2020-07-30 05:44:56

Hi. I've been doing experiment for another software. You got it right! Audacity. It is required for the training session that I attended. So my question is, how do you lower down the volume of a music track using adjustable faid? I am doing a time selection in which the music start lowering it's volume when the voiceover starts to speak. But after I added the adjustable faid it's faiding but after the time selection past, the volume of the music track is back to its original volume while the speech is ongoing. How to do it? I am trying to simulate reaper's automation.

2020-07-30 18:53:21

sadly this isn't as simple as adding a sidechain like in reaper, what I used to do is just use the normalizer plugin, select the amount of time the voiceover is, and lower it by 12 db or so, depends on the music really.

NevEd.NDO#4838
My community discord:
https://discord.gg/2duutDtGFa

2020-07-30 19:17:22

Can someone help me with sidechaining in Reaper.
I don't know what am I doing wrong. Is there any tutorial on it.

2020-07-30 21:46:45

If what you're trying to do is duck the audio of one track while the person is speaking on the other, why not just use the audio ducking feature?

When life gives you oranges, demand lemons since everyone else is obviously getting them.