2020-12-10 19:27:31

This is a post on Aprone's behalf, since he no longer visits this forum.
At the time of writing this, this is the second game I've released to the audiogames community that I did not actually invent myself.  The first was Triple Triad, which was a mini game from the Final Fantasy games I believe, and now this game which is the original rule set of GridCannon, by Tom Francis.
I normally do Not like using other people's designs in my games, but this game is just Too good to pass up.  I have enjoyed this little solitare card game ever since I first read about it from Tom's website, and have even taught it to my little nephew.  The audiogames community should have this game too.
When putting this together I found that Tom updated the rules to GridCannon, which in my view, make the game a bit easier.  I'm not super into making games easier so I've stuck to the rules as I first learned them.  Tom Francis' website can be found here:  https://www.pentadact.com/2019-08-20-gr … ing-cards/

Controls:
Space draws the next card in your deck
Enter places a card
Tab cycles screen reader settings
Z reminds you of the card you've drawn, and are trying to place on the grid
X cycles you quickly between spots on the grid that are valid places to place your current card
C toggles how spots on the grid are read by the screen reader
V tells you how many cards are left in your deck
Escape gets you back to the main menu

Sorry about the rush job done on this.  I literally only had like 5 hours so I cut every corner I could!  big_smile       - Aprone
Download link: www.kaldobsky.com/audiogames/cannons.zip

2020-12-10 19:34:55

Aprone's stuff is always welcome here, and i reckon i'm not speaking only for myself.

Hail, Daughter of Hatred. Creator of Sanctuary. Hail...Lilith.

2020-12-10 20:11:07

I am not personally into card games, most of the time, but I am glad he is still working on games. smile

Who am I? Simply me!

2020-12-10 20:22:54

I think, that maybe Aprone has a good reasons to not visit this community. My reason was same and It is due to some people, which have worse behaviour, as a children.

Ja volim samo kafu sa Rakijom.

2020-12-10 21:07:29

Aprone wwill always be my favourite dev. He alwways went outside the box and dared to impliment stuff in the mainstream into audiogames. So looking forward to this one.

You ain't done nothin' if you ain't been cancelled
_____
I'm working on a playthrough series of the space 4X game Aurora4x. Find it here

2020-12-11 09:23:59

I like him. It's sad that he doesn't feel like coming here anymore but well, to each their own I guess. But his creativity is something I admire. I'll probably give this little thing a go at some point if I don't forget.

Why do ghost hunters have to hunt ghosts? Well, there's a fear of being ghosted out there. They may need therapy as well as their ghost hunting kit.

2020-12-11 09:46:04

Hi.
It doesn't sounds like my kind of game, but nice that Aprone is still developing new games.
Something I don't understand is, why he doesn't post the news here on the forum himself, and then just don't take part of all the other discussions, which have nothing to do with his own games. He could just concentrate on his own stuff and don't focus on all the other shit here on the forum. But it's of course his choice.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2020-12-11 11:59:09

SLJ wrote:

Hi.
It doesn't sounds like my kind of game, but nice that Aprone is still developing new games.
Something I don't understand is, why he doesn't post the news here on the forum himself, and then just don't take part of all the other discussions, which have nothing to do with his own games. He could just concentrate on his own stuff and don't focus on all the other shit here on the forum. But it's of course his choice.

I think due to some stupid people here, who wants only to play games and they can't discuss normally.

2020-12-11 13:23:21

it's because of the crap that goes on here. the entitlement mentality, the wining that constantly goes on here.

2020-12-11 13:34:49

The door is wide open, you know.

2020-12-11 14:20:46

good game, I enjoyed it too much

2020-12-11 17:55:46

@9, this statement even as you're about one of the most winy and entitled in the new releases room.

But Saying it again, Aprone was ran offf the forums, so I don't blame him.

You ain't done nothin' if you ain't been cancelled
_____
I'm working on a playthrough series of the space 4X game Aurora4x. Find it here

2020-12-12 12:13:51

Assuming I understood the rules correctly, I found a minor bug.
When a card is wearing an armour and a new card is given to it, the armour is replaced.
In my opinion, it should be strengthened.
However, if this is intentional, then you can add an insane difficulty where:
The armour is strengthened instead of replaced.
If a card's armour reaches 21 or more, the game is instantly lost.

2020-12-13 12:29:28

great game aprone as usual. defeated the computer on medium difficulty, going to try hard mode next. if anyone wants a tutorial/playthrough of the game, let me know and I wil do one

can i get a peace double harmony burger? no chaos

2020-12-14 07:43:26

hi david, when you speak to aprone, can you ask him for these requests.....its nothing major if he doesn't add them, just small key strokes for the game
-hot key that jumps you to the different canons on the board.

-hot key that jumps you to the different royal enemies.

-sound effect when firing a canon

-sound effect when an enemy is destroyed
again these are not
request that have to be in the game, the game is perfect without them. idk how he put this together in 5hours lol wow that's freakin skill. I love puzzle games, so this was right up my alley, still trying to beat the game on hard

can i get a peace double harmony burger? no chaos

2023-07-25 17:51:38

Hello.
Here is Marco. I love this game. I know, this is old topic, but I love solitaire games. I've rediscovered It today.

2023-07-26 16:17:57

You ... resurrected a 3 year old topic to say you love the game? Wow dude!

Follow me on twitch
And
Subscribe to my youtube
Leave a thumbs up if you like what I write.

2023-07-26 16:46:59

Why not?
It is also good to resurrect some topics. smile
No. I just love such solitaire games and many of those are only with sapi, but not with screen reader.