2020-11-20 00:58:36

@aaron yes it would.

I've been going by Bryn, which is now reflected in my profile. Please do your best to respect this :) Mess ups are totally OK though, I don't mind and totally understand!
Follow on twitter! @ItsBrynify
Thanks, enjoy, thumbs up, share, like, hate, exist, do what ya do,
my website: brynify.me

2020-11-22 22:23:32

Hi I'm getting the error fatal error detected failed to run script ch

2020-11-23 17:05:26

Hi Greg,

I have a couple of questions to help you fix the issue. Which version are you running? Check the top line of the changelog.

If it's version 2.0, then redownload the game. I've made changes to fix errors on launch in newer versions.

If it's 2.02 or newer, please email me or paste here the contents of data\errors.log to help me diagnose your issue.

Thanks!

I've been going by Bryn, which is now reflected in my profile. Please do your best to respect this :) Mess ups are totally OK though, I don't mind and totally understand!

2020-11-23 21:45:12

I actually got that same error in 2.02.  Oddly enough, deleting the log file fixed it.

2020-11-23 23:01:47

Weird. It could've been what Python likes to call an OSError, were you running it out of a Dropbox folder? Sometimes that tends to mess it up, as Python can't access the file if it's being used by Dropbox;.

2020-11-24 03:58:28

Hi Mason I sent you an email with the error log.

2020-11-24 16:53:53

Hi,

So I looked at the error log, and it seems like it's unable to extract it's files to the temporary directory needed to run the game, which is odd to say the least. You're not the first I've seen this happen to, and I haven't found a fix for that odd behavior yet. If you have a copy of it, try placing the NVDAControllerClient64.dll (Yes 64, not 32) in the same folder as the game and try running again. It may not work, but just a thought/theory.

If you need to know where you can find this file,

http://www.nvda-project.org/nvdaControl … 0100219.7z

2020-11-24 16:55:06

@104 I believe I know why you are getting the error, and I believe it's for a different reason entirely, and *that* particular error I have a fix for in 2.03.

2020-11-24 21:17:42

Hi,
I've noticed in endless mode, enemies no longer drop hazard covers. Is this by design?

2020-11-24 23:34:09

Hi Aaron,

Yes, this is by design.

2020-11-24 23:34:24

Hi guys!

CH version 2.04 has just been released, fixing quite a few bugs and adding a few new fun features! Also, the scoreboard has been cleared for this new version. You will find a clear high score option in your main menu when you run it.

2020-11-25 01:36:34

@masonasongs, was wanting to beet you, but evil car + blade didn't want too, it seems, next time i guess lol, 2: mohamedSulaiman made it to level 69. Damage: 180. Range: 80. Potion Power: 50. Max health: 6000. Space decrease: 20. Invincibility against bombs. Obstacle Spacing: 24.

2020-11-25 02:09:56

Hi guys,

Sorry for such a quick update, but I've noticed people having troubles putting in their registration info, especially on mac OS. I've just developed a solution which may help with this a lot, and I call it auto registration. The way it works is you select all and copy the entire contents of the registration email, and select the first option in the new registration menu. The game will then find the registration info from within this text by itself and attempt to register automatically. I hope this helps a lot of people with registration. I wanted to make it as easy as possible.

2020-11-25 02:49:24

awesome I'm downloading it right now.

2020-11-25 03:05:30

Hi Mason I tried doing what you said and no luck after downloading the latest version of the game.

2020-11-25 04:01:16

So somebody convinced me to purchase this, saying that I would enjoy playing and... they weren't entirely wrong? I have quite a few suggestions for the endless mode.
I should begin this by saying that I made it to level 73 my first attempt. That should tell you that something needs to be changed... unless you expect everybody to not struggle as much.
Right. My suggestions. Umm, here we go.
Cut back the effectiveness of obstacle spacing, weapon range,  weapon damage, and potion effectiveness by a half. It takes zero effort to get them to stupidly high levels. Seriously, my main issue was figuring out where do I need the points, which ended up being in board decreasing skill.
Cut down health improvement by 70%, making it increase your hp by 225. My first playthrough ended up being concerned with hazards more than enemies, literally everything was either dead or did laughable damage when it got to me.
Make the board decreasing skill slightly more effective. By slightly I mean 25 or so squares instead of 20. It's kind of sad to see the board shrink by 8 or so tiles instead of the promised amount.
Consider filling up the board with more obstacles. The decrease in effectiveness of obstacle spacing should help with that, but I still think the board would be too empty. I was bored out of my mind 90% of the time.
Make the enemies scale in health and the inflicted damage to encourage the player to continuously invest in skills rather than increase them by 12 or so points each and call it quits
Add more stuff to the map. No, seriously. Where are the choppers?
To vary up the gameplay, why not include a scoring system? I don't really like how we just get somebody's level, what if we have various point factors? Consider this:
the sword is the best weapon in the game. No, seriously. Ungoddly range with the range skill and no need to reload, what's the drawback? Make that give the player, say, 25 points for killing an enemy with it. Compare this with the knife which has pretty shotty damage and range and encourage the player to kill more stuff with it by rewarding, say 50 points. Or how bout your fists? Even worse! Let's make it 75 points! What if you decrease the player's score based on how many points they decide to use? After all, the more points, the easier the game, so why not encourage avoiding points as much as you can by making each point subtract 10 points from the player's score? You could reward the player for having, uh, pardon me, balls of steal, by applying a score multiplier based on how close they were to death when hey finish a level, say, 2x for being under 5% health? The multiplier would steadily decrease until it was back at 1 at 100% health, but if you want to be evil, make the score decrease as the player is not taking any risks. The decrease is small, say, 5%, but over time it will add up.
Make specific range skills for every weapon. This will also encourage the players to spread out those points and make it slightly more difficult to invest in something more powerful. And even if they do, its their loss if you decide to implement my rewards system.
Reduce the chances of enemies dropping items. I had 50 potions when I died because of a spike. 50! This should also reduce the amount of ammo possessed by the player and make the game a bit more tactical.
Add more ambiences and tiles. It's tiring to hear the same loop for 1 hour.
I have more, but I want to see the responses first. I'm sure somebody is going to have something to say, and I wouldn't want to waste anybody's time if this is not the direction you wish the game to head in.

2020-11-25 04:36:27

Hi there,

Making it to level 73 isn't entirely bad IMO.

Those skills are how they are in the first place because I had them how you suggested in an earlier version and it was hard to even get any kind of use out of them.

I can cut down the health skill, but maybe not quite to 225. Maybe 500?

I plan to actually make the board shrinking skill more effective.

Choppers do spawn after level 20 and cars spawn after level 30, to increase the variety of gameplay.

I did want to add more ambiences and tiles, just haven't gotten around to doing it yet.

I like your scoring system idea, however that wasn't really where I wanted the game to go and I feel it would overcomplicate the spirit of the game.

2020-11-25 10:03:13

Hi all,
I actually agree with amerikranian here, here are a few points I've written down below.
They're a mix of ideas and bug reports:

1. I don't think that the enemies have the cool down timer when using the grenades, wow.
2. The throwing sound doesn't play when an enemy throws a grenade.
3. there should be a sound when using a hazard cover.
4. in more than one occasion, There was a helicopter above me and it just blew up on its own in the air, no bombs were around, nothing.
5. I think when you blow up a helicopter it should make a hazard area at the spot the helicopter got destroyed on.
6. in the latest version you can hit hazards, cars and spikes with your sword, umm... I get it it's a new feature but it doesn't make sense. I liked it more when you can destroy spikes with grenades, and hazards with hazard covers. This honestly has killed the game for me. Even though I know that you'll lose 2 damage points when hitting them but still.
7. Balancing issues. You can easily get to the point where you can hit spikes and stuff from level 12. I think you should reconsider the skill points thing and how much one skill point can effect a stat.
8. I don't know if it's just me, but sometimes when I hit an enemy with the sword, the sword hitting sound position is different than the actual enemy position.
9. I like the sound that indicates that all enemies have been killed, it would be nice if there is another sound that indicates all enemies have been killed, but there are still items left to pick up.

2020-11-25 10:39:11

@amerikranian
This was always an issue with the various Scrolling Battles games too.  I don't know why Mason loves god mode so much, but it gets really boring, really fast.  To each their own I suppose...

2020-11-25 16:06:47

uh guys maybe i'm being selfish but i had paid account when he released new cryme hunter 1.0? yeah.
Should i have to buy it again?

Yours kindly

2020-11-25 17:15:14

@giorgi elbaqidze if you purchased 1.0 way back when, then yes, you will have to buy again.
@americranian and others who think damaging spikes kills the game: I do sort of get where you are coming from, but I wouldn't cut it down too much. I actually think of it more like a class-based game now, and it would not make much sense to decrease things too much. However, why not increase the amount of damage points lost from 2 to 5? This way if you destroyed 10 hazards on a level you'd lose 50 damage. Also, the changelog does specifically bullets but the sword can destroy things, is this also by design though or was that an accident? I think other skills should stay fairly close to what they are, to keep the class/build-type experience.
*do I want to be a God, damaging everything in my path, but with little health. Eventually, you'll die, period, trust me, you will. Especially as the more hazards you hit the more damage you lose, yes you can build it up again, but that's also the game: you won't be able to improve other skills because you'll be too focused on damage, and trust me, eventually it will get you nowhere. Especially if you jump into a blade when you try to avoid losing your damage, and, squish.
*I can be a ranged character, doing little damage and with little health. This is more risky, no hazards can be damaged in this state.
*I could be a ranged character who can have healing power for my potions. If I'm out of potions, that's it, you are not guaranteed to get any through items and if you have one point, and a bunch of blades and such... you run the risk of being toast. Oh, and as for the bank, you will have to survive long enough to get slots.
You could say it takes little effort, but I also think that's the point. Think of it as a character class that will always reset at the end. Also, level 70? No way. I am nowhere near that point. I'm at around level 30, and squished by a blade lest I lose damage for hitting one.

2020-11-25 18:02:28

when updating the game, it just crashes and sais not responding...

best regards
never give up on what ever you are doing.

2020-11-25 18:15:09

Agree with @121. Well said.

@122 it does that. Just give it time and eventually it will pull the update down.

2020-11-26 01:28:13

A pity. This has quite a bit of potential, and yet god mode makes this quite boring to play. Made it to 102 this time before intentionally jumping into a hazard. At this point it's not how hard the game is, rather how persistent you are.
Decreasing health to 500 won't do anything if my other suggestions get left out. Honestly, I wouldn't even bother with reducing health if you're not planning to get rid of the ability to essentially become invincible.
I'll keep an eye on this, but as of right now, this was mostly money wasted

2020-11-26 06:57:23

Hi does anyone know of a solution to fix the error at startup.  It says fatal error detected failed to run script Ch?