the pack. I don't like making them either, which is why I don't do it. Like if you put in all the work to make a soundpack, it might as well reach as many people as possible, and while it will slowly propagate outward, it'll take potentially longer than it would if it were put here on the forum.

I can kind of see hesitation to release stuff here, but all told, it really doesn't solve anything to distribute among a smaller circle. As you've discovered, people will try to contact you in other ways. Then you come here asking questions and wanting people to gather strings for you? Why would they have any motivation to help with that when they don't know whether or not they'll get the thing in the end.

This is why I don't talk about things I discover, because I don't want blind people coming in and soiling otherwise good experiences. It shouldn't be like that. People should not constantly have their hand out acting as if the world owes them stuff. I wish I didn't have to think like that either. I wish I could gladly tell people about such and such a MUD and not have it devolve into some cesspit of blindy drama and in character relationships that spill into out of character relationships with people who are already taken. Seriously, the blind community are a sorry lot.

Yeah I screwed up referencing the wrong post, I'll edit my previous post and fix it.

End racism
End division
Become united