2020-06-29 22:30:23

Of course, you have a right to like what you like, and to dislike what you dislike. It's not your preferences I'm taking an issue with. But essentially if I were a developer, I would have to take your specific gripes with an extremely large grain of salt. Like it or not, but your views don't generally go hand in hand with what people expect from a game, so it's not as if a dev is failing some sort of dev test by not catering to you in these instances. So characterizing Aaron as arrogant because he's doing things you don't like, when the things you don't like are probably what make the game as good as it is for a fair majority of folks, is what I was trying to get at.

Support manamon, let me see.
Wizzell tries to be support, I think. Not sure how it does with that.
Myaneko tries to be both support and attack at the same time, and it dies horribly if it's hit.
Sacraloon wants to be support, but it's actually got good enough bulk on its own that you're probably better off running special attacks on it and just making it a screener with Daring Comeback and couple of holy moves.
Tarboo tries to be support, but it's really weird.
Snowmonno tries to be an annoyer, and fails horribly because it's another glass cannon.

I have this list of like 7-8 manamon I want to run through the game with. Too bad the team is only half a dozen.
Squarpha: looks good on paper; does it work?
Bombusect: It gets Plague, Counterspell and Limb Thrust, and is actually not as bad as it used to be. Who knew?
Cofatena: Really, really have to try this thing out and see if it's busted.
Snowmonno: A favourite from manamon 1 if I wanted to live dangerously, and now it gets even more attack/special attack/speed.
Sullorb: Again, looks good on paper (much better than it used to be).
Jagzeom: I really have to give this one another go.
Dormanoid: I want to use Unshackle in a playthrough, even if it's late game. Also want to see how it plays through the game.
Pandourbit: More move variety and better equips might make this guy even better, and he was already pretty good.

See what I mean? So many manamon, so little team space.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

2020-06-29 22:54:32

hi.
can anyone tell me how to get the last form of deroink?

I am a divine being. I can be called a primordial deity, but that might be pushing it, a smidge. I am the only one of my kind to have ten tails, with others having nine. I don't mean to sound arrogant, but I have ascended my own race.

2020-06-29 23:06:41

You get the last form of Dirroink by using the search feature.
It won't tell you exactly how to do it but it will give you a pretty good notion of where to start. At that point you should be able to narrow it down pretty easily.
I just checked, again, and yes, it's in search simply by looking up Dirroink's name. Ten or eleven entries down. Took under forty seconds to find. Please, please, do your own legwork.

2020-06-30 01:42:04

Honestly, Jagzem's pretty good for what it does. It's a relatively slow mixed attacker, that won't die *t* quickly, if I remember correctly. It gets Necro Jab, Beyond Bolt and Dessicate Beam along with Oblivion Dance, so from my experience, it hasn't been that bad.
Honestly, Pegastorm has been the dud of my team. It's not bad, but it dies wayy too quickly and doesn't always deal enough damage (though I'm investing in speed mostly, so there's that).

A winner is you!
—Urban Champion

2020-06-30 01:50:35

I looked in the search feature, and I am stuck on ascendance path with the many areas of ice, water, and it looks like fire? I can't seem to find all the areas, and I'm not sure what it is I should be doing. Any help appreciated, thanks.

2020-06-30 03:03:26

Haven't finish the game, so can't say anything. But I'm playing this for real this time.

2020-06-30 03:43:34

I am determined to finish it, so I can say I did. Then, it will be put away for a long, long time.

2020-06-30 04:19:26

If you found the fire area, you run past the fireballs and go east and climb the pole. Then you're in a poison-themed area with acid rain and swampy terrain. At that point all you have to do is find the door. But that's tricky, because the area is mazelike. Tip: you want to try and get sort of toward the southwest, then go south, then double back to the east.

2020-06-30 05:22:45

Anyone have any tips for traversing the catacombs without becoming hysterical? Just general directions will do fine; I've gotten through once before, but it's looking like I could use the catacombs to take the 20000 steps necessary to evolve the walking transformations and still not get through even the first floor.

When the wandering fire strikes the heart of stone, will you follow? Will you take ... the longest road?
Guy Gavriel Kay

discord: tayo134

2020-06-30 06:35:34

Have we confirmed that it takes 20000 steps to transform walking transformations? Because I did more than that in the past and it didn't work. I feel like it's also a function of levelling and battling and such, not pure step count. Unless that was once the result of a bug and is now fixed.

2020-06-30 07:16:35

You're probably right. I took a mutmo for a walkabout purely to level, but it didn't transform until after I had walked a certain number of steps while levelling other members of my team; the evolution sneaked up on me  when I gained another level.

When the wandering fire strikes the heart of stone, will you follow? Will you take ... the longest road?
Guy Gavriel Kay

2020-06-30 10:34:03 (edited by pulseman45 2020-06-30 10:40:20)

@Jayde: I tried both Sullorb and Squarpha. From what I remember, Squarpha gets stuff like manatize, energy pulse and hydronova, isn't too squichy and has an ability which can be nice every so often.
Sullorb is indeed not bad, but I'm not sure it gets anything else than Star Fall to use with manatize. It frustrated me enough that I eventually boxed it and replaced it. But I'm pretty sure it's fine enough otherwise to use it until the end.
I already talked about Bombusect, I don't personally see it much as a special attacker even though it's ultimately not that bad at it.
Also I quite liked Rumblebee if I can say so myself. Got a Waspunch with good stat potential over all, maxed out strength and then health as soon as possible, gave it root point and it's not that bad imo. Definitely not perfect, with a rather late sucker punch and I think too many special moves getting in the way. And perhaps it might benefit from something like aerial caper and some coverage against flying type, but I can't find anything realistic so far.
Edit: I saw you talked about Squarpha and I even managed to forget that it gets Flood. Better than Hydronova indeeed.

2020-06-30 12:08:48

Just defeated the hyper symphonid and in the Brytanburg West. Never gotten this far before when I first get the game. School and stuff in the way. And I was also stuck with the boss in Shadow Canyon.

2020-06-30 13:03:19

I see Sullorb as a physical attacker, not a special attacker, honestly. The grand majority of the moves I've seen it use are physical.
Squarpha is definitely gonna be on my next team, whenever and whatever that will be. It sucked in manamon 1 because it relied on Tri Beam and Bubble Burst for damage, and that's it. But with Flood, Energy Pulse and even Hydro Nova, this thing may be worth keeping around. I just can't make up my mind what I want to do. But I'm bored out of my tree, so I've got to do something. lol

2020-06-30 13:59:29

I believe fingon and fowliture.
I've discovered something when rechallenging hyper forms.
The ethernity angel can be restrained.
After you use that move on him, you probably won't stop laughing after you see what the boss does during his turn.

2020-06-30 14:13:07

I wanted to say that fingon is a non-holy supporter, but I didn't write that, ohhhh.
I can't figure out how to edit posts, I don't know why.

2020-06-30 14:44:35

Fingon is weird. He does get aquatic blitz now though, so at least he can take advantage of hone blade.

2020-06-30 14:51:48

Fingon has one of the screen moves, but it also gets Hone Blade and Aquatic Blitz, so it can turn sweeper in a turn or two. It also has surprisingly good stats, and at least one good ability. The only real downside to Fingon is that it's stuck with almost all water moves. Seriously, watch two Fingon try to kill each other and you will see what I mean. It's got good stats and relatively bad moves, and this is a common issue.

So I took a few manamon from my old manamon 1 save and brought them to the move tutor in Brytanburg for the fun of it. Here's what I found.
Bayowoof does indeed get Chomp, and...that's pretty much it as far as coverage goes. Still, it's got decent stats.
Tigrath gets the ability Skilled Jaw. Its only moves to take advantage of this are Dark Fang and Chomp. We really need elemental bite moves the way we have elemental punches. Also, Hydro Fang needs to be on more than just Submenno and Frenrir.
Wizzell is a bust. Gets Tri-beam as its best attacking move, so you can definitely put this one on the list of support manamon. Other notable moves include Smoke and Mirrors, Mystic Guard, Manatize, Demanatize, Eternal Vortex and Screen Shatter. Ability means it can't be trapped. Uh, no thanks. Needs better move variety and needs healing. It's not as frail as in manamon 1 but still does not do well.
Miterosier now gets both screens, plus Lunar Cannon. So it gets strong holy moves of both physical and special type, and it also gets Libation. This squirrel doesn't know what it wants. Again, most pokemon don't do this; even if they get moves from both sides of the spectrum, they can still have a diverse moveset by sticking to one or the other. Design failure IMO, but hey, at least it has more move variety and better sticking power, so it's not completely busted.
Sponginate apparently learns Miracle Adrenaline, then a really random and pointless Shell Break. Seriously, who is using physical moves on Sponginate that require a 40-power standard-type move that lowers defense to set up? No thanks. Try harder. Also, why did this thing need an evolution? Seriously, why? It was plenty good already, and evolving didn't even really improve it. In fact, I think it actually -loses an ability...so what gives?

2020-06-30 15:46:10

Jade, I found the water area and some grassy area, but no fire yet. I mentioned fire because there is something I found in the search feature where someone was mentioning the fire and poison areas. I just can't seem to find them.

2020-06-30 15:58:33

Follow walls, Zuckuss. In the watery area, following walls is important. You will find yourself a revival mist if you go down one path, but if you go the other way you'll eventually find a post that will lead you to the fire area, which is thankfully much, much smaller.

Good news is, you're very, very close to the end of the game now. Like, if you find that post to climb, you can be at the master stadium in under fifteen minutes if you can handle one last random-ish challenge. Be ready for webs, counter moves and health regen.

2020-06-30 16:48:11

So sponginate isn't one of the  walkers ... good to know. Aaron Baker needs to update with better moves for quite a few manamon--Lintiroon has a wonderfully high special attack that never, ever gets used, just as an example.

Guy Gavriel Kay

2020-06-30 17:22:44

Well, Limtoroom's also got decent attack, gets Solar Conversion, and gets Gammadrain and Takedown, and is fairly bulky. But it does randomly get Manatize. So yeah.
It's the same old song and dance, really. Aaron wants manamon to be represented in large part by their moves. If each manamon had, say, 20-30 moves with varying type coverage it could use, and within that move pool there were multiple good sets that weren't all variations on exactly the same thing, then okay. Great. I'd be fine with that. But what often happens is that a manamon is represented not because it's good, but precisely because it's bad. Instead of me thinking "Ooh, Tigrath learns Chomp and has Skilled Jaw; that's going to hurt", which alone is a good thing, I think, "God, why does it only get two jaw-based moves, one of which is under 60 power?). Instead of thinking "It's cool that the Zimbat line now gets Psychedelic Spell, since it can also confuse with it, which powers it up, and that's a neat gimmick", I find myself asking, "where the hell is its good air coverage? Flying Frenzy doesn't count.". If Aaron wants his manamon to be represented by their move pool, he actually has to make those move pools memorable for good reasons, not bad ones. As I've said before, he's probably the kind of dude who thinks a moveset of Tunnel, Quake, Earthquake, Sandstorm and Rock Barrage is an excellent Alluppig set. Pro-tip: that's god-awful coverage on an earth type. Rock Barrage does help, but three freaking earth moves plus Sandstorm is just screaming redundancy.

This is why I tend to pick manamon of multiple types that can use their stats well. Sullorb gets Spirit Force. Angorge gets Mud Blast and Hydro Nova, both of which can help it deal with one of its weaknesses (electric). Martiagle gets Berserk Branch, which is great against those pesky stone types that might otherwise wall it pretty hard. See, those are great starts, but they're present in less than 30% of manamon, in my experience.

Seriously. Someone help me make up my mind and set me a stiff challenge.

A couple of options I've been thinking about:
1. Pure mono type (i.e., all magic, all standard, etc); for extra difficulty, the team is only four or five manamon
2. A team where each manamon only has one type (so no dual or triple types); same deal, 4-5 manamon
3. All glass cannons (Myaneko, Urainaman, Snowmonno, Ursinearator) which can dish out pain but can't take hits; I'd need to compile a list of bonna fide glass cannons
4. A theme (all the Mutmo transformations? all cats? an entire team weak to one particular type?)
5. A team of manamon that never evolves (again, 4-5 manamon on the team to make it harder)
6. use 4-5 favourites, but no healing items in battle (obviously working on the honour system here)
7. A team of six Artisoul with varying movesets

2020-06-30 17:47:24

I've wondered (and have asked before, I think) what a full team of Artisoul would look like. What kind of moves would each one have. I've got some that tend toward strength and others that have good magic attack. I've mostly put gimmick moves on them like implant and deSoul and ultrascent to insure they don't miss. This was mentioned on here before which is where I got the idea, but ultrascent and then either execution, soul ripper, or both. This is cheesy as hell, and it works on anything that's not a boss. Maybe I should get serious with these and try to make a team that can cover absolutely everything and put up screens and toss in status and the like.

2020-06-30 18:06:35

Instead of oing 5 manamon that don't evolve, why not do 5 manamon that can evolve, but you don't let them, limiting your stats.

A winner is you!
—Urban Champion

2020-06-30 18:29:08

here would be my ideal setup for a full team of Artisoul.

1: Physical Sweeper (Irod Pendant, Chrono Core)
Moves: Hone Blade, Earthquake, Blaze Rampage, Spirit Force/Clobber, Crystal Slash/Black Ice/Nature Dance/Sparking Tail
Train points: attack and speed
Purpose: physical sweeping; huge coverage, and Hone Blade gives it plenty of clout

2. Speedy Sweeper (Angel Pendant, Ambush Guard)
Moves: Rev Up, Protect, Stone Spin, Swift Slam, Blaze Punch
Train points: speed, followed by a bit of attack, followed by defenses and HP
Purpose: Rev Up gives passive speed boosts every round, which will boost Stone Spin and Swift Slam to ridiculous heights eventually; Blaze Punch for the steel types who don't care about either of those moves; the only manamon in the game that will easily survive this set is Pandourbit, though Craggalem may be troublesome as well

3. Special Sweeper (Chrono Core, whatever the magical equivalent of Irod Pendant is, I misremember at present)
Moves: Hone Mind, Sonic Force, Flood/Poison Pressure, Shadow Sphere/Beyond Bolt/Mighty Shuriken, Superspark/Freeze Ray/Plague
Train points: special attack, speed
Purpose: covers a bunch of types, but don't get redundant; if you have Spirit Force on the physical Artisoul, don't put Beyond Bolt on the special one. There are even more options than I've listed here, but these are attacks that you really want on your team.

4. Annoyer (angel pendant)
Moves: Pollution Solution, Protect, Powerfang, Subliminal Radio Wave/Magic Lights, Horrify/Sturdy Stone/Stonewall
Train points: HP and defenses
Purpose: to annoy the ever-loving snot out of everything that isn't a boss. Confusion is here because it's very rare to come across a manamon that isn't vulnerable to it. Some manamon (especially ghosts) will not be harmed by Powerfang, and some manamon will be immune to poison, but to my knowledge, nothing is straight-up immune to confusion, poison and Powerfang all at once. If this thing can't take down its current target, just switch. Your last move depends on what you want to do. Horrify will lead to even more difficulty in hitting you, and will help you stay alive. Sturdy Stone is situational, but pairs well with Confusion. Stonewall sets a trap, never misses, and will ensure that your foe can't get away; less useful in tamer battles because tamers don't switch.

5. Boss Killer (Re-arm Band)
Moves: Final Thunder, Contained Quake, Stun Volt, Subliminal Radio Wave, Condemn
Train points: split three ways between attack, special attack and speed
Purpose: Both of its attacking moves are big nukes which sharply lower its stats. Re-arm Band will let it come back to its normal stats once a move is used a second time. Parafuse (paralysis+confusion) works well on most bosses,a nd in many instances you aren't alone, so pair this with one or both sweepers for best effects. Condemn will soften up a boss if used once, so this will further enable your team to do damage.

6. El Cheapo (Speed Anklet V2.0)
Moves: Ultrascent, Soul Ripper, Zap Slam, Blind Rush, Aerial Caper
Train points: speed first, then HP and some attack
Purpose: You want this thing to be quick, because it may have to spend every other turn using Ultrascent in order to do big damage. Zap Slam and Blind Rush are for when the OHKO won't work, and Aerial Caper will give you even more speed, plus beef up your electric and fighting moves, one of which will cause paralysis and the other of which is big damage and an enormous crit chance (again, only Pandourbit will resist both moves, and he dies to Soul Ripper).

This team is not invincible, but it's the best I could scratch out in fifteen minutes or so. You could make a screen-setter, a tank, a status avoider with Team Immunity, but I really don't see the point.