2020-06-20 07:19:17 (edited by Shadowcat 2020-06-20 07:50:52)

Exactly, hence why I said only if you wanted to rip your hair out. big_smile
Edit: Bonus fact, if you ever do actually do that team, you may be happy to know that bayowoof does in fact pick up a very welcome chomp at some point.

"You know nothing of death... allow me to teach you!" Dreadlich Tamsin
Download the latest version of my Bokura no Daibouken 3 guide here.

2020-06-20 07:57:07

Thank heavens for that. Bayowoof with Chomp makes him at least livable. At last check, his stats were fairly decent, too, though I'm not sure if I'll use him. I also know Chillardent gets Retribution, but that's a really gimicky situational move that requires you be weak, and that's not always a good thing since Chillardent has a fair HP stat but fairly bad defenses.

Turns out Sanctosole gets both screens eventually, which is nice. It definitely doesn't really need the physical one since it's a nice physical wall, but its special defense is weaker, so that could be useful. I could see a setup like Attack Prayer, Righteous Rend, Beyond Bolt, Divine Barrier and Desoul or something on it. I'm still not precisely overjoyed with it, but it's not bad either. It does work. It wouldn't belong on team busted.
I just beat Byron, he was a joke. I suspect the poor elephant will be even more of one since he's double-weak to holy, being undead and ice type, and every single one of my manamon has a holy move. Definitely not happy with Kaboerain though. Wish it got Flood, Deluge or even Drench instead of Aquatic Blitz. Decent enough stats - surprisingly good attack, actually - but I'm not a big fan of mixing my train points between two attacking stats when I shouldn't have to.

Sure enough, the poor Maustadon is dead. Took exactly four rounds, and none of my manamon even died. Had perfect glasses on Kaboerain since it resists undead and ice and is neutral to earth. Took it down by pelting it with Holy Light from Kaboerain, Staff Slash from Kamadeir and Righteous Rend from Sanctosole. I had to stop at one point because it got a couple of crits in, and I didn't want to have somebody die (not that it matters, everybody gets exp)...but yeah. Whole team is 51-54 now, and there aren't any more fights between me and the last battle. Just a whole pile of traps. Doing those tomorrow.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

2020-06-20 18:24:27

You're right.
I got the impression the main plot is over after that trap test and when Oghma is dead.
I know I still have 3 keys to collect, but to me it is already post-game-ish.
Why? Because there are no comments, just what the leaders say.

2020-06-20 18:33:00

lol There was a huge tsunami near Mordant Island, and some dude is blocking access. So when you go there afterword, there's no sign whatsoever of tsunami damage, no quests or side material to play with. It's literally just an island with some chill music and an undead stadium and an old dude who wants your Symphonid for his Bayowoof. This is probably the most egregious and nonsensical impediment to travel in this game, followed very closely by the guy in Tradale Coast who's like "You're not getting past cuz I said so", then randomly runs away for...reasons. Oh well. No one said this game was perfect, and it's still fun to play if you just hand-wave bits of it.

2020-06-20 19:02:55

Guess what, I have an idea!
I would do a play through manamon2 and try crossing Sonasette thunnel as soon as I got the ice shoes.
I would see whatever I could see at that point- a person, a blocked rockslide to Sonasette or whatever else.
I have the impression you can enter Sonasette as soon as you are able to cross ice, but that probably is not the case.
Because the game disappointed me, if I were to start a play through, I would cheat using the training points trick and I would one-shoot the bosses for fun.

2020-06-20 20:41:00

I wish I could change the story text, even if only to no longer see things like puff puff, I puffed. That and "dances a sinister dance," and "a burst of energy bursts," and "she stepped back a step." Every time I see these, I find myself tempted to smash things. Oh well. I guess talking about it isn't going to get it changed. It certainly hasn't gotten it changed thus far.

2020-06-21 00:01:44

In manamon 1, there was this crew doing a film in starwalk mountain. then, suddenly, they were just gone. There was also this  huge rockslide in the first tunnel, and then, poof, no rockslide at all. It's amazing how that works!

2020-06-21 00:09:44

So I haven't used  Koberain at all (since I picked the starter), but  what's bad about Aquatic Blitz that makes it worse than Drench or Flood? Just curious.
How would you compare all of the st>ters in this game? Which one is the best, and which one (I assume Koberain) is the worst?

A winner is you!
—Urban Champion

2020-06-21 02:28:08

Aquatic Blitz is a great move, actually. The problem is, it's physical. The only special water moves Kaboerain gets are Holy Water and Bubble Burst. So if you want your Kaboerain to be a pure special attacker, it's going to be relying on underwhelming water moves.

As for starters? None of them in this game are overwhelming, but I'd have to say Bamboustica is the best of them, while Golovath is the worst.
Bamboustica is fast, gets dual STAB in Petal Storm and Wild Vibration (which both thankfully go off its special attack, which is higher than its attack), and also gets Sting Ray for some reason. It gets Miracle Adrenaline if you're into that sort of thing.
Kaboerain has balanced stats, gets the moves I mentioned before plus Holy Light and Lunar Cannon, gets a random Electric Shield and Stunning Call, and gets Steel Horn when it transforms into Gowater. It's not awful, but it could be better. It's solidly middle of the road.
Golovath is fast and has good special attack, which it can raise. The issue is, it gets pretty much only flame moves to use it on (Fire Breath, Torch, Terramagma, which makes it go last on the next turn). It gets Sunshine Song, which helps it out, but otherwise its only other move is Jumplets, which isn't terrible but isn't great. It is absolutely dead meat against anything it's weak to, which the other two starters definitely don't have to worry about quite so much. It's perfectly serviceable, but of the three starters, it's the worst because it's a one-trick pony, and starters should be more than that IMO.

2020-06-21 04:00:08

My own team is now hovering around level 60. I don't foresee any problems with the rest of the game, as I'm about to hid Validation Road. Did catch a Turoison though, and ye gods is it ever bad! It's level 39 and neither of its attack stats is over 64 (attack is 63, special attack is a whopping 54). Its defenses are great, but...well, Sponginate does the great defenses thing, and has way more attack. I'll play with it - maybe it just has atrocious stats or something - but I'm not feeling confident of it. May ditch it from team poison.

2020-06-21 04:03:49

So I finally got around to getting my new old favorites traded in and am to the eternity angel. I don't remember having this much trouble with it before. Now it's just killing everything with iron maiden. It's always a critical hit for almost 300 hp, which nothing on my team has. Not even Mondevol which has 190. Kinda hard to argue with that then. Just use most powerful move, get killed with iron maiden, paralyze it, confuse it, hope you get lucky. Can't wait to see what Byron's gonna be like. I'm thinking plant apocalypse or whatever those things are six times and then game over. Hurrrrrrr durrrrrrr. I've never been too crazy about status moves and all that stuff, maybe I should add in more of those.

2020-06-21 04:15:55

My first run-through of the Eternity Angel I didn't have that much trouble with Iron Maiden. The counters were the problem, but after I just buffed my team up enough, I could just brute force it. Fun times.

A winner is you!
—Urban Champion

2020-06-21 04:25:50

I would absolutely to see a breakdown of the different species and types and transformations for this game. I am buying the game, and I want to put together a solid team, but I just don't know enough about the types and transformations to get it done. Jade did a pretty decent job of outlining most of the manamon in manamon 1.

2020-06-21 04:28:20

I'm curious: how easy would an all stone run go?
Cragalem, Simulon, Terrubble, and some others that I know exist but haven't used.

A winner is you!
—Urban Champion

2020-06-21 06:21:52

A mono-stone run would be doable. I'd probably go Craggalem, Volanteral, Sullorb, Simulon/Gargaram, Turrubble and Bulderdash. As it stands, I think those are the only nonmythical stone types anyway.

Other mono teams I've considered are the following:

Magic: Enchandithol, Wizell, Squarpha, Myaneko, Oristar, Mondevol (seriously, I think the only new magic types in manamon 2 are Mirron and Reflorin, and they're very meh)
Sound: Tarboo, Rythmond, Symphonid, Bellaard, Banshreek Shadina
Air: Dragomier, Martiagle, Fowliture, Oristar, Viralite, Skirial
Fighting: Tenshaino, Remullion, Giganatan, Garganchan, Redonkeus, Fyrate
Ice: Snowmonno, Frenrir, Maustadon, Penguilum, Arctana, Deciced
Insect: Centiplex, Bombusect, Symphonid, skirial, Trumer, Daggeetle
Steel: Remullion, Viprolt, Mantasteel, Cofatena, Irond, Mightauras
Water: Frorgerol, Angorge, Dramegon, Squarpha, Submenno, Fingon

2020-06-21 06:46:48

Why not Clovolaird for flying, or Elefrost for ice?

A winner is you!
—Urban Champion

2020-06-21 06:50:47

You weren't kidding when you said Grandlan gets all kinds of new stuff. Right now I've got Aura Master, Tunnel, Scourge tail, Blaze Rampage, and Crystal Slash. I'd like Toxic Tail but I just can't take it seriously with that 80% accuracy. It misses way too much. I'm saying no to other stuff, like Zap Slam and Copy and Eclipse Rocket. Like I said earlier, I feel like most of my team is either going to kill everything in one hit, or die. That's great for the tamers, not so much for the bosses. I have the elephant coming up, and I can just about guarantee Grandlan will probably hit it hard, and die in one hit. Guerrerrol the same. Sacroloon the same. So it'll be up to Mondevol, Mortrex and Deciced to take it from there.

2020-06-21 07:12:22

Yeah, Scourge Tail and Toxic Tail is a toss-up. I keep Toxic Tail around for shadow types...but no, I definitely wasn't kidding. If Aaron wants manamon to be defined by their moves, Grandlan has far too many, and just makes me sad for the other 304 manamon who don't have similar coverage options. Hell, Grandlan even gets an item -AND an ability that boosts its non-STAB moves. Huge, huge slap in the face.

Mitch, Colovaird isn't bad, but Martiagle beats the snot out of it. Both of them are sort of flimsy in the defenses, but at last check Martiagle had a little more going for it, plus Berserk Branch instead of Fury Power. Fury Power hits more types, but it also lowers already awful defenses. Also, Love and War is just an ugly ability. Admittedly, DiveBomb is good, albeit not as good as it should be.
Elephrost is the first form of Maustadon, so no, I didn't miss it.

Plant mono team: Hydrake, Guerrerrol, Banyardan, Junanchel, Treezon, Limtoroom
Flame Mono team: Escargma, Blaizond, Garganchan, Merembear, Ursinearator, Dragomier
Electric Mono team: Titomaton, Mondevol, Erroir, Dussocket, Glimerodo, Storm Jimitron

And I'm starting to realize a funny thing. We're nearly 310 manamon in, and it's actually pretty tough to make full teams for a few types. Insect, undead, dragon, fighting, ice...I mean, you can get there for some of them, barely, but you end up using manamon whose stats, moves or both are bad. Myaneko is on my theoretical magic team even though its only selling points are huge HP, decent special attack and good speed; its weaknesses are all over, and its defenses are so abysmally bad that it is trashed by virtually everything that hits it.

2020-06-21 09:01:59 (edited by Corona 2020-06-21 09:20:41)

Colobaird has an alternative ability, BTW. Clear vision, and... yea, the only new magic types were refloron and chimerus. Chimerus is surely better than myaneko; hig defense and magic attack, althoug In my opinion it's better moves are phisical. It's strenght isn't too bad, 270 or so trained at level 100, magic attack goes up to 321 being near perfect.
Edit. Just remembered, we have cofatena too

2020-06-21 14:01:07

You're right, I forgot all about chimerus. I hate its cry and being part sound basically doubles its ghost and undead weaknesses. Also, it's trying to be a jack of all trades by getting all kinds of moves from both sides of the spectrum. It's not awful, but it's...not all that good. Ever notice that Grandlan's moveset, apart from Eclipse Rocket and Meteor Rush, is all physical? That means it's relatively easy to specialize. An ideal Grandlan moveset (Blaze Rampage, Crystal Slash, Aura Master, Tunnel, Poison Tail) hits poison, flame, air, insect, plant, steel, fighting, dragon, electric, stone, shadow, undead all super-effectively. If you use Scourge Tail, you lose the ability to hit shadow super-effectively, but gain the ability to also hit magic and ghost. That is absolutely insane coverage. Which I actually like in a big-picture sense. If other manamon had even two-thirds of this coverage, I think that would be to the good. But yeah, Chimerus gets magic and sound, plus random Fly and Heaven's Winds. So at best, it can cover fighting, ghost, undead, shadow, plant, insect, stone, ice...but it has to do it with either two-turn attacks with an accuracy penalty (Fly), 60-power special moves (Heaven's Winds) or a mix of physical and special moves (Sonic Force, Aura Impact). Again, it's not awful, but anything Chimerus does, Grandlan does way, way better.
To be fair to Cofatena, I haven't tried it yet. It looks to be balanced at a lot of stuff, but it looks like its only physical magic move is the one that can also be steel. I'm pretty sure it gets Sawtooth, and an immunity to earth actually means it resists a ton of stuff. I'm going to have to seriously try one sometime; getting it near the end of the game when your team is already around level 55-60 doesn't help it here, so maybe I'll breed this one and play around with it.
Anyway, you're right that I forgot those two. That's my fault.

2020-06-21 14:03:00

I discovered a funny think but it's a spoiler.
Just restrain the eternity angel!

2020-06-21 14:27:38

Wow, so many to choose from. I would think a team that is a single type would be kinda screwing yourself though. I mean, let's say you have all plant types, but then you get to the flame type stadium. You're pretty much screwed unless you either have higher levels or just get lucky.

2020-06-21 14:57:06

Now you should have a look at rhinodyo when considering the sound team

2020-06-21 15:31:32

Rhinodyo was terrible in the first game, but you're right, I should at least take a look at it. If it gets Decibel Rush or some other physical sound move, then that might be worthwhile. I remember this thing's stats actually being halfway decent, but in gen 1 it couldn't use them because it got no sound moves at all except (maybe) Volume Level?

Zuckuss, mono teams are deliberately trying to make the game harder, not easier. Holy was my first because there's no stadium leader who flat-out resists holy, and two who are weak to it. It's been a relatively easy run, and has convinced me that Kamadeir is awesome, Pegastorm is trying and failing to be that jack of all trades and needs more accurate moves, Vishthaugh pretty well sucks, Sanctosole isn't half bad, Kaboerain is underwhelming and Daggeetle really needs better moves and maybe even slightly better stats. My next team could either be poison, steel, insect or magic, but it may not be for a bit...I'm just not sure. At this point, I've beaten the game so many times that I'm trying to artificially inflate the difficulty.
And no, before anyone asks, I am not doing a nuzlocke, as I don't find that sort of thing fun, interesting or worthwhile.

In messing about, I did discover something interesting about Chillardent. I haven't looked up its whole moveset, but it gets Tunnel, Retribution and Jumplets. It appears to have high HP, pretty strong attack and good speed, so it actually might make a nice physical sweeper if its learnset is good enough. I was wrong about this one; if I ever do a standard type team, Chillardent will be there.

2020-06-21 16:22:10

Lol I'd argue that if you use Toxic Tail, you lose the ability to, well, hit, really. Seriously, this thing misses an awful lot for 80% accuracy. Sometimes I wish I knew why Aaron was so fond of penalties everywhere. You have your accuracy penalties, plus moves that drop your accuracy, plus moves that increase evasiveness. Take a martiagle. Max out sandy wind. Max out obscure. Now you can watch your opponent practice shadow boxing while you take a break. Rest easy in the knowledge that your opponent won't hit you for as long as you care to drag the fight on. This won't work on bosses, of course, because of restoration and holy smoke and the like.