2020-08-20 05:51:19

Ok, so subject says everything. I got one of those Braille decks of cards in the mail. Now, I'm lost. I've never shuffled a deck of cards before, and I don't know how. Please help?

Add me on Skype, search for The Evil Chocolate Cookie

2020-08-20 06:56:27

hmmm, good question. no idea. this is something i've always wanted to know

I am a divine being. I can be called a primordial deity, but that might be pushing it, a smidge. I am the only one of my kind to have ten tails, with others having nine. I don't mean to sound arrogant, but I have ascended my own race.

2020-08-20 07:18:24

It's kinda hard to explain and I'm not too good at it, but you're supposed to cut from one side i.e. grab a bunch of cards, then reintroduce them into the deck by pushing from the top and letting the cards slide in. maybe someone can explain better.

ReferenceError: Signature is not defined.

2020-08-20 07:27:35

Hmm, I wonder, does Wikihow have an article on this? They seem to have one on almost every task known to man, so perhaps ...
Oh hey, they do!
https://www.wikihow.com/Shuffle-a-Deck-of-Playing-Cards

Yes, I definitely left the forum. Mhm. Why would you have any doubt?
Code 7 tips: https://forum.audiogames.net/topic/4010 … or-code-7/
Don't forget to be awesome!

2020-08-20 07:32:51

I completely forgot about that site. Lol go ahead and call me a moron. It's only fair haha.

2020-08-20 07:38:18

OK, I read that Wiki How article, and it was a little confusing IMHO. I can do method 3, but wouldn't want to explain it to anyone without having them there so I could position their hands ETC.

If you want an easy way, take the entire deck in one hand (pick whichever). Using the other hand, slide 1 or more (no more than the article-recommended 10) from the deck, and shove them back into the approximate middle of the deck. Keep doing this until you feel happy.

Note, you need to keep the deck held loosely in your first hand, otherwise the cards won't slide back in.

Presumably your cards are the braille variety, which means the braille can stop the cards re-tnering. To combat that, slide them somewhat diagonal, to avoid the dots. This last is the least important bit, so don't stress about it.

I'm sure there's some solo games you can play to shuffle the cards as well, there's certainly Clock Patience to order them.

-----
I have code on GitHub

2020-08-20 09:50:05

Yes,
@6's method is the most common method. Your index finger and the thumb will rest on the 2 longer sides of the card deck, and the other hand will grab few cards from a random place in that deck, and then shuv them somewhere else.
There's also 1 more simple method. You can simply start grabbing randum bunch of cards from the top of the deck and then shuv them at the bottom. do it for around 20 to 30 times, and if you've been good at being randum, then the deck should be shuffled.
Another method is to divide the deck in 2, and then make sure that both are facing either up or down on the table, keep 1 deck in left hand and the other in right, then bring your hands together, now your thumbs of both hands will come together, you let the other sides of both the deck touch the table, and let the thumb go a bit loose so that cards from both of hands start falling in a random manner. At the end, you shal have your shuffled deck. This method requires lot of practice, but it looks so cool that I am sure that people around you will surely comment on that.

2020-08-20 11:53:21

Wow, there is no one way. That's cool.

2020-08-20 14:32:35

@7
The second one is the one I do. My Mum taught me, and everyone says how impressive it is.

My shuffling's still not entirely "random", and I struggle with the larger Uno cards pack, but I can do it. Honestly, who cares when it looks and sounds so cool? It's like sighing after a nice cold drink. You don't need to, but it just makes you feel so much better about things.

-----
I have code on GitHub

2020-08-20 15:35:50

It's hard to explain, you just kind of do it. You start by cutting the deck a few times into various piles, then reintroduce those to the main deck, never letting them fall to the table. You generally do this with the cards in a vertical orientation. When you've done that, and you have a solid deck again, you then cut them evenly into two piles. Then you sort of lean them in towards each other like an A frame without the lower line. As an overview, what you should have are two fairly equal piles of cards, one in each hand. They should be on the table and vertically oriented with your hands holding them up by the tops. They should be leaned in towards each other, so that the gap between the two cards becomes progressively narrower the closer to the tops of each pile you go.

Now the fun part. I will warn you that this will go badly before you start getting a hold of it. Also, when it goes badly, a lot of the times, you'll end up with cards that fall face up and face down. You shouldn't store them that way, so you'll want to sort them out again so that the face of all the cards are pointed the same way. So here's what you do. Place two or three fingers on the back of each of your two piles, then sort of slide your thumbs back the deck, like you are trying to close your hand to grab something. When you do this, try to do it a bit staggered, so you're not doing it at the exact same time. Keep working back the deck, and notice that cards are falling into the middle. Once you have no more cards in your hand, go to the pile and straighten them up, optionally cut the deck one or two more times and you're ready to deal.

It takes practice, and like I said, be prepared to sort out all of your cards when it goes wrong, because it will. It's also worth noting that new cards are trickier to handle than worn ones. They get better the more you use them, less stiff and all that.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united