2020-06-21 16:38:25

Stronger moves like Flame Blizzard, Ice Tempest, even Draco Breaker, I'm partially okay with there being penalties to. But I think Toxic Tail got forgotten when Sparking Tail's accuracy was improved. For a 100-power move, I think 90 accuracy is fine on it. That, or reduce its power to 90 and make it 100% accurate. Poison Ball is, as I recall, 95 power and 100 accuracy, which gives special poison types an advantage. Blaze Rampage is something like 90 power and 100 accuracy. Superspark is 95 power and 100 accuracy. Flood is 85 power, I believe, and not only does it have 100 accuracy, it flat-out doesn't miss. Earthquake is 100 power and 100 accuracy. Iron Maiden is 100 power, at least, and 100 accuracy, though that one can raise your def. Decibel Rush, too, is pretty strong, but can also make you temporarily immune to sound moves, which makes that move kind of awful unless it OHKOs.

Fun fact: In manamon 1, we had sound, standard, holy, earth, magic, electric and "balance", whatever that means. Then we had flame, air, water, sound again, and the master fight.
In manamon 2, we have insect, water, plant, shadow, flame again, undead and dragon. Then for the finals we have fighting, ghost, steel, standard (again) and the finals.
So we have standard twice, sound twice and flame twice.
We don't have poison, ice or stone yet, and I think that's a shame. If there is a manamon 3, I really hope some of this imbalance is addressed. Ice is, in point of fact, one of my favourite types thematically. If I ever made a Manamon game, I guarantee you we'd have ice puzzles and an ice-based challenge somewhere.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

2020-06-21 17:19:06

@76 The thing is though, there were no repeats in the stadium challenges themselves.
Deffinitely need to grind up all of the evolutions (and somehow get my Manamon 1 team to like level 90 at least, though that'll take a while. Would love to complete the game on my own save file personally, though I think someone had a completed save file floating about.

A winner is you!
—Urban Champion

2020-06-21 18:16:43

Yeah I'm not saying absolutely every single move should be 100 accurate, but even pounce and headbutt and some of the lower end moves have an accuracy penalty. Why? And I see Centiplex gets Powerfang. This move truly is everywhere. It really does seem like it's on all but maybe 1 or 2 manamon sometimes. What is the significance of this particular move that it has to be as prevalent as it is? Yeah I think if Toxic Tail had 90 accuracy or more I just might take it instead of Scourge Tail. I wonder why something like Toxic Tail or Sparking Tail can miss like it does, but it seems like execution, which has 35 accuracy or something, hits damn near every time. That and Soul Ripper are precisely why I struggle against things like Rhinodyo and Viralite if they're faster. It's what they usually lead with. If they miss, I consider myself very, very lucky.

2020-06-21 21:41:05

Wish there was a comprehensive move list that had its power, accuracy, and description somewhere.

A winner is you!
—Urban Champion

2020-06-22 02:41:17

I have one for manamon 1, but I don't think anyone has created one for manamon 2, unless you count the developer, and I highly doubt he will share.

2020-06-22 03:45:39

People tend to remember bad things happening more often than good ones, so my suspicion is that Execution and Soul Ripper hit as often as they do only because you don't remember or care about the times that they miss. Unless, of course, there is a way to make a move display an accuracy that isn't real, or to have AI have a higher accuracy than you, but I...really doubt that's a thing, because that's slimy as hell.

Pokémon has small accuracy penalties with things like Tackle as well, so that part makes a little sense. It also makes thematic sense. These are weak moves used by weak manamon who haven't come fully into their own yet. It would be lovely if they always hit, since they're also weak, but having some of them (read: not all of them) be 95 accuracy is okay with me.
But yeah, I've discussed this to death. Accuracy is a problem with both of these games, always has been and probably always will be. I seriously wish I could get the go-ahead to make manamon 3, or be part of that development cycle in a serious way, because I feel like I'd not only have fun, but be able to do a good job with manamon design and balance, not to mention a story. I even have a good story cooking.

2020-06-22 06:28:51

And...there she goes. Game is now beaten for the...tenth time? Eleventh? Not sure. Either way, this time it was definitely harder. The steel stadium master nearly walled me because virtually my entire team is weak to steel and I had very few answers for it. If he'd had a Mightauras, or used better moves, he'd have beaten me hard. But I got through.

So I'm gonna change this up a little bit. I only wish I could record.

Why don't you folks set me a challenge? A particular sort of team (all manamon share one type, each manamon only has one type, etc)? A specific team of busted mons, or a team of 3-4 mons instead of a full half dozen? Set me a reasonable but difficult challenge and I will see if I can meet it.

Also, I think it's high time I got back to basics and traded off all my chrono cores. I have four of them. If anyone wants them, holler in here. If you end up grabbing all four, my gentle request is that you maybe spread the wealth around as you're able, at least eventually.

Just for clarity's sake:

Reasonable challenge would be using Chimerus, Mightauras, Cerberat and Dussocket only.
Unreasonable would be using Miterosier, Myaneko and Vishthaugh only.

2020-06-22 07:37:03

I'd be curious to hear you do a playthrough of this game where you just bulled through with all of your favorites. I think that's the one thing we haven't heard yet is a speedrun of these games in whatever way that's possible. I've heard blind playthroughs and some where they didn't seem to catch onto what was happening like using entirely the wrong type and dying over and over again, but not anything resembling a speedrun. I just did all the last resort protocol stuff and it was maybe the second easiest of the bosses. It just really is feast or famine with this team I have. There is no in between.

2020-06-22 08:31:26

I think a team of my absolute favourites is Sylphantom, Mightauras, Symphonid, Sirenea, Volanteral and Garganchan, though others in that top list include Grandlan (purely for its coverage, which I've noted before is absolutely off the chart), Mantasteel, Wavotamus, Fowlusion, Maustadon and Glimerodo.

I'm not really interested in just bullrushing with my favourites. I've done it before, but it wasn't a pure speedrun. I'm not interested in optimizing every part of a playthrough that way. I'd rather have challenge than constant nitpickery that can be fucked over by one miss, one critical hit or one misstep or missed cue. Also, I don't have a list of tamers, and I'm not intending on making one, so it's not as if I go tweak my team before every fight.

I am leaning very slightly toward a magic playthrough currently (Sullorb, Cofatena, Oristar, Brain Dodderator. Squarpha, Mondevol) but am still wide open to the idea of another challenge. Someone who has used or is using Mondevol, mind telling me if this thing's best magic move is still Aura Master, or does it get Energy Pulse along with Superspark now? Because if it gets Energy Pulse or something like that, it can become the special attacker it's always wanted to be, especially with Sonic Screech, which is a lovely addition to its moveset.

2020-06-22 15:27:51

Nope it's still aura master. It gets another electric move late in the game but I fail and I forget what it's called. It does a lot of damage then lowers your magic attack by 1 or 2 I think and has 5 usage points.

2020-06-22 16:25:36

You're thinking of Final Thunder. Great nuke move if you're going to switch or really only need one hit to finish a fight. A real pity about lack of better magic moves though. I always keep Final Thunder on Glimerodo, even if I only bust it out as an occasional heavy hit.

2020-06-22 17:20:51

Yep and Mondevol gets this at level 70.

2020-06-22 18:02:09

I still don't understand why Shadina gets Sonic Screech...x doesn't help it at all...If it got Battlecry, that would be different.

A winner is you!
—Urban Champion

2020-06-22 19:16:12

Hmm, didn't know that Mondevol got Final Thunder and Superspark now, I allways thought it was just Electric Shock in Manamon 1. Is their a place wear I can actually find Montor before the postgame or do I have to... Trade for one? Don't say the only way I can get one is through trade... I know in Manamon 1 you could find them in the Manalyth Factory, but their is no Manalyth Factory in this game.

Barren Byron used Nature Overdrive!

2020-06-22 20:57:02

If you want to pay 7000 credits for a montor then go ahead and do that.

2020-06-22 21:37:10

I'd rather pay over 7000 credits for one, even 51000 credits, as long as I don't have to trade. Guess I'll start grinding credits now.

2020-06-22 21:53:37

If you're good at hangman then that's fine.
But I personally collect gold, buy tokens and play slot machines for grinding credits.

2020-06-22 22:49:08

Random thought: I forgot about the tamer in ascendance path who says something about text to speech and pronunciation, and singing! A singing speech synthesizer. Oh, the horror! Why must the line that separates Manamon from reality be so thin at times as to be nonexistent?

2020-06-23 01:19:02

You can pay credits for a Montor, or you can beat the game, then import one from manamon 1 if you own one. Or, as I said, you can trade one. Trading in manamon 2 is not difficult at all.

2020-06-23 02:25:14

What is weak to steel? I find I have a tough time against steel and holy types in battles, but it's probably because of the types on my team.

2020-06-23 02:32:55

I'm starting to wonder if maybe there's a better ghost than Mortrex for Manamon 2. Sylphantom maybe?

2020-06-23 03:36:31

Mortrex is sort of an all-arounder. Psycho Trick is great for status but not so great for damage. I'm pretty sure Mortrex gets Shadow Sphere, but it definitely gets Chaos Energy later, which is a great special shadow move. It also wrecks nearly everything with Diabolical Fire (Remullion hates that move, seriously).
Sylphantom is fast, has decent special attack, slightly lower defenses and great HP. It's actually a really weird stat build. It gets things like Broil, Swarm Storm and Beyond Bolt, plus Stunning Call (why this over Glare?), plus at least one good move that I'm missing and can't remember. Its ability increases its speed and its evasiveness a little bit, which gives it more survivability than it's already got. It's one of my favourites, honestly.

Thought of a neat challenge. All dragons.
So the team would be only Dramegon, Glimerodo, Dragomier and Volanteral. This would make Byron a seven-on-four, and would make the last resort protocol difficult due to the bomb boxes potentially wiping out 75% of my team immediately.

2020-06-23 03:54:40

I have yet to see shadow sphere for Mortrex though and it's close to level 75. It gets eclipse rocket which I passed on. And chaos energy it got in the 40s I think? Maybe that's why I was having issues with some things in the master stadium. Mortrex just doesn't seem to do a lot of damage unless you are hitting more than one weakness at once, or hitting supershitty defense. The Kangachan in the master stadium got the spirit staff v2 and was hitting for effective damage for quite a bit. The last time I played this game I don't remember even getting hit with it. It just died. And then Giganatan just spams stunning call because it can't do anything else. That means I either need as many curing items as there are usage points for that move, or just leave it on. And I hate trying to fight through most status. Shame the game is written in such a way that it goes for those moves first, and just keeps spamming them and running them into the ground. Or maybe that's exactly how it's supposed to work. Seems dumb though.

2020-06-23 03:56:46

Did you ever go back to the move relearner? Perhaps Mortrex gets Shadow Sphere that way. Or perhaps I'm just full of it.

Mortrex should conceivably be able to OHKO Kangachan or Giganatan with Psychotrick.

2020-06-23 04:01:11 (edited by boy 2020-06-23 04:03:27)

Sylphantom is the final form of Glarie, correct? I just played around with it on the completed manapedia save, and have now added it to the list of favorite Manamon, in my opinion. Insect and ghost attacks, plus Smoke and Mirrors for confusion, plus Ancxious which increases it's speed and ivasion. And when doing that, I just did something really, really stupid. I didn't backup my current save and will now have to either start over playing normally, or go through this whole trade process again. Well, looks like it's time to start breeding for good stats. This time, I'm going to try and see how far I can get with a team of favorites, even if it's busted or doesn't have the type coverage for beating bosses passed Barren Byron. Well, I guess I'll have to ask someone to baby sit when the team is ready even though I hate making people sit at their computers with a game open, waiting for me to finish the first stadium.