2020-10-16 17:32:19

hello everyone. So I have previously made threads asking about the accessibility of block-based coding programs. Well with that not coming to any good result, I ended up working with my teacher to try and figure out a different solution. the solution we have come up with is me going ahead and learning repl. So, a lot of things have been working with it. I can write in the editor and and I can see a lot of the buttons, but then when I hit the run button I cannot see the output of the code. So I was wondering if anyone has used repl, and if so, how did you get around this issue? is there a way to see the output or is that part of the program still inaccessible? Any answers, help or advice you can give would be much appreciated.

It seems that common sense is a lost art. I am here as a special type of artist to bring that beauty back. If you don't like my work, prove that yours is better. Paint me a beautiful picture of life. Otherwise, I have no interest.

2020-10-16 18:09:41

I'm not sure if the repl is specific software or the general concept of a repl.   You should just use the command line version if you can.  You're not going to have much luck with GUI programming tools outside a very few specific options like VSCode.

My Blog
Twitter: @ajhicks1992

2020-10-16 18:28:26

yeah. i wa kind of thinking around the same lines with all of the problems I have been having. I don't know if it will be possible but I am definitely thinking about trying. problem is, with the labs I am doing, there are specific files in the repl project that I would ned and I don't know if I can get them onto the computer itself to use in the commandline version.

It seems that common sense is a lost art. I am here as a special type of artist to bring that beauty back. If you don't like my work, prove that yours is better. Paint me a beautiful picture of life. Otherwise, I have no interest.

2020-10-16 18:38:58

I mean, you say the repl.  Is this a specific programming language?

My Blog
Twitter: @ajhicks1992

2020-10-16 20:02:51

@4 I think he means repl.it

2020-10-16 20:53:10

@5 yes. That is correct. repl.it.
@4 sorry for not being too clear on that before.

2020-10-16 21:27:42

@6,, it is not accessible at all.

2020-10-17 06:33:20

@7: Well, I mean, that is not entirely true. I did do some reading, and from what I found there are ways to work with it when using screen readers. It's not perfect and I don't know if it is going to end up working out for me, but I definitely wouldn't say that it is totally inaccessible. There are actually a surprising number of things that do work accessibly. The one main problem is that one of the key parts of it that I need in fact does not work accessibly, so that is very much an issue.
At this point I am just going to hope that I can use the command line version of python instead, as that seems to be one of my only remaining options for the moment.