2020-05-16 09:08:35

I don’t see any charm abilities in my skills. oh yeah, and I can confirm that the erratic battler skill is not in the game even though the story says I should have it.

2020-05-16 09:22:45 (edited by ficho 2020-05-16 10:39:36)

charm is in items. you can buy it from zap slam. never mind about the save. going to destroy the final boss with my weapons and skills.
hahahahahahahahamuhahahahahahaha. time to die.
edit.
can you powerdown 8 6 7 5 3 0 9?
it kills everyone in one hit.
got'em. leefox is ded and I killed him with skills, magic and no attacks.
is the first postgame part available?

2020-05-16 12:38:03

About the boosses and enemies doing too much damage, I just need to keep trying to balance them. The manual for Text Game Maker doesn't explain how stats work very well. Erratic Battler, the reason it's not there is because currently it's overpowered. I just started working on the Battle Arena. It's in Hogwarts, which you can go to whenever you want since you get warp by completing the second dungeon.
8 6 7 5 3 o 9 should be doing 150 damage to everyone accept Jenny, who is double weak to it because of the words in the song and what they mean.
I figured some of the enemies were too strong. All those fixes are coming in the next version, as well as access to some of the, if not all, of the postgame.

Barren Byron used Nature Overdrive!

2020-05-16 12:55:13

can't wait for the postgame! also. in the documentation it sez that the kwiditch part of the post game is available but it isn't for me.

2020-05-16 21:24:27

Oh, well, I am passed zap slam, and I always thought charm was a skill, so I never bothered with item shopping. And I am not starting over, not when I’ve gotten so far. as for the arena, this is something I would want to return to no matter where I am in the game, not after I have been in the area and it’s gone. No, I want at least this place to be something I can return to all the time whenever I want. I would prefer it if I could do that with everything, but I understand if this program is hard to use. so, even if I have to wait for another project for this kind of thing to be figured out, then I will wait. This game is fun as it is. By the way, how can I find your other games. A lot of these games mention some of them, but I have only found the first to the blank games on the new releases room, but I know you made other games Like it, and I would love to check them out. to be honest, I thought these would be simple games until the next big audio RPG came out, but I find myself becoming more and more attached to it, and I think it has something to do with the fact that it is not only not trying to be something it isn’t, but embracing what it is.

2020-05-16 21:42:17

And now that I am giving ideas, I really want to share them all, because while I have meager programming skills at best, and, like math, is not my forte, my imagination is always going wild. how about an audio game with the main people that run the site as characters, some being bosses, others being party members, you get the idea. it would be in your style, a game that knows it’s a game. The premise would be that the game itself is something you are trapped in, and the administrators and moderators are doing their best to try to get you out. I have a good idea for level design as well. It would be sort of a battle arena RPG, as in, the entire game would be a battle arena, similar to Blind Gladiator, and like the Blind Gladiator, you could participate in fights that don’t get you anywhere, but do give you gold and experience. maybe, if you got to a certain point in the game, it would allow you to take on random quests that have you fighting nameless opponents, like bandits or goblins or other such creatures invading the world, perhaps with people you have fought against previously, and they join your party. The fights, however, obviously give you the most money and experience, but the randomized quests would be in case you are losing fights, or are just looking for something else to do. and it would also make a bit more sense, given the limitations of the program. You can’t go back to places you have already been, and what better excuse for that in universe then it being a tournament, and you can’t go down floors if you want to reach the top. and the quests would be in a Shoppe, and the moment you complete one, the moment another one comes in. each floor would be like a town in these games, each offering better items, weapons, armor, tougher quests, and obviously, harder fights which give you more money.

2020-05-16 22:41:37

Those are good ideas, but here's the thing. I don't know how to make audio games, yet. I've never played Blind Gladiater, but I could make a game using the information you provided, easily, using this same programming language in English.
About the other games, the only other main game I made was Objectives which is The Blank Game 1. I don't know if I should upload it in it's current form do to how similar it is to a Japanese game called Alternative Magic. I had it up before, but I removed it because I thought it was too close to a clone and I'd get banned for uploading clones like people who made things like, bann me for saying this if you want...
The Killer, TK, Red Pots or whatever it was. I hadn't been following that whole thing. Alternative Magic is open source and I had done a lot of story changing and some gameplay/sound changing for Objectives so it wasn't an exact clone, but in my opinion it comes close.
Modderators, just tell me to take this down and I will if necissary. Objectives can be found here:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/h3x5cwvb48pvo … s.zip?dl=0
Note: it's mostly playable in English, accept some of what the people say is from Alternative Magic. It doesn't come with a documentation, but here are the things you should know about it.
The commands are the same, but their is know enter key fix add-on for NVDA packaged with the game.
Battle is much, much more balanced, skills, magic, all of it. You have to make a party of 3 people, but you'll have the choice of 5 people by the end of the game.
To get skills, you need to purchase weapons. Each weapon comes with a skill built into it. Say, for example, that you wanted to use Smash Blade. Smash Blade comes with the Sunlight Sword, so you'd go to skills and choose Sunlight Sword to use Smash Blade. Magic is learned by beating boosses. The game will usually tell you if something is in Japanese, but if you go to an area and find Japanese that place hasn't been translated yet. To leave that place, from the menu:
Down, enter, end, up once, enter.
The reason I made it was, because I was mad at something my brother said. Then, it just expanded from there. Yes, that's who Trevor Pine is. My brother.

2020-05-17 00:03:47

For me, any game that is dependent solely on the screen reader is an audio game. and regardless of what you name your characters, I definitely know you can make that game easily. And yes, objectives is very similar to alternative magic, even the music, but I play it because I can understand it more than alternative magic. Well, I think both are moot now as JGT doesn’t work with the current version of NVDA. by the way, this is just out of curiosity, but you are Japanese, correct? How is it you speak English so well? I consider that you could be using a translator, but the cultural references you use tells me you understand it pretty well, either that or English to Japanese translation is more precise than Japanese to English

2020-05-17 00:29:54

I'm actually English, I just learned Japanese using Pimsleur.

2020-05-17 00:55:56

Interesting

2020-05-17 22:37:06

Hi, how programming language youre using to create this game?

ice, fire, water, thunder.

2020-05-17 23:56:01

I'm writing the game in Text Game Maker, which is in Japanese. And just because the name is similar to "Audio Game Maker", it's not the same. It's by a different developer, and has a lot of features that you can use to make your game. The only down side is that you'll need to know Japanese to make games, and not everything can be translated. However, since it can be translated to English, you can change messages to any language you want. I know their are some people who speak Spanish here, so they could make games in Spanish with it. It probably works for any other language as well.

2020-05-18 15:10:08

Boy, give link to this program, I will check

ice, fire, water, thunder.

2020-05-18 15:34:26

You can download it here:
http://lumo21.net/textgame/
The page is in Japanese, and their are 2 versions.
0.63 involves less code to make games and it's easier, but you can't change as many commands so that means you can't translate any of them to English or another language.
0.9781 is the most recent version, and that's the version I wrote this game in. Not only does it have more features, but you can create a skill and magic system, plus you can customize about 90 percent of the commands so you can translate the game into whatever language you want.

2020-05-19 09:36:00

Hello, i'm stuck at where I must complete the pokemon gym and proceed to paid my dues and finish off the invading robots, the thing is that I can't save or flee, and these robots hit hard, I win a fight, and lose the next one, then I have to redo the whole gym again, then back to fight these bots.
any help here?

2020-05-19 09:37:11 (edited by ficho 2020-05-19 09:37:46)

there is a new version in the first post. it fixes some things. seriosly. check the posts

2020-05-19 14:59:21

Version 1.2 is here! Not very many updates to the postgame, but I think all the bugs with battles are fixed now and all the boosses are not as hard in terms of hitting. See the full change log in the documentation. 1.3 will be mainly focused on postgame. The link is in the first post, or you can get it here:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/hxthlzu34rr6n … 2.zip?dl=0
And no, you don't have to restart. Just back up your save, extract the file and play!

2020-05-19 19:07:27

Thanks. The paladors were beaten, but still, it was quite the intense battle. That’s how you do a boss battle!

2020-05-19 21:33:14

Are you talking about the first time you fight them?

2020-05-19 23:17:17

Yes I was, but I have a bug to report. Move will join the battle when I go up to the first floor, but after the battles leading up to that floor, he doesn’t seem to be in my party anymore. The story shows that he is, but I can’t select him in any menus.

2020-05-19 23:40:25 (edited by boy 2020-05-19 23:40:57)

Sorry about not fixing that, it's fixed now. Simply redownload the game, same link as before. It's in post 1 or 117. Now you'll have Move in your party before the story says he's joining you, but whatever, you'll still be able to have him. No restart required, as usual.

2020-05-20 03:11:44

Hi, I have a bug to report, when I am in the third dream, and fighting my first encounter, when I press shift enter after it says something like, archer is here, the game stops responding.

2020-05-20 03:25:35

I now tried fighting ultrabrat boy and garganchan is weak i mean if crosscut is used he dies every time. Before he was powerful. I can't tell what level he is.

2020-05-20 03:45:50 (edited by boy 2020-05-20 03:48:50)

The bug with Move's dream scene was fixed in version 1.1. If you didn't see the posts when I first released that version, you have to restart the game after downloading the latest version.
To the person who can't beat the Ultra Brat, for now use 3 or 4 Weakness Powders on him and attack until he dies. If you started your game before the 1.1 release, I'd say restart now so you don't get to Move's dream where the game crashes if you don't have 1.1. To check a Character's level, press tab to open the status screen. This will give you your position and how much money you have. Press it again, and you'll get the full status of your first character. Level is called Math, and below HP and MP. Press escape to close the screen and go back to the game.

2020-05-20 05:28:50

So I have to restart my whole game thing?