2020-08-06 19:01:45

Well, since about what's just is going on with social networking and just as the United Goverment of the States of North America of the Planet Earth of the Milky Way Galaxy is starting to bann TikTok (and eaven on my country don't tell me), calling it "spy software" and worst of all, inaccessible, Is Instagram Reels, what could be called a competitor or successor, be accessible? I know eaven Microsoft is trying to purchase the software, or eaven, worst of it is Apple or Google, but I mostely want to test Reels if it is accessible. If it is I go with it and Eaven I didn't used TikTok, first time making videos pa?

73 Wj3u

2020-08-06 19:09:42

Nothing really helpful, but it annoys me how Tiktok is being banned for being "spy software" when Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, Windows 10, your goddamn alexas, etc, are spying on you. Cut the crap, Amurica.

NevEd.NDO#4838
My community discord:
https://discord.gg/2duutDtGFa

2020-08-06 19:13:33

Indeed all of them is spying, but tbh you don't lose anything by not using tiktok. Just a bunch of internet addicted idiots sharing their idiotic behavyour together. I'm not sure why anyone would enter their level of stupidity.

2020-08-06 19:32:21

#3 There are also lots of cool and reative things on tiktok, you can't put everyone who is uploading clips on it in to one bag.

Hey, if you wanna chat, add me on discord.: VIPPotato#3363
or you can chat with me on telegram: https://t.me/VIPPotato
Regards, and take care.

2020-08-06 19:41:14

I never searched on that thing because I don't have an account, but my sister always watches videos and well, I'm not sure why is it good for people to make themselves idiots publicly. There might be reasonable content, but 99 percent of it is just bullshit.

2020-08-06 20:03:05

That kind of behavior isn't exclusive to tiktok. We can't just start being picky and choosy with what platforms should and shouldn't be allowed because some dumbasses use them. Remember, Youtube is really soft on the Paul brothers, and smushed little guy creators for much less, and quite a lot more frivolous shit.
This is where that guy;s priorities are at? Banning Tiktok? That's really gonna help?
I don't care about the app being banned itself but its just stupid. i'm sure if it did get banned, we'll still be relying on slave workers in china for something because the bigwigs still get a piece of the pie whenever we buy chinese made products.
Not all chinese companies are bad, either. GPD is a Chinese company, and they're fucking great. For those who don't know, google them. They make uMPC devices

NevEd.NDO#4838
My community discord:

2020-08-06 20:48:08 (edited by omer 2020-08-06 20:49:09)

ticktalk sucks i hope they die in somewhere far from earth
edit, i ust realised that the post loks verry wierd not going to delete it though for historical purpouses

2020-08-06 21:11:57

What's wrong with someone wanting to do something funny and posting it on Tiktok? I can't really call it stupid. If my mind says do something that entertains myself and other people, where's the problem?
I see this more as a fight between the superpowers where Tiktok is being used as a target to somehow attack China. If someone is spying on you, it is your fault, not their's.
Anyway, I think there should be a wide reaction from Americans. It's not a big deal if an app is being banned, and I highly doubt this software is spying on anyone, but other apps or services could undergo the same fate just because someone on the government thinks so. If people used this app solely for entertainment purposes, then I see really no use in banning it.

2020-08-07 00:12:06 (edited by Minionslayer 2020-08-07 00:13:27)

@omer, Oof! Harsh dare I say?
First off, just because you think that content isn't worth your time or effort, there's probably hundreds of people just for you who think otherwise. And yes, TikTok is absolutely not the only service to be doing this, so we might as well just be picking on every single part of the Internet.

If you for whatever reason wish to contact me, the best way to do so is through Discord (@Minionslayer0). You'll get the quickest response times, and by extension, a higher priority. I also sometimes post my thoughts (for the better or worse) over on Mastodon at @Minionslayer.

2020-08-12 18:10:28

Exactly, I see. But being this app non-accessible doesn't mean that you will bann it for spying reazons huh?
If in this case Microsoft or some other company tryes to buy or eaven sell it, maybe by them shall be accessible. I really fear that, eaven Reels as I've tested it is accessible, but doesn't have the features TikTok has, so I better leave both into limbo for now.

73 Wj3u

2020-08-12 20:11:37 (edited by Ethin 2020-08-12 20:23:30)

Here's the funny thing though: there is absolutely no evidence to prove that TikTok is spying on us from the Chinese government. Absolutely no evidence at all. The government is up in arms because of some vague possibility that hasn't even been proven. And what about the hardware we get from China? What about the iPhone you buy? Yeah, parts from that come from... uh... China! He gonna ban all that too and leave our economy completely devoid of critical parts we need? Yeah, he does that and he'll be out of office for sure for pretty much ruining every computer manufacturer in the country. Make America great again my ass. He hasn't made it great, he's made it about a hundred times worse. And, okay, I get it -- get rid of China because people are practically enslaved to work at companies there. But that's... kinda impossible given how dependent we are on China. Take China away and you've just completely destroyed our economy and made it impossible to acquire critical resources for our technology. And how is he going to ban TikTok exactly? Google doesn't have to follow his executive order (it would be illegal for them to do it, but its not like they don't have the money to get out of anything that the gov throws at them), and the gov can't exactly Sue google for a hundred billion dollars. They'd never make it through the court -- Trump's claims would need to be proven (that TikTok is a danger to its users) first. Same for Apple. He's literally playing a game he can't win. Google and Apple could probably trivially cripple the government and there's absolutely nothing they could do about it. All they have to do is say "OK, block sign-ins from all government-issued devices" and bamb.
Edit: Also, its very unlikely any tech giant would obey his executive order. Its a massive abuse of the authority of the executive branch, and banning the app could open up a vacuum for malware authors.

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

2020-08-12 21:13:51

Is that really so?
https://www.androidpolice.com/2020/08/1 … er-a-year/

2020-08-12 21:47:10 (edited by Ethin 2020-08-12 21:49:25)

@12, that's not a national security risk. Not even close. MAC addresses are not security-sensitive. They're transmitted every single time you make a network request to your router or switch. Your router's MAC address is transmitted while transmitting a network request across the internet. If they were collecting SSNs, text messages and such, then I'd say yeah, that's a security risk. But a MAC address? Really? Sorry, I don't buy that. Oh, and they can be spoofed too -- MAC addresses, I mean.

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

2020-08-12 22:06:34

Sure they can, but do average users spoof Mac addresses? How low do you think the percentage of people doing that is? No, this isn't a national security risk, and I don't care about what Trump says being that I'm not from the US, but it's not all nice and sweet with tictok and everybody is against it for no reason.

2020-08-12 22:11:19 (edited by Ethin 2020-08-12 22:11:56)

@14, I never said that it was like that. People don't like TikTok for various reasons: the death counters, the fucked up challenges that people do on there... I could go on. But going so far as to call it a national security risk -- and then subsequently attempting to ban it -- is utterly ridiculous.

My Github

2020-08-13 02:05:32

But worst of all, and I know I'm not the only one talking about that is lack of accessibility. Always my screen reader tells me that the buttons are unlabeled. Tryed to send an eMail to the developer, hope a responce is made.
Good point Ethin. There's no proof that this app, a longside its apparent? rival, Instagram Reels, which recently many people (TikTokers and never TikTokers) dislike it: Lack of functions that TikTok has, and all that I eaven cannot say since it's too recent and I almost forgot what I was getting from a news article I was reading.

73 Wj3u

2020-08-13 02:43:04 (edited by NevEd 2020-08-13 02:45:59)

*boomer trump supporters* Those damn kids and their pesky spying phone apps, supportin those devilish chinese commies. Back in my day we were bigots in person. Them youngsters goin' straight to hell, I tell you hwat.

NevEd.NDO#4838
My community discord:

2020-08-13 07:26:52

@2. I'm not from the US, but would you rather your data go to the US government or a foreign government?

If you found this post helpful, amusing or funny, please thumb it up!
To get in touch, please email me using the email link below this post. If you prefer, you can also send me a friend request on discord. I'm thetechguy#6969. Please do not send me a PM on here as I don't check those often.

2020-08-13 07:42:58 (edited by NevEd 2020-08-13 07:43:37)

do you really think your data stays circulated within your own government?
Personally I'd like for these old fucks and corpritists to get ran the fuck out of office, for big Pharma and organized religion to stop choking science, among other things, and people in general to stop being fucking halfwits and think more for themselves, but it'll never happen. Money makes the world go round and at the end of the day all you got is you.
If you don't want to be tracked go find a cave to crawl into.
Not angry at you, BTW.

NevEd.NDO#4838
My community discord:

2020-08-22 16:46:54

And an other reason why D. T. Has extended the TikTok bann from 45 days to 90 days, untill Microsoft or some other company tryes to by it. This is just...

73 Wj3u