2021-07-14 01:55:57

So, bringing this topic back as Audio Themes addon for nvda is broken in 2021.1 as we all know. Any word on the astronomical ram usage? If that's fixed, I will absolutely get this and the update to 2021.1 won't be nearly as bad.

2021-07-14 17:49:05

So. Current version in post 50, still having config corruption. Even after naming both the folder and the exeecutable Guangrong3d.
However, try this on for size.

2021-07-14 21:08:26 (edited by keyIsFull 2021-07-14 21:13:37)

did someone translate it or what? I downloade from the link in post 50 but didn't get that.
Also, I couldn't find a way to make it disable the dumb keyboard typing sounds.

I like to sleep, Sleep is good,
This is how I do it: Lie on a nice warm cozy bed, and dream dreams about how to rule the world!
Follow @TheGreatAthlon5 on twitter for humorous facts and game updates!
If you like my posts, thumb me up!

2021-07-14 21:13:08

Can anyone confirm that this program doesn't leak anymore? NVDA runs much faster for me without AudioThemes, so I'd love to use this instead.

Trying to free my mind before the end of the world.

2021-07-14 21:14:15 (edited by keyIsFull 2021-07-14 21:15:57)

Nope, it's still leaking as far as I can tell. Every second it adds on another mb or so of memory usage. Though it's weird because all of the problems reported as early as post 2 are still in the version I downloaded so I'm not even sure if I'm on the latest one because we have no version number.
Edit: there are entries for version 2021.2 in the changelog, so I guess it really is the latest one, but the ram usage is still going through the roof.  up to 87 mb in about two minutes of usage.

I like to sleep, Sleep is good,
This is how I do it: Lie on a nice warm cozy bed, and dream dreams about how to rule the world!
Follow @TheGreatAthlon5 on twitter for humorous facts and game updates!
If you like my posts, thumb me up!

2021-07-14 21:16:41

That isn't even the worst problem. The config file still corrupts, even after naming the folder and executable with an English name.
@Keyisfull re: translation, that was actually my own doing. Nuno translated most of the text, and some of the newer/rearranged menu options I translated. I changed the control attributes on NVDA's end, so, in theory, this translation should survive version updates. Of course, I'm hoping they'll just change the localization eventually, as there are some caeats to this approach. For one  thing, the window needs to be fully maximized, and in addition it probably won't carry over on other screen resolutions, that is unless I can work around that.

2021-07-14 22:25:29

OK, reportedthe error.Wait

If you want to contact me, do not use the forum PM. I respond once a year or two, when I need to write a PM myself. I apologize for the inconvenience.
Telegram: Nuno69a
E-Mail: nuno69a (at) gmail (dot) com

2021-07-15 01:49:28

@Nuno: Thanks. It's fair to note to them that this is, like, a defcon5 level problem, as the software is nearly useless for all non-unicode machines, not to mention the fact this error has gone on a full year unchecked. I have no problem at all with the fact the software hasn't been fully translated out of the box, that's ok, but this is a show-stopper, and owing to the fact we found this bug early on I presume this is not the first time you've reported it to the developer. That is, unless Locale Emulator can fix this, which I've yet to try so I'm not sure on that one.

2021-07-15 17:01:36

Update: running in Locale Emulator still doesn't fix the problem.

2021-07-15 18:53:30

I'm surprised they haven't fixed the memory leak. I'd think that'd also be a defcon5 issue. Memory leaks are never, ever a good thing.

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

2021-07-15 20:30:18

@Ethin, I mean: If they never intended for the app to touch a non-unicode computer, then it wouldn't be so high-priority, though that's alienating a metric crap-ton of users. And there really isn't much excuse given ZDSR and company figured their shit out early on. Someone is not going to be able to change their system region just to save the bloody configuration, particularly when they don't have the necessary keyboard to even use it. I also get the impression the programmer is a newbie when it comes to memory management, because there is no reason why sounds should be repeatedly loaded into ram. If this were a non-program-specific issue, think. No sample library developer would ever load their contents into ram and would stick to disk streaming exclusively.
So, yeah. Great concept, but again, this is something that NVDA should be jumping on with speech refactor giving them the opportunity.