2020-10-16 08:32:48

hey friends, so, i log out from skype and login again. some times it gives me like when you open a chat, then we should click a handi back button to get back to skype and open another chat. but some times, i don't have any back button. it opens the chat on skype only. it means from there only i can open chat. but i liked that handi back button thing. can any one tell me how to set it to get the back button in each chat if i open?

if you like this post, please thum it up!
if you like to see my projects, feel free to check out my github
if you want to contact me, you can do here by skype. or you can follow me on twitter: @bhanuponguru
discord: bhanu#7882

2020-10-16 08:57:25

use with focus mode, it'd be somewhat decent,
in focus mode, instead of back button, you could do ault 1, ault shift e for jumping to edit box, etc

allow me to speak more,
catch me on Twitter
or, Mastodon

2020-10-16 13:24:09

Hello,
@1: Why a back button? You can switch between conversations directly using the latest conversations list in the upper part of he site, or use alt+2 if I remember right to switch to your contacts list.

best regards

Rastislav

2020-10-16 13:40:21

If the window is minimized, it switches into mobile mode. Probably he mend that.

Lamas with hats, but with sponge bob as carl Stay tuned.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvAUQt … subscriber

2020-10-16 17:02:19

The back button is displayed based on how much space is being taken up by the window on your desktop. To get it to show, keep the app minimized.

As others have said though, Skype contains keyboard shortcuts for a reason and you'd be better off learning them for productivity.

2020-10-16 17:45:58

@3
when where is a back button, then when i hit on a chat it's opening. but when there is no back button, then it takes time to load the chat if i open another chat previously.
@5
i din't get your point. i minimized skype and din't get a button

if you like this post, please thum it up!
if you like to see my projects, feel free to check out my github
if you want to contact me, you can do here by skype. or you can follow me on twitter: @bhanuponguru
discord: bhanu#7882

2020-10-16 19:06:54

While it's true there are keyboard shortcuts, that's kind of not the point. When you have a back button in  a conversation, then you are able to close an opened chat and not be in any conversation. If not however, each time you open a chat, you have no way of closing it and going back to home, if you can call it that. Let's say, the equivalent of pressing Ctrl plus W in classic Skype to close a conversation. The back button does indeed appear only when the app is minimised. If you want to prevent the issue of lag when switching conversations, you must use the split view, which will keep chats  in separate windows, allowing you to close and open them as you wish with alt f4, but also won't lag when a chat is opened.

2020-10-16 20:02:30 (edited by bgt lover 2020-10-16 20:04:08)

I have this lagging thingi as well, but on mobile it doesn't do it as much. Btw, is there any practical reason for it lagging? I mean, I really don't see any, besides maybe a poor design choice involving loading the most recent 40 or so messages completely in memory and electron hogging the processor even more because of that?

2020-10-16 21:15:27

Hah. I've wondered where the back button went for months. Good to know.