2020-06-08 21:22:18

Two attempts were made to report this post, and...
Sorry! The page could not be loaded.
235 Unable to send e-mail.
Please contact the forum administrator with the following error message reported by the SMTP server: "535 Authentication failed "
The error occurred on line 124 in /home/public/sites/forum.audiogames.net/include/email.php
So, it looks like the system either isn't sending the report, or is sending it in but not displaying a success page. If nothing else, mods who read this will see the post I"m referring to, but probably not the report. Hopefully Richard and Cendermen can address this.

2020-06-08 22:03:28 (edited by Zarvox 2020-06-08 22:04:49)

Jayde has addressed this in another topic in this room. Said it still goes through
https://forum.audiogames.net/topic/3496 … is-broken/

2020-06-09 00:18:40

this forum is really dieing in a way

2020-06-09 00:38:39

has been. And I don't see it recovering anytime soon

2020-06-09 10:34:03

It's really, really sad seing an active moderation team and no developer team whatsoever. What Jayde, Dark or even Carter or Liam can do if they dont have access to the stuff?

If you want to contact me, do not use the forum PM. I respond once a year or two, when I need to write a PM myself. I apologize for the inconvenience.
Telegram: Nuno69a
E-Mail: nuno69a (at) gmail (dot) com

2020-06-09 13:38:41

Nuno knocked it on the head. We can't do much in terms of changing the system. The pm thing's still, an issue, after years, of, asking.

2020-06-09 16:45:19

I am very sorry to ask this question, but have you thought of waving "goodbye" to the current dev team and seek a new home?

If you want to contact me, do not use the forum PM. I respond once a year or two, when I need to write a PM myself. I apologize for the inconvenience.

2020-06-09 18:10:13

its not taht easy you know

2020-06-09 18:20:00 (edited by Nocturnus 2020-06-09 18:21:08)

No, it really isn't.  while almost everyone would agree it needs doing, not everyone has the time necessary to get it done.  Stick around though, I may have some pleasant surprises for you in the not too distant future... I won't say anymore on this matter at present, but suffice it to say that I, in conjunction with the company I'm working with want to launch a site that'll rival all you've ever seen, dedicated to the blind and vision impaired.  No, I'm not currently asking for contributors, but do keep this in mind if you want to get in on the project later.  Yes, Nocturnus said it.  Nightshade and I proposed the idea to our boss and he likes it and wants to do it.  As we are currently engaged in other projects, however, we're going to tackle those first and then we'll come back to this one.
and no, this isn't me trying to take users away from this forum... I love this community, but I'd like to see this website do something and, sadly, I don't think that's going to happen, particularly since nothing where innovation is concerned has been done in the roughly ten years I've been out here.  My boss is an innovater and wants to reach blind and VI people and enable them to have all the information they could possibly want and or need at their fingertips.  Can we do it?  Only time will tell, but we're going to try, and given the situations that have arisen in our lifetimes where we've felt hopeless, helpless and inefficient, we're not giving up until we fall apart or we succeed!  Keep watching for more posts from me in the future, and we sincerely hope you'll become part of our expanding family!

When life gives you oranges, demand lemons since everyone else is obviously getting them.

2020-06-09 18:44:25

oh we are going to be doomed by nocturnal  creatures, i'm scraed
ceriously though, when you tink about it its not that hard
put a forum message at the begining of the page, and put up a new link if you ever want to transission to an other software, then watch the people pour over
bu eather way, hope something happens

2020-06-09 21:20:56

What's your problem Omer? I mean, transfering SQL aint easy, but it can be done

2020-06-09 22:54:01

Nuno wrote:

What's your problem Omer? I mean, transfering SQL aint easy, but it can be done

yes, its sort of doable if your the webmaster yourself, but you cant do that if you even cant access it
and uh, i have no problems,

2020-06-09 23:30:12

@12 exactly. To export the .sql file that can then be imported again you need to have access to the real vps or dedicated srv. The reports error was/is probably caused by the whole php process erroring out if one thing goes wrong in the code. That means even if the first process worked it still errors out at the point where it fails to connect to the mail server.

Lamas with hats, but with sponge bob as carl Stay tuned.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvAUQt … subscriber

2020-06-10 00:43:38

This issue, as pointed out by carter should now be fixed. The original post is post number 21 of the topic at https://forum.audiogames.net/topic/3507 … i-beg-you/
just in case people who read this topic didn't follow that one.

2020-06-10 01:32:45

I have a phpbb3 up on my website; I'll give it to the administrators to do with as they please assuming we can update to php 7.3

2020-06-10 11:36:38

Umm... I odn't know whether this will eb sufficient

2020-06-10 16:12:12

@15 aem php bb? That has inaccessible captcha.

Lamas with hats, but with sponge bob as carl Stay tuned.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvAUQt … subscriber

2020-06-10 16:17:40 (edited by gerech 2020-06-11 10:29:46)

I like discourse and fluxBB. For fluxBB there's tuns of mods you can install and discourse supports subscribing to topics via email and you can write your posts using markdown!

If you found this post helpful, amusing or funny, please thumb it up!
To get in touch, please email me using the email link below this post. If you prefer, you can also send me a friend request on discord. I'm thetechguy#6969. Please do not send me a PM on here as I don't check those often.

2020-06-10 19:55:19 (edited by Nuno 2020-06-12 08:12:57)

You're too late, traveller.
This post has lost its glorious meaning!

You mean you can subscribe to topics via Markdown? That's absolutely great function!

2020-06-11 06:08:09

no, its not captcha, you can select something else such as q&a too, I've been preparing a test one on my local AMP distro.

2020-06-11 10:29:14

Nuno. lol. no. let me edit that.

If you found this post helpful, amusing or funny, please thumb it up!
To get in touch, please email me using the email link below this post. If you prefer, you can also send me a friend request on discord. I'm thetechguy#6969. Please do not send me a PM on here as I don't check those often.