2020-12-28 11:59:06 (edited by Wanderword 2021-03-19 11:23:59)

The team here at Wanderword are excited to announce the latest expansion in the Cursed Painting series; Expansion 5 - Stairway to Ascension.

Expansion 5 Banner

The cold wind bites at you, as you wrap your cloak around your shoulders. Peering upwards you see the flicker of lit fires nestled within the mountaintop. Will you safely traverse the trials that the mountain holds for you? - Find out in Stairway to Ascension.

What is Cursed Painting?

Cursed Painting is an Interactive Fantasy Adventure Game, inspired by classic tabletop roleplaying games playable on any Alexa enabled device, including Android and iOS!

Cursed Painting Trailer

Alexa Skill page

What's New?
- Cursed Painting is now completely Free to Play, the starting adventure as well as all 5 expansions!
- A Brand-new area to explore, with new events, encounters and dangerous obstacles to overcome
- Totally redesigned combat engine, with new skills and abilities to learn as well as a multitude of new monsters and hostile enemies
- The Headless Horseman joins the ranks of the weekly raids, join forces with other adventurers to bring down the Horseman once and for all

To start your adventure, simply say - "Alexa, Open Cursed Painting!".

Update!

Patch 1.5.1 has now been released for Cursed Painting! This new patch includes several small bug fixes, as well as new events and encounters within the Forest for you to experience.

2020-12-28 16:08:05

sounds lit, how do I get to this new expansion pack? Looking to trying this all out. and all free to play? Sounds lit as well.

Jonathan Candler, A.K.A, Jonnyboy

2020-12-28 16:58:05

we cant play it in germany?

2020-12-28 21:50:24

Hi @Atlan, I can play the Game and I‘m from Germany

Best Regards

Werner_Katz

I like to meet new People.
Feel free to follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/katzwerner?lang=de

2020-12-28 22:58:48

ok how? must i register an amazon.com account?

2020-12-28 23:19:33

@johnnyboy1991

It's all free to play now, the latest expansion pack - Stairway to Ascension; is an 'end game' expansion. So you would just need to make your way through the content and you would naturally find yourself progressing there.

@Atlan

You can indeed play it in Germany, you just need to have an Amazon account set up and an Amazon Alexa activated device or a Smart Phone, where you can get the Alexa App from the Google Play/ IoS store. Once you have that, just open the app, tap the central button at the top and simply say - "Alexa, Open Cursed Painting!".

2020-12-28 23:22:38

ok.
with my german amazon account it doesnt work.

2020-12-28 23:51:10

Hi @ wonder word this is awesome i am playing expansion two right now. A bit off-topic but your other game is unreachable.

regards
Hannes Fouche
Access gaming my YouTube channel https://youtube.com/channel/UC8CshzvGHEy2eR5L86nMM5A

2020-12-28 23:58:35

hello. @1, the mountain in the forest is expantion 5, right? also how do I know which expantion I'm on. currently I believe I'm on 1, which I think is the monistary and the farmer thing. also, I think there should be a way to sell items and get gold. I have weapons that I don't really need on me.

I love audio games.

2020-12-29 00:10:39 (edited by Werner_Katz 2020-12-29 00:19:21)

Hi @Atlan,

You have to change the language and region on your Iphone  to English. I hope you can play the Cursed Painting.  If that‚S not work try to change the amazon store to English.

Best regards
Werner_Katz

I like to meet new People.
Feel free to follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/katzwerner?lang=de

2020-12-29 16:39:13

@Atlan
If you are still having any problems, please just DM me your email address and I can get in touch with you directly to help with this!

@Hannes
I've received your email regarding this little problem, have replied to you today.

@sethgamer
The Old Monastery is in Chapter 1, you'll know when you reach Chapter 2 when you are introduced to The Travelling Bard.

2020-12-29 17:45:36

@11, I seem to have encountered an issue. I said abilities while in combat, and it listed all my attacks. however, I can't get back to combat. is there a way to fix this? and whatever I say brings me to the welcome screen as if I'm restarting the game when it's already started.

I love audio games.

2020-12-29 21:24:27

Thanks @wonder word i think i found a bug in the game when  checking which skills you have the game does not allow me to continue playing. it just keeps repeating the same prompt i had to restart

regards
Hannes Fouche
Access gaming my YouTube channel https://youtube.com/channel/UC8CshzvGHEy2eR5L86nMM5A

2020-12-29 23:45:30

same bug I have. I really don't want to restart.

I love audio games.

2020-12-31 15:23:51

is there any way to fix this bug? nothing I try works. it just brings me to the welcome screen no matter what I say.

I love audio games.

2020-12-31 16:16:07 (edited by Wanderword 2020-12-31 16:16:18)

@sethgamer & @hannes

Our Team here at Wanderword are looking into this currently, would you both be able to DM me the email address you have set up your Amazon Alexa device/ app with?

2020-12-31 16:39:03

I can.

I love audio games.

2020-12-31 16:43:59

sorry for the double post, but what do you need this email for exactly?

I love audio games.

2020-12-31 17:37:40

@sethgamer
We use this just so we can check on your current saved game in Cursed Painting, it just allows us to experience the problem you're having directly - so we can solve it quicker!

2020-12-31 17:54:20

ah. I see. it really isn't much of a problem. just a list bug?

I love audio games.

2020-12-31 18:37:28 (edited by hannes 2020-12-31 18:42:36)

@wonderword i am unable to show you where i was as i alredy restarted right after coming across this bug here are my stats how ever i was a level 11 adventurer with the following abilities regeneration power attack blinding attack and prepare i almost finished the game, i was in combat when the bug occurred i asked for the abilities i had however at first it just repeated the seen so i quit and then i came back to the game and it red my abilities out but i got stuck in that dialogue as there was no exit / continue prompt from that dialogue it just kept repeating that seen my apologies once again however if it happens again i will send you a mail it is registered on the same address i contacted you with.

regards
Hannes Fouche

2021-01-01 02:57:06

I sent you a pm with the email, @wanderword

I love audio games.

2021-01-01 16:49:42

any updates for the bug fixing?

I love audio games.

2021-01-02 20:11:43

Hi.
Wow. Thanks for the update.
How have you been able to make the game free?

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2021-01-02 23:57:55

still wanting to play this game and not restart. if only I hadn't said that word. just wanted to check my attacks. and was surprised they didn't add a back command. and my game is still stuck because of this. hope this'll be resolved soon. if only there was a way they could roll my game back to before that moment. though I doubt that's even possible. the word I said was abilities by the way.

I love audio games.