2020-06-29 02:35:23

@Zuckuss, don't get excited yet lol. More is still coming.

A winner is you!
—Urban Champion

2020-06-29 02:42:53

Well thankfully, Eternity Studio isn't too great a maze. There are much worse raw mazes, and some annoying puzzles you're going to come up against. But take it from me, mapping the area gets easier every time. I can now blow through the studio in about twenty-five minutes, Ogma's house in less than fifteen.

Honestly, dragon is an extremely underwhelming type in the manamon universe. It's resisted by stone and holy, and magic is immune to it. The only thing that dragon is super-effective against is...uh, other dragon types. There are four fully-evolved dragon types, and two of those aren't dragons till level 32 and level 55. As such, I tend to use Volanteral as a heavy hitter with Assault Gem, because only a couple of types wall stone (like earth and fighting, both of which can be hit hard by dragon attacks, unless they're named Grandlan, at which point you're kind of screwed). Grandlan is a hard counter to Volanteral. Also, Shields Up on this thing is an insane ability, since it means that you're almost guaranteed to live through the first hit and slam back huge damage on whatever shows up. In group battles, you can team up on Volanteral and kill it before it gets to hit, but even then, you're diverting multiple attacks to shut it down which leaves the rest of the team to wail on everything else.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

2020-06-29 02:47:45

I'd be able to map it if I could somehow memorize the sequence of the stupid cannons. For me, it's just a matter of luck, even with the walkthrough and the item guide. I hope this is the toughest area in the game.

2020-06-29 03:43:45

How about Volanteral with its ability and then equipped with ambush guardian? Can you stack it like that or are you better off using chrono core because it's going to take a hit and should probably be able to heal back some every time it kills something? On an unrelated note, just for fun I tanked the Oghma fight to see what Andromeda would do if her whole team was dead. Looks like your team is the only one that gets healed.

2020-06-29 03:57:01

Now I have, Bulderdash, Greniverb, and a gronk. Training this guy is going to get me a while, this one just only level 12. While my other two are 21 and 22.

2020-06-29 04:53:50

Ambush Guard is decent for anything with Shields Up, but Chrono Core is arguably better, since unless ie takes insane damage, he'll actually be able to heal maybe back up to full health if he KOs stuff. Alternatively, secondary scale uniform works well on this guy as well as Dragomier.

2020-06-29 05:38:36

Oh also, sorry for the slightly delayed double post, but no, I don't keep old save files around. I have one that's older and has a ton of gold, a master's scroll and a great deal of the manapedia unlocked, but I'd have to dig it up and I just don't care enough.

2020-06-29 16:49:24

For me, ethernity studio is as difficult as the shadow kingdom.
But there's also a trap test later on. For me, it's tougher that the ethernity studio.

2020-06-29 17:01:50

I can say though that Manamon 2 is at least a little less frustrating than Manamon 1.

A winner is you!
—Urban Champion

2020-06-29 17:11:06

I don't think so.
For me, the trap test is much more difficult and flustrating than shadow kingdom f5.

2020-06-29 17:26:29

I'd say manamon 2 is a little harder overall. The trap corridors in the edge of the world - the zigzag, specifically - are just...a lot. I mean, if I can run past five spikes, why do I have to run past eighty? It's just a little bit much. Sort of a running-out-of-gas moment.

My next mono playthrough, BTW, will be magic. Thinking of using a team of four or five again, to increase the difficulty. Squarpha, Sullorb, Cofatena, Wizzell, Myaneko. Yes, Myaneko sucks and I already know how that one plays out, but I'm at a point now where honestly part of the challenge is in using at least one bad manamon, and not using a full team. If I used Grandlan and Mondevol and Enchandithol or whatever (maybe I'll use Enchandithol over Myaneko) - point is, if I use a full team of six - I have absolutely no fear of not winning.

Failing that, I could always go for a team of manamon that don't evolve: Terruffalo, Squarpha, Snowmonno, Sullorb (doubling up on purpose here, to increase difficulty), Gargaram.

2020-06-29 17:48:47

At times, it really starts to seem like Aaron has run out of gas and resorted to simply tossing in mix-and-match versions of things you'd already seen. The hyper Grandlan is a new hyper, but no, it really isn't. It's merely a combination of the other bosses. It spins red and white webs. Where have you seen that before? It counters your moves with a type that's effective against the type of the move you just used. Where have you seen that before? How about the spike rooms. Does anyone else get the feeling that they just drag on endlessly? This game is big, but without all the repetition, it would be much, much shorter. By the time you get to Ascendance Path, it would have been nice to see some new things rather than just more variations of the same crap. That and all the random luck that determines the outcome of fights are the most frustrating parts of this game for me.

2020-06-29 18:21:36

I'm really disappointed due to this reason as well.
I really regret my dicision to spend 40 dollars.
This game is worth 15 dollars at most.

2020-06-29 18:51:11

Oh I don't regret buying either game. Not even a little bit. Paladin of the Sky is a bit of a different story though. I played it once, and more than likely won't ever play it again. But as I've said on here before, Aaron Baker has provided me with countless hours of entertainment through the two Manamon games alone.

2020-06-29 19:18:12

OK, so here are my feelings about the game. Let me first start by saying I am not attacking the developer here personally. I will be questioning his choices, but that doesn't mean I think less of him as a person, nor does it mean I have any less respect for him as someone who has taken the time to develop audio games. OK, so I just finished getting all 7 stadium keys, so it's onto ascendance path. Having said that, I absolutely hate this game in so many ways. To me, all the needless wandering around, needless puzzles, and needless traps, is just a developer's way of saying hey, look at me, I can make maizes and puzzles for you, so aren't I amazing. I mean, does there really have to be 3 rooms with moving spikes? Do I really have to run past tons of lazers and spikes? Does the stupid hyper thing really have to restore health while I am racing to defeat him before he puts down another stupid bombbox that, when detinated, wipes out half my team? I enjoyed manamon 1 for the fact that, yes, there were some maizes and puzzles, but you actually got to progress with the game. I have literally played this game for 1 day, 3 hours, and 47 minutes, and I am just now on ascendance path? So, all this to say yeah, I won't be playing the game again, at least for some time. Again, not attacking the developer, but Ido questi8on his choices and why he does what he does.

2020-06-29 20:07:46

Zuckuss, I really hate to say this straight-out like this, but I'm going to anyway. Please read this thoroughly.
You are really not in a great position to be criticizing game balance. Yes, I said it.
The reason I said this comes down to the following:
1. You'd cheat if you could
2. You refused to buy the game until people made walkthroughs
3. You will take virtually any chance to make a game easier
This alone is enough for me to seriously call your opinions about game balance into question. I'll answer your issues each by each though.
Moving spikes...if you're talking about Barren Underground, I wish each room had been different. One full of spikes, one full of conveyor belts and electric floors, and one full of electric bolts (the moving ones) and lasers, or some other traps. I do wish each room were different, but I'm glad there are multiple rooms and doors and keys. To me, this makes that area one of my favourite in the game, honestly.
And yes, the stupid hyper thing should be restoring health while it puts out bomb boxes and uses a shield and whatnot. I'm not a huge, huge fan of this boss, but I like it way, way more than Irroadium from the first game. It requires strategy and some planning. It requires you to actually think about how you want to prioritize things. Usually, moves with a power greater than 80 or 85 are best on the boss, because you will lower the turn number it takes to bring it down. So yes, the healing once it gets below x health will increase the difficulty, but not to an unreasonable degree.
As for mazes? I feel like manamon 1 is worse for this, with the huge exceptions of the swamp and catacombs. Every other area was relatively okay when it comes to mazes. By contrast, manamon 1 had a lot of dead ends and pointless digressions in Ascendance Path, Tangeria Tower and Starwalk Mountain. Let's also not forget Irroadium's room - or was it Ziognioss - where you have literally thousands of tiles of open space for no other reason than that you can hear the slap-slap of your footsteps as you head toward the mythical you want to catch? This is in keeping with pokemon and other similar games, where mazelike elements are part of game navigation. Manamon does it a bit more, and sometimes to its detriment, but I don't think this is a fatal weakness. If you want all maps to be linear, one-way, and to point you from one objective to the next without any way to get lost, turned around, confused or able to venture down side paths, I'd warrant that this is a reflection of your personal values.
So why am I calling this out? Because while I do feel Manamon 2 has many flaws, the things you pointed out...really don't qualify much IMO. These elements are part of what makes the game good, and part of what contributes to its longevity. If everything is safe, predictable and boring, what the hell sort of game is that? Rather than ascribing to Aaron the arrogance implicit in "aren't I amazing", how about we give him credit for doing more than just moving guards, fireballs, lasers and electricity? I think this was one area where manamon 2 is head and shoulders above its predecessor.

Also, to whoever said the game is only worth fifteen bucks...nah. I'd say twenty-five, maybe thirty. Forty seems a bit spendy, given that the jump in other aspects of development was not as significant as three years of downtime would've led me to expect. I've cited those shortcomings many times elsewhere.

2020-06-29 20:56:21

Wait, is that random box supposed to do something during that fight? I hit it with an attack and it blew up without issue and not hurt anyone. I'm guessing that part of the fight was bugged.

Also can confirm, Manamon one was a lot worse with the overly long mazey trails, and lasers/electric traps ready to zap you. Also let us not forget that one laser which drowned out the noise of the turn you needed to make to get to the third to last floor of Shadow Kingdom. That one actually pissed me off when someone told me that the path towards the stairs was drowned out.

Also, a lot of the new puzzles are a bit time consuming rather than dangerous. The Spike rooms actually have a weird habbit of always appearing a bit away from you if you walk slowly. As long as you're not running at high speeds, you just need to crawl your way across and should be generally safe. The Highspeed ones seem to employ timing with spikes almost always at fixed spots, give or take a few wildcards.

The guarded areas are far shorter than the ones from the first game. Anyone remember the long trail of guards near the early part of Shadow Kingdom? the Ghost bats are a lot easier to memorize the positions of.

And the boss fights aren't (launch overpowered moves that will always strike your weaknesses) like the Erodium fight was int he first game. You can pull off most boss battles with various team compositions. Except Master Dyas, but screw that guy. Might be a nightmare for a ghost/undead run.

The answer to your question is forum.audiogames.net/search

2020-06-29 21:01:42 (edited by boy 2020-06-29 21:02:36)

A hyper boss that puts up bombs, and restores health, I haven't seen that yet, but I'm guessing that's the Hyper Hathorilian that I've read about. Now this might be a bit off topic, but I'm posting it hear anyway since I haven't seen it using the search feature. Will I miss any good attacks if I transform Cowmoono before level 30? I just don't want to miss out on something strong, like Staff Slash or Righchus Rend, assuming one of those is physical. He's only level 29 right now, the rest of my team is 32. Montor just got Superspark. In my oppinion, at least, he's one of my favorite electric Manamon, Jimitron coming second. Regarding not liking the game, I haven't beaten it, but I think both of them are good. I like Manamon 2 more than 1, but 1 isn't bad. I still have a lot more to try with Manamon 2, including those Paladin of the Sky bosses if they're really part of the game. Remember, the farthest I've gotten is Barren Byron. Iternity Studio, I think Shadow Kingdom is harder because of the guards and the timed rooms. Irodium, though, pound on him with Power Kick and Meteor Rush. Once you know how to fight him, he's like, just another tamer battle.

Barren Byron used Nature Overdrive!

2020-06-29 21:06:06

lol I should do a ghost-undead run. Or a magic-undead run. Just to make that fight way, way harder, and see how well I do without going insane with levels.

The bomb boxes are not bugged. In the first fight where you see them, you use them as damage-dealers against the boss. In the second fight, when the boss drops a box but doesn't disappear, the boxes have HP and will go boom if you hit them hard enough. A few quick tips for that fight, btw:
1. If the boss's HP is low enough already, just wail on it till it croaks and ignore the box.
2. Always make sure that you've got at least one manamon in reserve; this way, even if the boss croaks and the box bursts, you lose three manamon (the ones on the field), but you've got one living one in reserve. Hell, all it takes is bullrushing.
3. Speaking of bullrushing, you get a one-time item that will heal your whole team for this fight. It's perfectly doable without the item, but rather a cakewalk if you choose to use it. If you're down to one of your last manamon but the boss is nearly dead, use that crystal and suddenly you're back in business.
4. Early in the fight, if you find your damage potential isn't as high as it should be, use buffs. One stage only of attack or special attack (or both), don't go crazy. Also, if you do have moves that boost a type (splash, polish, etc), feel free to use them early and then have them enhancing your powerful moves to even greater heights.
5. Confusion and paralysis. Seriously.

Oh, and purely for fun, I imported a Skirial into manamon 2. Apparently it gets Sting Ray and Poison Pressure now. If this thing got Plague (even if it was through a move tutor or at a high level - this would make it a pretty good special attacker. As it stands, it gets stuck with Rage Bug, which is an wwful, awful, awful move that really needs updating. Being locked into a 105-power move with 90 accuracy which -then forces you to go berserk so you can't heal? Sorry, but that's an enormous drawback when moves like Plague or Pest Pincer exist. And I do say Plague on Skirial here because its other STAB moves are special. Subliminal Radio Wave, Sting Ray, Poison Pressure, Wind Force, Plague would make this a decent poison-air-insect type.

2020-06-29 21:06:56

So, just out of curiosity, and anyone can answer.

Which Manamon in Manamon 2 are, in your opinion at least, not realizing their full potential? For me, Jagzeom is the one that disappointed me. It starts out with good stats and a pretty good move set, but doesn't, as far as I can tell pick up any moves over 90 power after level 47 or so. If this Manamon got more powerful undead moves to match its great stats, it could give Fiendour a run for its money.

When the wandering fire strikes the heart of stone, will you follow? Will you take ... the longest road?
Guy Gavriel Kay

discord: tayo134

2020-06-29 21:08:05

And because a post came in while I was writing mine:

I evolved Cowmoono instantly upon its transformation from Boveel, and I got all of its moves, I believe. It still got Staff Slash, Attack Prayer, Takedown, Restoring Light and Holy Claw, which is about the best that holy cow can do.

2020-06-29 21:15:59

There is a boss that alternates between putting up a shield you have to break through, and a bomb box you have to kill before it blows up. Not every round, of course, but that's one of the gimmicks. Having beaten the game a few times, I know what to expect, so I'm ready for it. My team is around level 60 for that boss, so I just bull through it. By the time he drops the bomb box, he's pretty much dead. So I finish killing him then kill the bomb box. I lose some mons through that whole sequence, but it doesn't matter that much. I'm still in no danger of losing.

2020-06-29 21:47:34

I'm usually around 52-55 for that particular fight. It gave me fits the first time through, and I wasn't a big fan. As I say, I'm still not. But it's a lot easier to deal with now. And so long as you don't rely on sleep, poison or moves like Powerfang or Piledriver or whatnot to do most of your work for you, you'll probably be able to just brute-force it, which is just sad, really.

Incidentally, I really do not believe that Zimbat's line should get Piledriver. It's a freaking bat! How about we give it a special-type air move that's stronger than Wind Force, and Energy Pulse while we're at it? lol I would happily lose Piledriver for a new 80-power air move and Energy Pulse. Hell, I'd even give up Flying Frenzy as well (which Oristar gets at a higher level). to put this in perspective, I believe Flying Frenzy is 130 power, and when you use it, you lose accuracy and (I think?) some other stat as well. Would make a one-turn nuke, but then you have to switch. Nah, no thanks, not when it's physical and Oristar so badly wants to be special.

Oh BTW, Recobrah now gets Decibel Rush, so at least now its sound type isn't a pure liability anymore.

2020-06-29 22:03:54

Zinbat's line appears to be making an attempt at being a support mon, with stuff like team immunity. Except, what's the point of putting that on one of the squishiest mons out there? Setting up will just kill you.

Oh well, at least its a non-holy type that tries to be support. There aren't too many of those out there. A fair few mons get one or two support moves, but almost all true support mons are holy. Domestress is one exception I can think of, are there any others?

2020-06-29 22:03:59

Jade, I think this is a matter of preference, and you and I just simply aren't interested in the same type of game, which is perfectly fine. I am not one for long and tedious games. I like tedious things, but not in games. It's just my preference. It just is what it is. And yes, if I could cheat to level my team up a bit, I certainly would, but I can't in this game, so that also is what it is. We all prefer different things, as you yourself have said in the past, so no worries at all. I am glad you enjoy the game. I enjoyed manamon 1 much more. I didn't mind the guards and lazers in that one, and in fact the maizes, even without your walkthrough, were pretty straight forward to me, aside from the mythicals, which is optional anyway.