2020-07-23 08:49:32

Hi everyone,
i am interested in multifunction program suites wich are made for blind peopel for dayly work. Do you know such programs for Windows? A bit similar to Dolphin guide and such, simply suites wich use own programs and an own menu or user interface and don't Need own Software, so don't Need external Tools.
So, if you know such for the PC, it would be nice to share, i am Always interested in discovering new Software of this Kind.

2020-07-23 18:17:44

At least for me, Windows and mainstream software works fine. End of.
If something like this did surface, I'd at least wait a while for other people's reaction to judge, first if I'd even need or want it, but most importantly if the software was legit in the first place. Since it's so new and unknown and developed usually by developers that haven't been heard of before, I don't have a previous track record, so I'm going to be more suspicious about them, while I guess I wouldn't be if say, Microsoft developed something like this.
Back on topic, wasn't Multi Extra a thing once? It is actually malware, right? I mean I've heard people use it, but then I've heard so many people not using it.

If you for whatever reason wish to contact me, the best way to do so is through Discord (@Minionslayer0). You'll get the quickest response times, and by extension, a higher priority. I also sometimes post my thoughts (for the better or worse) over on Mastodon at @Minionslayer.

2020-07-23 19:56:00

The closest to what you want was klango long may it live in memmory.
It wasn't all good but it was close to a modern opperating system.
To be honest blind spaciffic software like this is really restrictive.
In the old days I had keysoft, getting to dos was liberating, and now in windows I can run what I want.
My closest suite I ever had was norton system works before it sucked and avg itself before it also sucked.
All the tools at my fingertips and all of them working.
Tools leading to other tools, etc.
And you got your money's worth because you worked it daily.
I do have suites, winaero tweaker and applian video conversion suite but I can't say I use those every day, winaero is used and forgotten about unless I need to toggle a setting on.
The applian suite is hardly used as I have pontes media.
I've never bothered nore will I ever with going back to anothher suite of restrictive software.
I guess if norton stopped being such a hog I'd go back to system works as it was not as it is now.
Windows doctor, system optimizer, disk doctor, registry cleaner and tuner though you don't need to clean anything and I have never done that even with ccleaner now these days.
I guess if we are being nostelgic skylam intellydialup was a fucking good bit of software.
That went out the window a little with adsl and completely with vdsl and fibre.

2020-07-23 19:58:23 (edited by serrebi 2020-07-23 20:11:00)

The two I know of that are still active are SpeakOn:
http://www.speakon.org.uk/SpeakOn.html
and elten though I can't figure out how to change the site to English anymore.
https://elten-net.eu

2020-07-23 20:23:57 (edited by queenslight 2020-07-23 20:26:08)

New English site is coming.
For now, use your browser's built in translation extension/settings to translate the web site from Polish to English.

Or,

Grab the latest fully translated Windows installer and interface over at

https://elten-net.eu/download/

NB. YouTube is currently not available in the public release, as it has switched to its own program (at this time only in the public beta.) To join said beta, ask to join the "Beta Testing Elten PC (English) group, by finding the appropriate menu item.

2020-07-25 08:20:37

you can always use translate for NVDA, might not be a perfect translation but at least I've seen that the english translation of whatever you  make it translate, is acceptable. Have been playing BK2 with it, and now I sort of understand the storyline a little bit more.
Now talking about this, if you speak portuguese you have dosvox, which has a lot of interesting stuff and its output method is through pre recorded dialogs, which makes it even more interesting. Other than that, I can only think of Elten, Klango which is long gone, and speakon media suite whic I still use to hear tune in, that's one of the reasons I love it a lot! seems like mister Porrith is not updating it any more, last version is like from... 2017? correct me if I'm wrong.
Now, if you wanna spend some money, there is Leacey or however  that thing is spelled. of course you need a JAWS licence, and a coppy of the whole thing. Since I've stopped being a JAWS trainer and have moved to N NVDA; this is a no no thing for me

Jesus Christ is the way, the truth and the life. he gives to the human being complete joy and happyness. Why don't you receive him today?

2020-07-25 12:01:34

I didn't even know that programs like this still existed.

Who am I? Simply me!

2020-07-27 07:32:02

The Chinese have zhi duo yin or zd cloud (though the developer never uses the English name that he told me)
It is supposed to work with zhengdu, but I usually just use it with nvda to download music.

2020-07-27 16:06:22

For those on Elten, I'm queenslight on there as well, just in case any of yall are looking for me.

smile

Ah yes, the NVDA-Translate Add On,, not to be confused with the NVDA Instant Translate Add on. Yes, that is a good one to have.

2020-07-27 23:32:43

@8
can you get me the download link of that thing?
i cant find it...