2022-04-02 05:05:35

@caio did you follow the installation instructions document? If you did then the mod should just speak automatically. If not, what is the last thing you did?

@amerikranian check the controls section of the documentation, you enable ascensions with specific inputs on the character selection screen.

Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic.

2022-04-02 05:20:22

Right. The docs. They exist. Oops

2022-04-02 05:41:01

Double posting time. Could you possibly add a key to read out your energy? I had a relic which gave me an energy boost every couple of turns and there were multiple points in time where I found myself really wishing for this convenience. It would also be nice to provide total incoming damage, be it strategic or otherwise. Perhaps a keystroke for that could be added as well?

2022-04-02 15:35:44

Morning, folks!!
So, I was able to play the game properly.. Now I`m curious about something.. How can I read a card`s description

2022-04-02 16:59:19

Use control left and right arrows to switch through buffers until you reach cart preview and then use control up and down to read what it does. Don’t quote me, but I think whenever you scroll to a card you start on the card preview buffer by default.

2022-04-03 05:56:50

@amerikranian thanks for the suggestion, I knew I was forgetting an important value. I'll add that in the next version. I think I can add a key for the total damage values too.

Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic.

2022-04-17 08:59:26

So I've been kinda addicted to this game again. I've noticed that game settings don't seem to save and wasn't sure if it was something to do with the mod. I've been trying to turn down the music, but every time I reload the game it defaults back to 50 percent. Has anyone found a way to fix this? I've noticed people have been having this issue on reddit, so it may not be a mod related thing at all.

2022-04-17 09:04:54

I think it is the game, I am having the same problem.

regards
Hannes Fouche
Access gaming my YouTube channel https://youtube.com/channel/UC8CshzvGHEy2eR5L86nMM5A

2022-04-18 02:10:53

As far as I can tell it's an issue with either ModTheSpire or the game itself

2022-04-18 02:37:52 (edited by Shadowcat 2022-04-18 03:02:34)

I thought that was fixed? It seemed to have been in a patch, at any rate.
Edit: Never mind, it was not. My bad. But I wrote a thing a while back on how to actually customize the music volumes and have it stick.
Edit 2: Never mind... it apparently was? Not sure what happened the first time. It didn't save the first time I tried to mess with it just now, but then it worked the next two times. So... not sure what's going on.
Edit 3: Alright, I got it. Here's what you gotta do.
1: Change your music/master/whatever volume.
2: Toggle the ambiance on or off, doesn't matter which as long as you change it. It'll autosave.
Also, @Stewie: Encountered this error while trying to play with the new Downfall. Actually, I think the issue is with the Hermit character mod, since this happened while using the standalone version, too. Not sure if this would be an easy fix or would need more time, but I'm putting the log here. Tested while running only the bare essentials, so just STS and Downfall.
00:56:57.274 ERROR core.CardCrawlGame> Exception caught
com.google.gson.JsonSyntaxException: com.google.gson.stream.MalformedJsonException: Invalid escape sequence at line 84 column 54 path $..DESCRIPTION
    at com.google.gson.Gson.fromJson(Gson.java:902) ~[sayTheSpire.jar:?]
    at com.google.gson.Gson.fromJson(Gson.java:852) ~[sayTheSpire.jar:?]
    at com.google.gson.Gson.fromJson(Gson.java:801) ~[sayTheSpire.jar:?]
    at basemod.BaseMod.loadJsonStrings(BaseMod.java:790) ~[?:?]
    at basemod.BaseMod.loadCustomStringsFile(BaseMod.java:811) ~[?:?]
    at downfall.downfallMod.loadLocalization(downfallMod.java:418) ~[downfall.jar:?]
    at downfall.downfallMod.loadLocalization(downfallMod.java:434) ~[downfall.jar:?]
    at downfall.downfallMod.receiveEditStrings(downfallMod.java:475) ~[downfall.jar:?]
    at basemod.BaseMod.publishEditStrings(BaseMod.java:2515) ~[?:?]
    at basemod.patches.com.megacrit.cardcrawl.localization.LocalizedStrings.EditStrings.Postfix(EditStrings.java:9) ~[BaseMod.jar:?]
    at com.megacrit.cardcrawl.localization.LocalizedStrings.<init>(LocalizedStrings.java:228) ~[?:?]
    at com.megacrit.cardcrawl.core.CardCrawlGame.create(CardCrawlGame.java:260) [?:?]
    at com.badlogic.gdx.backends.lwjgl.LwjglApplication.mainLoop(LwjglApplication.java:149) [?:?]
    at com.badlogic.gdx.backends.lwjgl.LwjglApplication$1.run(LwjglApplication.java:126) [?:?]
Caused by: com.google.gson.stream.MalformedJsonException: Invalid escape sequence at line 84 column 54 path $..DESCRIPTION
    at com.google.gson.stream.JsonReader.syntaxError(JsonReader.java:1568) ~[sayTheSpire.jar:?]
    at com.google.gson.stream.JsonReader.readEscapeCharacter(JsonReader.java:1559) ~[sayTheSpire.jar:?]
    at com.google.gson.stream.JsonReader.nextQuotedValue(JsonReader.java:1014) ~[sayTheSpire.jar:?]
    at com.google.gson.stream.JsonReader.nextString(JsonReader.java:815) ~[sayTheSpire.jar:?]
    at com.google.gson.internal.bind.TypeAdapters$16.read(TypeAdapters.java:401) ~[sayTheSpire.jar:?]
    at com.google.gson.internal.bind.TypeAdapters$16.read(TypeAdapters.java:389) ~[sayTheSpire.jar:?]
    at com.google.gson.internal.bind.ReflectiveTypeAdapterFactory$1.read(ReflectiveTypeAdapterFactory.java:129) ~[sayTheSpire.jar:?]
    at com.google.gson.internal.bind.ReflectiveTypeAdapterFactory$Adapter.read(ReflectiveTypeAdapterFactory.java:220) ~[sayTheSpire.jar:?]
    at com.google.gson.internal.bind.TypeAdapterRuntimeTypeWrapper.read(TypeAdapterRuntimeTypeWrapper.java:41) ~[sayTheSpire.jar:?]
    at com.google.gson.internal.bind.MapTypeAdapterFactory$Adapter.read(MapTypeAdapterFactory.java:187) ~[sayTheSpire.jar:?]
    at com.google.gson.internal.bind.MapTypeAdapterFactory$Adapter.read(MapTypeAdapterFactory.java:145) ~[sayTheSpire.jar:?]
    at com.google.gson.Gson.fromJson(Gson.java:887) ~[sayTheSpire.jar:?]
    ... 13 more
00:56:57.280 INFO basemod.BaseMod> publishPostInitialize

Exception in thread "LWJGL Application" java.lang.NullPointerException
    at basemod.ModToggleButton.<init>(ModToggleButton.java:39)
    at basemod.ModLabeledToggleButton.<init>(ModLabeledToggleButton.java:21)
    at basemod.BaseModInit.receivePostInitialize(BaseModInit.java:70)
    at basemod.BaseMod.publishPostInitialize(BaseMod.java:2251)
    at basemod.patches.com.megacrit.cardcrawl.core.CardCrawlGame.PostInitializeHook.Postfix(PostInitializeHook.java:9)
    at com.megacrit.cardcrawl.core.CardCrawlGame.create(CardCrawlGame.java:307)
    at com.badlogic.gdx.backends.lwjgl.LwjglApplication.mainLoop(LwjglApplication.java:149)
    at com.badlogic.gdx.backends.lwjgl.LwjglApplication$1.run(LwjglApplication.java:126)

"You know nothing of death... allow me to teach you!" Dreadlich Tamsin
Download the latest version of my Bokura no Daibouken 3 guide here.

2022-04-18 05:11:10

Wait, you can play downfall with say the spire?

Why do ghost hunters have to hunt ghosts? Well, there's a fear of being ghosted out there. They may need therapy as well as their ghost hunting kit.

2022-04-18 05:24:07

See above... you can't, not anymore at least.

2022-04-18 05:38:27

@BlindNinja does that error prevent the game from launching? If it does, can you try running the game with only basemod and downfall and let me know if the error still occurs? If it does then it is an issue related to the mod itself but if not I might know what the problem is.

2022-04-18 06:14:32

Yeah, the game runs fine with just STSLib and Downfall. It is a fatal crash, though.

2022-04-22 19:46:36

Curious, is there some way to make the game use SAPI rather than a screen reader if one is loaded?
I like it well enough but might at times want to use a SAPI voice instead, and it seems odd to me that I would need to set my screen reader to one if the game has support for doing so built in. Seems that right now I'd need to turn my screen reader off entirely to do this?

2022-05-23 02:23:56 (edited by stewie 2022-05-23 02:24:37)

A brief update on Say the Spire. I just started work on allowing support for localization. I also figured out why the Downfall mod is crashing (turns out the simplejson package I was using bundles a different version of com.google.gson and of course it is incompatible).

Fixing this issue and adding localization support should take about two weeks, though it might take a week or so longer due to my schedule being kind of unpredictable. Thanks for all of your patience despite the length of time these updates have been taking.

2022-05-23 02:54:53

@Zersiax I knew there was something I forgot to add in 0.3.3. I will add that for the next release.

2022-05-23 05:28:28

Thanks for the update! And hey, no rush. Life comes first, after all.
Thanks for what you do.

2022-05-24 15:52:11

it would be really fun to have compatibility with spire with friend, very fun mod

once upon a time, a beautiful little girl who wore a beautiful red hood.  while she was passing through a forest, she was killed by Captain America.  The end...

2022-05-25 00:38:19 (edited by stewie 2022-05-25 00:39:55)

I just released an update (0.3.4-beta). There were a number of pretty major issues that needed to be fixed quickly, including the gson crashes (with mods such as Downfall) as well as a bug causing input.json to not be loaded at all. I also added hotkeys to read energy and monster intents, as well as the ability to force SAPI and reprioritize which speech handlers are loaded first (for example you can now force clipboard output). A number of redundant dependencies were also being bundled with the mod and were overwriting libraries the game used (this was causing the gson crashes and slowing down game startup significantly). See the change log and updated documentation for more info.

The next update should be localization support. this should take about two weeks.

2022-05-25 00:55:24

@zargonbr supporting additional mods is significantly more complicated than it looks, especially a multiplayer mod (which has to alter a large amount of the game's code in order to work). Supporting some of the more complicated mods, such as Downfall and Spire with Friends, would be entire projects of their own. They would not be as complicated as Say the Spire is since the groundwork is already there, however working on Say the Spire as well as supporting other mods at the same time would be far more work than I can currently manage. It is possible mod support will be added in future but that is a long way off and I cannot guarantee anything.

2022-05-25 02:03:16

@stewie.  no problem.  everything in its time.  and thank you for the beautiful work on this wonderful game.

once upon a time, a beautiful little girl who wore a beautiful red hood.  while she was passing through a forest, she was killed by Captain America.  The end...

2022-05-25 02:37:27

@Stewie
For the settings that don't save, mainly any of the sound sliders. Only ones I could find at a glance, at least? You can get it to work, just requires an extra toggle. I posted it a while ago, but here it is again. Feel free to put it in that section of notes if you like.
1: Change your music/master/whatever volume.
2: Toggle the ambiance on or off, doesn't matter which as long as you change it. It'll autosave.

2022-05-25 04:31:30

@BlindNinja Oh that's interesting, thanks for letting me know.

2022-05-25 14:10:31

@zargonbr na, spire with friends is more boring than together in spire. that mod was accesible before... but now they added lots of options and well, it no longer works anymore with say the spire. But instead of playing a... pseudo coop mach (what spire with friends does), in together in spire you can see and ear all the other player movements. you can even go in the same room and fight the same mov at the same time. of course there are some difficulty options, like movs do more damage and increased hp for them, but yea. sadly is no longer playable with say the spire

Sorry for my english