2020-08-18 21:18:03

Hi, i am not new to rooting and things like that, but does anyone can give me some tips how to play with my device if i am visually impaired?
I mean enabling talkback in older android than 4.4 independently via adb.
Or how to force adb authorisation dialogue on the smartphone via fatboot, i mean when i don't have developer options enabled, cause screen is broken.
Regards.

Hey, if you wanna chat, add me on discord.: VIPPotato#3363
or you can chat with me on telegram: https://t.me/VIPPotato
Regards, and take care.

2020-08-18 21:22:46

Hello,
this article, even though a little out of date at this point, taught me everything I know about flashing roms as a blind person. The most important thing to learn however is to research, so keep in mind that you will have to do a lot of googling around to get everything right. Also, I highly discourage using such old Android versions in the firstplace, but it's up to you what you will do. You should be able to get Talkback going on anything that's not lower than Android 4.2. The article I was talking about is available at https://www.inclusiveandroid.com/conten … erspective
the only out of date part is regarding the way you enable Talkback if the accessibility shortcut does not work. The ADB script provided there does not work. However, if you flash a zip file that automatically enables Talkback, this should work fine. You can find that on my Dropbox, at https://www.dropbox.com/s/swkq3j3x63fp3 … k.zip?dl=1

2020-08-19 15:19:01

But, for exmple, how to install and enable spiel independently via adb in android 2.3.6?
Regards.

Regards, and take care.

2020-08-19 15:38:56

I don't know, I never had a reason to use ancient Android versions in 2020.

2020-08-19 18:55:06

I don't know how well this stuff will work. The situation gets more complicated with A/B devices. These have two system partitions instead of just one. The system will update one while allowing you to use the other, and then you reboot into the new one while the old one remains as a backup. It's incredibly confusing!

I've been trying to get my Pixel to install Lineage for quite some time, but am finding it extremely difficult. Apparently TWRP has to be installed in a very specific way or else it gets overwritten by the original recovery, you have to install the Google Apps a certain way but only after the recovery and system is installed, etc. My problem is trying to sort this out without access to constant sighted assistance. When I install Lineage, it apparently overwrites the TWRP recovery, and installing TWRP again apparently overwrites Lineage andp revents me from installing the Google Apps. We haven't even gotten to the headache of installing TalkBack. The only reliable wayI've found is installing Lineage and then getting sighted assistance to enable ADB and enable TalkBack once it's installed. I also have to install a TTS engine because the system doesn't come with one. I was working with someone to see if we could get TalkBack and TTS built into Lineage, but the lack of constant sighted assistance on my end to test builds of TalkBack has made it difficult. Someone made a TalkBack module that's supposed to work with Magisk, but it's been a bitch trying to get Magisk installed in order to install TalkBack. I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong, but it seems like I have to install TWRP recovery every time I make a change which screws everything up again.

Grab my Adventure at C: stages Right here.

2020-08-19 19:01:59

I don't know about a/b partitioning because I  have not done this on a newer device, but about the TTS, that is not something Lineage should provide. You must install the appropriate Gapps package containing Google apps and Google TTS, then you will have TTS without any issues. I usually choose the stock version of opengapps found at https://opengapps.org/ and those come with both Talkback and Google TTS.

2020-08-19 22:54:21

A/B partitioning is pretty commonplace nowadays and is a great way of updating systems so get used to it. smile Its widely deployed in server environments where possible, so I'm not surprised that phones use it. Its pretty useful if you break something horribly in the new boot partition or in an update and you need to role back to the previous version of the system.

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

2020-08-19 23:07:50

I just need it cause i wanna bring back to life LG E400, known as optimus l3, but can't find any rom for this piece of shit.
I found only kitkat looking roms, but they have only kitkat launcher in android 2.3.6, so i am stuck here.
Also there is a cyanogen mod with andoid 4.0.4, but i don't no how to install zips without sighted assistance.
When i am trying to install something via adb, i get an error about read only partition.
Rooting is also hard to do here from pc.
I wish to have yelly bean on it, but i don't no how to make custom cyanogen based roms for my device.
There's also lg optimus l3 E430 and it was updated to android 4.1, but my model is E400 with worst specs and android 2.3.6.
Can i convert this system to be compatible with my phone?
Those files are in .kdz format, and i was installing stock rom via kdz updater.
Also, how to flash twrp?
I executed command fastboot flash recovery recovery.img, and it flashed successfully, but i don't no command to reboot directly to twrp from boot loader.
I tried fastboot reboot recovery, but it gave me unknown reboot target error.
Regards.

Regards, and take care.

2020-08-20 17:33:23 (edited by Agent47 2020-08-20 17:39:31)

hi, can we root our phhone with TWRP independently

"But did you, in your three-piece psychology and 1950's technobrain,
ever take a look behind the eyes of the hacker?  Did you ever wonder what
made him tick, what forces shaped him, what may have molded him?"