2020-10-01 22:32:46 (edited by Turkce_Rap 2020-10-01 23:36:30)

Hi guys, i plan to publish some texts regarding blind people issues. as a male i'Ve made a thread regarding the discriminations blind men had. i will be happy to read if any bllind females here make the reverse version of this thread.

soLet's share Our experiences   from the cultural approach aspect. it's better if you tell us where did You reside on this planet too.

For a side note: All the premade questions have been deleted by me. due to chritical  comments regarding this thread  and it's non academic context. SO i've decided to re edit it.

2020-10-01 22:54:12

I kind of feel like I need to point out that if you're doing a worldwide sexuality study you should have academic credentials, that making this blind man to sighted woman is at least borderline sexist, and that anything said here is being said on a public forum where anyone can see your responses.

My Blog
Twitter: @ajhicks1992

2020-10-01 23:03:17

OK so not an academic, but having seen studies and surveys like this that will be used for actual research, there are generally things that are missing here. Disclaimers and notices, and links to a review board or some sort of oversight committee are all missing. Then the language is a bit iffy as well.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2020-10-01 23:18:19 (edited by Turkce_Rap 2020-10-01 23:40:07)

@2

i don't have intentions to be politicaly correct so, i don'T think doing  research on male issues nor for it's female version suppose to be sexist. An other person can make a thread regarding reverse version and i can happyly contribute that to. For being it's public, You don't have to sign Your answer with Your name so  no problem.

i've named it research though, you can name it chat on world wide cultures and prejudices.

2020-10-01 23:19:42 (edited by Turkce_Rap 2020-10-01 23:41:04)

@3
Ok, maybe the term research was wrong and i will edit the title. Thanks for pointing out.

2020-10-01 23:41:42 (edited by defender 2020-10-01 23:46:22)

Yeah I kinda find it weird that it has to just be males talking about females too... what about gay or bisexual guys?  What about women, it just seems to be pointlessly limiting the discussion.
And sure someone else could make another topic, but why not just do it right the first time?  Why break up the talk into two threads, that just makes it harder to follow.
I'm not assuming you are trying to be discriminatory here, but I think you could have planned this better...
Cuz at this point, if I posted on the thread I'd feel like I was just being a winy "nice guy™" participating in a woe is me  circlejerk session, regardless of my disability making social stuff hard.

2020-10-01 23:57:09

@4
The problem is that it shows that you think that there is something special about blind men and sighted women.  it's not about political correctness.

I know some countries are different when it comes to relationships, maybe there women don't get to make the choice or something.

But to be blunt, I'm a blind gay man, I go on the kinky gay man web site, and I have no problem finding almost-strangers who are happy to let me tie them up alone in my house and hit them with things after we've barely met.  If you're starting from some idea that this is really different because we're blind, it's not.  If you want sex you can go online and find it no problem. If you want a significant other you can make friends and maybe it becomes something more.  It's just like anyone else out there.

If you're trying to "overcome prejudice" or something, that relationship isn't going to last.  "I found someone who thought blind men were incapable, but I changed their mind and we've been married for 20 years" is a fantasy.  Try it in the real world and it's not going to end well.

I am 99% sure that you just want advice.  If that's the case, just ask for advice.  Don't try to make it some sort of creepy sexist survey.

My Blog

2020-10-02 00:08:14 (edited by defender 2020-10-02 00:24:10)

@Camlorn
Your a dom?  Ya know this explains allot.
Or maybe it's the other way around...

2020-10-02 00:47:20

@8
The stereotypes are really inaccurate.  You really can't tell which side of that someone's going to fall on without asking.  I'm more SM than D/s anyway.  Had the D/s phase and it wasn't for me.

Won't say more than that unless this thread goes that far off the rails without my help.  I'm comfortable enough talking about it, but teenager land isn't necessarily the place to give specifics.  I wanted to make the point that this assumption that it's somehow different is flawed, and I've done that.  Yeah it's harder for us to meet people--man, do I ever know that--but beyond that, nah, it's the same, even when you're as weird as me.

My Blog

2020-10-02 05:13:32

On the one hand, Britain is incredibly crappy for blind people anyway, on the other I'm hardly a typical example since when you start with genophobia and all the other issues I had to deal with, then suddenly run into a relationship so perfect describing it feels like talking about a bad romance novel, my experiences are hardly typical or something anyone could draw real conclusions from.

I would say there is something valuable in discussing this, and obviously I have in the past in previous topics, but where I'd be more than happy to just have a friendly chat among blind people, be they straight, gay, bisexual, male female or whatever about my experiences and listen to theirs, I'm afraid framing that chat in the guise of a less than academic sounding "research project" which even starts off on a pretty sticky wicket in terms of wording, professionalism, representation and so on discourages me from wanting to talk about things quite a lot.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2020-10-02 09:33:30

@camlorn
Haha fare enough, it was mostly a joke anyway, but I take your point.

2020-10-02 10:53:31

@camlorn
Each title brings up differant matters under differant context. as a heterosexual married man i haven'T made this thread for my own self problems but, wanted to hear what happends around differant places of this planet since i also came across discriminatory attitudes personally before that.
again as i said each side has their own problems so they're not the same. example i'Ve heard from many blind or vi women who lives in the same country that while sighted females more tendent to date blind males than sighted males shows more negative  approach twoards dating blind women however i can't prove it.

@dark

i would love to know more about Britain hope we can hear more from you. by the way actually this thread might be improved. there were templated questions when i made this thread  at first but, rather than how to make this thread better or discuss the original topic.   People prefered questioning it's methodology  so the thread hijacked already.

2020-10-02 16:28:16

@12
Most of the people on this site live in places where the genders are roughly equal in terms of being able/willing to initiate things and the like.  You should approach the discussion with that in mind.  I have no idea where you are, but you're coming across like you're 30 years in the past, from the perspective of people in the U.S. or UK.

My Blog

2020-10-02 19:32:26

@camlorn
i always love Your programming related posts but, Enough with Your ad hominem arguements. This thread has nothing to do with Gender equality nor does  it have anything against it. So stop.

heteros  have their own problems. Gays also theirs too. we can examine differant problems under differant titles. Hope that helps otherwise i m really bored with this.

2020-10-02 20:13:35

Camlorn is totally right. You guys have no idea what's out there. The craziest stuff you can imagine. And even if you're blind, there's nothing stopping you from enjoying it, nor should it stop you from dating or having relationships either.

ReferenceError: Signature is not defined.

2020-10-02 20:27:35 (edited by Turkce_Rap 2020-10-02 20:29:58)

@15
HE is right about what? There is nothing to stop you havving fun although You're blind thats true. but, can You share your experiences with us? if you're that successful what are your approach methods, move etc?

2020-10-02 20:32:41

@14
I'm not saying that heterosexual couples don't have unique problems as compared to gay people: for one thing, they generally don't have to fear for their lives.  I'm saying that this idea that blind men have unique problems as opposed to blind women, and that "I'm doing a study, here's a survey, let's talk about how we've overcome prejudice of sighted women against blind men" is at best tone deaf and creepy.  I'm hoping this is a language issue or something like that, not you actually intending to come across how you're coming across here.

be mad at me all you want, but please at least be mad at me for the point I'm making, not the point you've decided I'm making.  I should have just made up an example rather than drawing from my personal experience, I guess.

My Blog

2020-10-02 21:23:22

camlorn wrote:

@14
I'm not saying that heterosexual couples don't have unique problems as compared to gay people: for one thing, they generally don't have to fear for their lives..

as a Libertarian person i will stand for social and economical freedoms regardless of who's liberties have been taken. no matter weather gays, heteros, hispanics, whites blacks what ever although i m not the sjw kind.

camlorn wrote:

@14I'm saying that this idea that blind men have unique problems as opposed to blind women, and that "I'm doing a study, here's a survey, let's talk about how we've overcome prejudice of sighted women against blind men" is at best tone deaf and creepy.  I'm hoping this is a language issue or something like that, not you actually intending to come across how you're coming across here.

You say that, i didn't. my goal was to talk about Blind men's problems but, never in a crippy  way. as i said above. i m maried already and had sighted girl friends too. but, i hear from some friends havving blindness related problems it may not be reality in Your country though  reality for some others. so it should be discussed.

i agree with you on one thing about survay  and i've already editted it.

camlorn wrote:

@14
be mad at me all you want, but please at least be mad at me for the point I'm making, not the point you've decided I'm making.  I should have just made up an example rather than drawing from my personal experience, I guess.

i m not mad at You. it's just an internet board i got more things to consider in real life. i only dislike Your way of using ad hominem arguements thats it.

2020-10-02 22:07:00

How's he doing that. The idea is to create a study that approaches these things from an open point of view, or at least, it should be. He's not attacking you, he's stating that the study should be approaching the topic without any inborn leanings toward any prejudice.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united