2020-08-03 17:56:11

The description says that it can be used on iOS, Android, Windows, Mac, Linux and others. But it doesn’t tell about what iOS devices are supported. If anyone knows please post.
Also reviews on this product are welcome.
Here’s the user guide and product page if anyone wanted to buy it.

User guide
http://www.orbitresearch.com/support/or … r-support/

Here’s the product page
https://www.atguys.com/store/index.php? … Path=34_54

2020-08-03 18:38:56

I don't have one, but it should support the iPad. Usually when a product says it supports iOS, that includes the iPad.

2020-08-03 19:35:26

Okay! Thank you for the help, now I need to talk my negative sighted mom into getting me one. It will be my first one ever and I Hope I like it?
O P it sucks being a positive blind person in a negative sighted family. It’s so frustrating!!!

2020-08-05 08:03:57

Yep it will work on the iPad as well, since the iPad supports Braille. However, keep in mind that a Braille display is more difficult to use on an iPad because of the split screen.
As you might have read in the usersguide, the Orbit Writer does also have keyboard emulation which emulates a normal keyboard like if you connect an external keyboard to the device. I'm very interested to see how that'll work on IOS and other devices.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2020-10-17 20:46:28

I would really love a product review to see if it is really worth buying, this considering that I have the reader 20 already.

A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

2020-10-17 21:52:14

@UltraLeetJ, Considering it's literally an Orbit Reader, just without the braille keys, I personally can't justify the purchase of the device, especially along with its hefty price tag.

If you for whatever reason wish to contact me, the best way to do so is through Discord (@Minionslayer0). You'll get the quickest response times, and by extension, a higher priority. I also sometimes post my thoughts (for the better or worse) over on Mastodon at @Minionslayer.

2020-10-18 02:26:44 (edited by UltraLeetJ 2020-10-18 02:27:51)

DJEPIC wrote:

@UltraLeetJ, Considering it's literally an Orbit Reader, just without the braille keys, I personally can't justify the purchase of the device, especially along with its hefty price tag.

lol so yeah, you are correct, I just read the manual and found out that for the most part, this essentially acts as the same thing.. I really dislike the lag when sending the characters from the orbit reader buffer for example, but voice dictation works a charm most of the time anyway. From what I can gather (correct me if I get this wrong) is the same size as the orbit but without the braille cells and display part which I guess is what you truly meeant, no?
I got the orbit reader and the most I do is just read read and read on it in standalone mode so its basically my electronic kindle without anything connected or atatched. It would be nice if it could send for example, control,alt and shift keys without depending on a screen reader, but that is just not important or much relevant on most devices out there anyway. So yeah, thanks for setting this straight for me.

A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

2020-10-18 21:13:08

@UltraLeetJ, Yeah. I'm not saying that people shouldn't go and get it, I'm just say ing that, especially considering I already have an Orbit Reader 20 that I got for stupid cheap, I can't justify that purchase, especially because (like you), I read, read, and read. I've noticed the lag is decreased when using Android with CSR, so...

If you for whatever reason wish to contact me, the best way to do so is through Discord (@Minionslayer0). You'll get the quickest response times, and by extension, a higher priority. I also sometimes post my thoughts (for the better or worse) over on Mastodon at @Minionslayer.

2020-10-19 01:42:17

If interested, you can read an Orbit Writer review here.